Putin's War in Ukraine

A place for discussions that are NOT related to the US Hawks. This area is provided for the convenience of our members, but the US Hawks specifically does not endorse any comments posted in these forums.
Forum rules
Be Polite!!

This forum is for discussions that are NOT related to the US Hawks. This area is provided for the convenience of our members, but the US Hawks specifically does not endorse any comments posted in this forum.

Putin's War in Ukraine

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:12 am

As of this morning ... 137 dead.

Biden's weakness has cost real lives.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Putin's War in Ukraine

Postby Craig Muhonen » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:18 am

Freedom Fighter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDPrMdXAPx0 Ward Carroll

=====================================================================================================================================================================================
seems like the battle of Britain 2.0
GO Frogfoot Squadron

====================================================================================================================================================================================

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wzAJZmM8jc Ward Carroll

Money, Money, Money.

The Evil Joker.png
The Evil Joker.png (116.64 KiB) Viewed 1418 times

heads up.jpg
heads up.jpg (23.15 KiB) Viewed 1418 times

Obama's evil finger.jpg
Obama's evil finger.jpg (62.66 KiB) Viewed 1418 times

Sometimes you gotta' push the stick forward while you're lookn' at the ground
Craig Muhonen
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:13 pm

The Ukrainian resistance has been impressive so far.

I wish we had more of that courage in the sport of hang gliding.
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Craig Muhonen » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:32 am

Frederic Kagan and Jordan Peterson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys2zTL-b3eE

Craig Muhonen
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Craig Muhonen » Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:36 am

A very interesting talk with Valadimir Pozner
from a realist point of view and how 2007 was a turning point not taken. :?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X7Ng75e5gQ

=======================================================================================================================

And a good take by Peter Schweizer, on his book, "Red Handed" 2007 till today and the Biden Family :thumbdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79sMKg7YsFw

======================================================================================================================

If a tactical nuclear weapon is used by Putin, then I would not retaliate in kind with one,
but with a MOAB or two , which I would personally ride, like Slim Pickens,
in on Putin's sorry a**.
then I would take all nuclear weapons and put their power into reactors, make steam, and power the world.
The only green energy I see, is my Vomit, hurling on to my oppressors.
I am Alfred E. Newman, and I am running for President. :thumbup:

C:+o)
Craig Muhonen
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:14 am

Ukrainian President Zelenskyy to receive Ronald Reagan Freedom Award

Zelenskyy.png
Zelenskyy.png (700.28 KiB) Viewed 1357 times

https://www.reaganfoundation.org/about- ... dom-award/
Attachments
volodymyr-zelensky-freedom-award-lead-release-4-final.pdf
(159.4 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Craig Muhonen » Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:18 am

And these Freedom Fighters deserve credit also, but they are not in the fight of their lives, to get a medal. :salute: :salute: :salute:

100,000 men sign up to fight
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ka ... s-training
====================================================================================================================

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnzOHS3_D3g

=============================================================================================================================

Craig Muhonen
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Craig Muhonen » Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:36 pm

Craig Muhonen
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:30 am

President Zelenskyy just delivered a powerful message to the United States Congress.

Congress gave him a standing ovation, but we'll see if they give him what he actually requested.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:30 am

Zelenskyy asked for a no-fly zone or alternatively the aircraft to defend from the sky.

Biden subsequently responded with additional anti-aircraft weapons, but not with a no-fly zone and not with the aircraft that Zelenskyy requested.

Poland had been willing to donate all of its MIG-29 fighter jets to the cause if the United States would facilitate the transfer. But the Biden administration refused.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/597386-poland-transferring-mig-fighters-to-us-amid-ukraine-pleas-for-help

March 08, 2022 - 03:50 PM EST
Poland says it's transferring MiG fighters to US base amid Ukraine pleas for help

The Polish government on Tuesday said it is ready to “immediately” deploy its entire fleet of MiG-29 fighter jets to a U.S. air base in Germany, giving Washington the chance to then send the planes to Ukrainian forces.

“After consultations between the President and the Government,” Poland is “ready to deploy – immediately and free of charge – all their MIG-29 jets to the Ramstein Air Base and place them at the disposal of the Government of the United States of America,” Poland said in a statement.

“The Polish Government also requests other NATO Allies – owners of MIG-29 jets – to act in the same vein.”

The proposed transfer of the Soviet-era fighter jets is notable as Ukraine for days has pleaded with Western officials to help it counter the brutal Russian assault on the country with either a “no-fly zone” over its airspace or the transfer of aircraft that Ukrainian pilots could fly.

However, the Pentagon later on Tuesday appeared to reject Warsaw's plan.

“The prospect of fighter jets ‘at the disposal of the Government of the United States of America’ departing from a U.S./NATO base in Germany to fly into airspace that is contested with Russia over Ukraine raises serious concerns for the entire NATO alliance,” Pentagon press secretary John Kirby said in a statement.

“It is simply not clear to us that there is a substantive rationale for it. We will continue to consult with Poland and our other NATO allies about this issue and the difficult logistical challenges it presents, but we do not believe Poland's proposal is a tenable one,” he added.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on Saturday implored U.S. lawmakers to send the Russian-made MiGs, which Ukrainian pilots are already trained to fly.

The United States and other nations have been reluctant to draw the ire of Russia with such a major arms transfer. Moscow has warned that any nation that gives Ukraine aircraft to use to fight Kremlin forces could be seen as participating in the conflict.

On Sunday, Secretary of State Antony Blinken said the plan had gotten "the green light" from the U.S. and that the Biden administration would then work to backfill the Polish military, reportedly with F-16 fighter jets.

Poland touched on that plan in its Tuesday statement, asking the U.S. to “provide us with used aircraft with corresponding operational capabilities,” in place of the MiGs, of which it has 27, according to Janes.

The White House has tempered expectations, however, with press secretary Jen Psaki on Monday pointing to the complicated logistics of backfilling planes for its allies.

Procuring new planes and transferring serious weapons systems “often take years to do from the United States,” she told reporters.

Additionally, Poland's offer to transfer the jets wasn't "preconsulted" with the United States prior to the Tuesday announcement, according to Undersecretary of State for Political Affairs Victoria Nuland.

“I saw that announcement by the government of Poland as I was literally driving here today,” Nuland told lawmakers at a Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing.

“So to my knowledge, it wasn't pre-consulted with us that they plan to give these planes to us,” she said, adding that after the hearing ended she would return to her desk and see “how we will respond to this proposal of theirs to give the planes to us.”

Updated at 7:41 p.m.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/08/politics/poland-jets-ukraine-russia/index.html

The Pentagon on Tuesday evening dismissed Poland's proposal floated hours earlier to transfer its MiG-29 fighter jets to the United States for delivery to Ukraine.

Pentagon press secretary John Kirby said in a statement that the Pentagon did not believe Poland's proposal was "tenable," just hours after Polish officials released a statement saying the government was ready to deploy all of its MiG-29 fighter jets to US Air Force's Ramstein Air Base in Germany so they could then be provided to Ukraine in its fight against Russia.

"It is simply not clear to us that there is a substantive rationale for it," Kirby said. "We will continue to consult with Poland and our other NATO allies about this issue and the difficult logistical challenges it presents, but we do not believe Poland's proposal is a tenable one."
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Next

Return to Free Speech Zone / Off-Mission Discussions