Bart Waghorst is really a great instructor and pilot. :
when BobK said what he said, in that message, about how he was able to read Ozforum
, Bart chose sides at that time, if he hadn't already.
Ahhh, I see. Association with Tad might have been his reason for the attack.
There's no doubt that Tad is like a mad dog ... he can bite anyone at any time for any reason - no matter how slight. At the same time, I try to approach each person - and even each situation - on its own merits.
Davis locked down his forum and allowed people to make statements about others behind an "iron curtain" of protection. That's a pretty disgusting way to operate a forum, and it's very "divisive" for the sport as well.
Tad (using whatever means he's chosen) has been showing the world what goes on behind that iron curtain. In my mind, that's worth applauding even though I know Tad will be stabbing me (at least in the front ... not the back) at every opportunity.
Sam, please feel free to pass my phone number along to Bart if you like. We want to grow the US Hawks and if you say Bart is a great instructor and pilot, then I'd like the chance to explain what we're doing here at the US Hawks and see if he'd like to be part of it.
I will add that of the various HG "camps" on the internet, the US Hawks is the most open and universal place to communicate:
- Unlike USHPA, we at least have a forum for communication.
- Unlike the Oz Forum our site is open and not restricted to selected people as Davis has dictated.
- Unlike hanggliding.org we don't prohibit linking to other sites or quoting "non-persons" as Jack does.
- Unlike all other forums, we have subforums where club leaders make their own policies about who can post or not.
- And in contrast to hanggliding.org, the Oz Forum, and even KiteStrings, we have the fewest people who have been banned from the site.
So please let people know that if they want ONE common location for hang gliding discussions where they can get more unfiltered information than anywhere else ... the US Hawks is their best bet.