Wreyford XC

Forum for SW Texas Hang Gliders Club - Southwest Texas

Wreyford XC

Postby SamKellner » Sat May 31, 2014 5:18 pm

Nate,

My partner, Starley, at the 49R hangar said your dad was down here in his AirCam. :clap: Wish I could have been there at that time.
Southwest Texas Hang Gliders
US Hawks Hang Gliding Assn.
Chapter #4
SamKellner
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Wreyford XC

Postby Nate » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:23 pm

[youtube]http://youtu.be/az6_BJjVUno[/youtube]<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/az6_BJjVUno?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He said he made it down there. He is doing a lot of proximity type flying as the aircam is well suited for it. I have been telling him for a while now that if he just heads south 40 miles, the earth gets wrinkled up and there is cool terrain.

http://youtu.be/az6_BJjVUno

I still have my eyes on a long foot launch from Leakey. Looks like some good weather for it this week. The toughest parts are the hike up and putting a topless in that bailout. Upside is I think the hike up can be done so long as you plan the time to do it and there seems to be a large field on the other side of 83 at a 5.5:1 from launch.

Must go fly!!! I finally started with AT again. I'm ready to start flying for some miles.

Nate
Nate
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Wreyford XC

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:21 am

Awesome footage Nate!!      :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Most pilots (including myself) tend to mount cameras outon the wing looking back at the pilot. But that view to the front makes it feel like you're really flying!! :thumbup:

Also, I'm sorry that the YouTube embedding isn't more obvious, and I hope you don't mind me inserting the embedded codes into your post above.

You just use the YouTube video code ("az6_BJjVUno" in this case) between the tags like this:

[youtube]az6_BJjVUno[/youtube]

Please call me any time at 858-204-7499 if you ever need help with a post. In most cases I can help you on the phone right then.

Thanks again for posting some great flying footage, and welcome to the US Hawks!!
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Return to SW Texas Hang Gliders Forum