ushpa elections chairman

Forum for SW Texas Hang Gliders Club - Southwest Texas

ushpa elections chairman

Postby SamKellner » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:18 pm

in a personal e-mail from Mark Forbes:
You're coming across as grumpy and contrary, and for most people the easiest thing is to ignore folks like that. It might make you feel good, but it doesn't produce useful outcomes.

Feel good?

What really made me feel good :?: receiving a letter from ushpa containing a secret voting password for 2014 Regional Director, and there were no elections in Reg. 11 this year. :srofl: :P

Forbes has been finance and voting committee forever. He is rotated on to the Foundation Chair. or BOD quite often.

Searching the archives of the Foundation grants to Reg. 11, I could find one donation of $145. :thumbdown:

So I ask everyone, which do you think came first the ignore/chicken or the contrary/egg?
Southwest Texas Hang Gliders
US Hawks Hang Gliding Assn.
Chapter #4
SamKellner
Contributor
Contributor

Re: ushpa elections chairman

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:21 am

I've lost all respect for Mark Forbes ... in any capacity. Here are my examples to throw into the mix:

• Insurance Chair - Arbitrarily decided to put a "hold" on Torrey Hawks insurance application rather than issuing it.
  • Insurance Chair - Eventually went back on promise to even hold Torrey Hawks insurance application, and denied it altogether.
  • Elections Chair - Passed a rule barring recalled Directors from running again for two years and applied it to an election in progress!!!
  • Elections Chair - Eliminated email statements from candidates to members just this year.
Mark Forbes is the poster child for what is wrong with USHPA.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Return to SW Texas Hang Gliders Forum