Shadow Banning

A place for discussions that are NOT related to the US Hawks. This area is provided for the convenience of our members, but the US Hawks specifically does not endorse any comments posted in these forums.
Forum rules
Be Polite!!

This forum is for discussions that are NOT related to the US Hawks. This area is provided for the convenience of our members, but the US Hawks specifically does not endorse any comments posted in this forum.

Shadow Banning

Postby Rick Masters » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:45 pm

Liberal fascists run amok!
Goodbye Twitter.
Goodbye Twitter stock.
Goodbye Green Cards.
Rick Masters
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Shadow Banning

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:40 pm

From the Sylmar forum:
http://shga.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5051

Post Author: OP

Post Date: Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:09 pm

Post title: "Does our PHPBB allow for shadowban?"

Post content: "Ban certain people in a way that they are unaware of the ban."

The whole concept of depriving people of their speech without even having the guts to say so ... is repulsive to me. It's cowardly and has no place in a free society. It *should* have no place in the United States of America.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Free » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:36 pm

Posting here to see if I'm being shadow banned in the Hang gliding General section?
Tried to make a post there and nothing..
Free
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:01 am

Hi Warren,

We don't shadow ban people here. In fact, we keep a public list of people who've been banned from our forum and others.

However, we have had a bug that's been with us for years (even back to when Tad was still here). Normally when you post (or edit), you'll get a message saying that the post was successful. However, sometimes you click "Submit" and you end up back at the topic without that message. If that happens, then your post (or edits) haven't been saved. If that happens (and it's easy to miss it), then press your browser's "Back" button as soon as you can, and you'll be back in the editing window where you can try to submit again. Often this will keep failing. That's when it helps to press the "Preview" button and then press "Submit" from the preview. But sometimes even that doesn't work. Just keep trying and be sure to check for the confirmation after each post or edit.

This is an infuriating problem, and it even happened to me while I was trying to make this post. I'm sorry but I don't have a solution at this time.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bill Cummings » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:41 am

Recently I've become suspicious of SHADOW SCANNING.
Upon clicking to go somewhere it will spin the connection wheel endlessly.
To speed the connection up I click the stop button then click again and then it opens the link.
So why does it take two tries to get to a link?
Bill Cummings
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Free Speech Zone / Off-Mission Discussions