swtexas hga meeting

Forum for SW Texas Hang Gliders Club - Southwest Texas

swtexas hga meeting

Postby terryJm » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:48 am

hi bob, so i finaly got online! thanks for your help at the meeting ken's video was fun the library was pleased with us,too bad we didn't have more interest from locals i think we need an alternative organizatin with better member controll of policy changes and somewhat less demanding rating detail reqirments, and many more observers, and instructors. allowing high time pilots to give ratings, and instrucion based on obseved skill and performance may prevint new pilots from going off by them self, getting hurt, and giving us all a bad safety reputation. if the old organization cant trust its members enough to give us the credability to manag our owne affairs , what good are they? later tm.
terryJm
Contributor
Contributor

Re: swtexas hga meeting

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:29 pm

Hi Terry,

Thanks for signing up and thanks for posting!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I think the meeting went great. Ken and I kept talking about the good feelings we got from your club and your members. In fact we must have mentioned it at least a dozen times during our drive to San Diego (we just got back earlier tonight).

I still have to write up the minutes of the meeting and get them out to everyone, but I think you guys are on the right track. In fact, I think the steps your club is taking will set a good example for how to form a small club and how to get it going in the right direction. My hat is off to all of you!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks again for your hospitality, and please pass our thanks on to the Library for hosting the meeting.

Bob Kuczewski

P.S. I added you as an approved member of this web site so you can post anywhere you like. I've also moved your topic from the "New Users Forum" to the SW Texas Hang Gliders forum (leaving a link in the original location for historical clarity). Thanks again for signing up and for posting. Please post your thoughts and comments any time.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Re: swtexas hga meeting

Postby SamKellner » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:46 pm

terryJm wrote:hi bob, so i finaly got online! .
:clap: :thumbup:

Ups, we're in trouble now. :P Na, really, welcome to the forum, Terry. Now all our locals are posting here, both of us. :srofl:

Yes, thanks to BobK and Kenny for supporting us so gererously. We really appreciate your assistance, it makes the difference.

Such great ambassadors for our sport and even for USHPA. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Fly More,
Sam
SWTexas Hang Gliders
US Hawks
Southwest Texas Hang Gliders
US Hawks Hang Gliding Assn.
Chapter #4
SamKellner
Contributor
Contributor

Draft Minutes of January 7th, 2011 Meeting

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:09 pm

Draft
SW Texas Hang Gliders Club Minutes
January 7th, 2011

Meeting Location: Leakey Public Library
Meeting Date: January 7th, 2011 ... called to order at 6:15pm

In attendance:

Sam Kellner
    Effie Kellner
    Terry Meson
    Ken Bryenton
    Bob Kuczewski

Prior minutes: The December 17th minutes were read and the following corrections were made:
  1. The spelling on Terry's name was corrected to "Meson".
  2. The vote on stating that the SW Texas Hang Gliders Club does not discriminate against wing types was unanimous.

... (to be continued) ...
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Return to SW Texas Hang Gliders Forum