HG.org wants BobK back

Forum for SW Texas Hang Gliders Club - Southwest Texas

HG.org wants BobK back

Postby SamKellner » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:04 pm

Hey look at this, while you can, before it's gone :

Post subject:
What happened to the org ?
I miss what the Org was two years ago ..

Chattoryman
We're too busy flyin' and drinkin' beer! Smile Plus, BobK not here livening things up! Razz

Read more: http://www.hanggliding.org/viewtopic.ph ... z2fm4cU7RA
Southwest Texas Hang Gliders
US Hawks Hang Gliding Assn.
Chapter #4
SamKellner
Contributor
Contributor

Re: HG.org wants BobK back

Postby SamKellner » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:51 pm

Self-regulation :?: Not fooling me :lolno: Less he means his own self.

sg
I think the self-regulation experiment has run its course.

Read more: http://www.hanggliding.org/viewtopic.ph ... z2fmDWGxgu

After completing my Instructor Cert, I started getting leads gen. update messages from Hg.org, emails from those interested in learning to HG.
But I had trouble logging on to the Leads Generation page to actually view/utilize the info.
Well, I don't need his stinkin' leads generation info.

I know who the "self" is in self-regulation. :srofl:

And it is satisfying to see others realize that the best info contributor has been banned from Hg.org .
Chapter #4
SamKellner
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:32 pm

SamKellner wrote:I know who the "self" is in self-regulation.

:srofl: :srofl: :srofl: :srofl: :srofl: :srofl: :srofl: :srofl: :srofl:

Hey Sam, that one really did get me laughing out loud. It's a little before midnight as I'm reading this, and I hope my laughter didn't wake the neighbors!!

SamKellner wrote:And it is satisfying to see others realize that the best info contributor has been banned from Hg.org .

There were several other really good contributors who were also either banned by Jack or left of their own choosing. Scott Wise (aka Wingspan34/33) was an excellent contributor on hanggliding.org for years, and yet Jack banned him ... for what?

Thanks for the post!!! It made my evening.    :srofl:
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby SamKellner » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:47 am

Bob,

In the sidebar of Hg.org there are various categories like most viewed topic, highest rated topic, etc.

Sometime I click on them and most contain your posts on issues that still ring true. :clap: :clap: :clap:

So in a big way, You're still there. :D

:wave:
Chapter #4
SamKellner
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bill Cummings » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:47 am

I didn’t like how Al Hernandez also noman and other were treated at Hg.org so around the time of Al’s deal, or slightly before, was my last post over there.

From time to time when a link to the Hg.org shows up here on the Hawks I go read that link. If it says I have to register or sign in to see something --- that is where I close out or return to the Hawks website.

I’m not one that will talk down on the Hg.org. That’s not my M.O.
I just quietly left Hg.org and hang out here.
Bill Cummings
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:38 pm

One of the things that's not widely known about Jack Axaopoulos ("sg" on hanggliding.org) is that he offered to set up a forum for the Torrey Hawks when we first got the club going. I had already registered the name "TorreyHawks.org", but Jack independently registered "TorreyHawksForum.org" where he established the forum.

I was very happy for Jack's help, and I distributed that address as our club's forum for years. Then Jack and I had a disagreement about how to run the HGAA, and suddenly Jack locked our club out of our own forum!! Even worse, he modified my posts on that forum to make it look like I had written things that I had not written. Our club has asked for Jack to turn the forum over to us and he refused. We also asked for the database of posts so we could migrate them to our new forum here, but Jack refused that as well. We even offered to pay reasonable costs, but he refused. Jack prefers having that as a billboard where he can smear us without "tainting" hanggliding.org. All of these actions are just spiteful, and they do not reflect well on his professionalism in the IT field.

If you go to the "TorreyHawksForum.org" to this day you can see what he's done to our forum.
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JoeF » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:05 pm

Wish there were a pro bono HG lawyer to have the fair thing happen as regards to the quite illegal actions of Sg over the matter.

View pilots' hang gliding rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
JoeF
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:51 am

JoeF wrote:Wish there were a pro bono HG lawyer to have the fair thing happen as regards to the quite illegal actions of Sg over the matter.

I wish the law were more accessible to the general public. The need to hire a lawyer to get justice doesn't seem right. Many jurisdictions have "small claims court" where you can get free help with small claims, but they are limited in scope and jurisdiction. I'd like to see a similar system nationally without the limitations.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Return to SW Texas Hang Gliders Forum