Rich Riel and The Hogwash Hour on AM 1170

A place for discussions that are NOT related to the US Hawks. This area is provided for the convenience of our members, but the US Hawks specifically does not endorse any comments posted in these forums.
Forum rules
Be Polite!!

This forum is for discussions that are NOT related to the US Hawks. This area is provided for the convenience of our members, but the US Hawks specifically does not endorse any comments posted in this forum.

Rich Riel and The Hogwash Hour on AM 1170

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:51 pm

The Hogwash Hour, Episode 1:

Podcast available here:

https://theanswersandiego.com/radioshow/8925

See also http://richriel.com

rich-400x300.jpg
rich-400x300.jpg (33.5 KiB) Viewed 245 times

Hogwash_20201101_2338.png
Hogwash_20201101_2338.png (147.83 KiB) Viewed 241 times

Thanks Rich!!!

:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:
:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:
:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute::
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Rich Riel and The Hogwash Hour on AM 1170

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:45 am

The Hogwash Hour, Episode 2:

In this episode, Rich Riel interviews Cory Briggs running for City Attorney. Cory does a super job of laying out his position as attorney for the people of San Diego. This has been an historically controversial view with some City Attorneys having claimed that they only represent the government of San Diego (Mayor, City Council, etc), and not the citizens of San Diego.

I believe Cory's view is correct that the City Attorney is the legal representative for the people of San Diego as the rightful shareholders of the incorporated "City of San Diego", and not for the politicians and administration of that corporation. This became clear to me when I was elected as Regional Director for USHPA in 2008. As a new Director, I was given a book that outlined the duties of a Director. One of the key challenges for a Director is understanding who they are really representing. The book was very clear that Directors represent those who have the power to install and/or remove them. Since the City Attorney for San Diego is an elected office, that very clearly establishes the City Attorney's role as a representative of the people. Cory's view is correct and that is why I endorsed him even though we differed on a number of other issues.

Unfortunately, Cory didn't win in last weeks election. But I am both hopeful and confident that he will continue his long history of working to make San Diego a better place for everyone in whatever role he pursues.

Thanks Cory, and thanks to Rich Riel for giving us this great new radio broadcast. :salute:
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Rich Riel and The Hogwash Hour on AM 1170

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:42 am

The Hogwash Hour, Episode 3:

In this episode, Rich Riel
Bob Kuczewski