Well I finally decided to go ahead and sign up.

This subforum provides a place where new users can post immediately while protecting the rest of the forum from automated posting (spam). Posts here will eventually be moved to a proper location in the forum.
Forum rules
This subforum provides a place where new users can post immediately while protecting the rest of the forum from automated posting (spam).

If you have just registered (but are not yet approved) and would like to post to some other location in the forum, then please post here using the following rules:

1. Enter a title for your post that would be appropriate for your intended destination.
  2. Use the first line of your post to specify the subforum and topic where you want your post to go. Prefix this with the phrase "New Topic" if you want to start a new topic in that subforum.
  3. Enter the rest of your post as you would like it to appear.

The moderator will review posts to this forum and move them to the desired location when approved. The first line indicating the desired location will be removed so your post ends up looking like a normal post. You will normally be added as an approved user at that time (if not sooner).

Well I finally decided to go ahead and sign up.

Postby Dayhead » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:33 pm

I wanted to post on the Mo Hawks forum but couldn't figger out how to do it. I'm kinda computer illiterate.
So anyway I used to live in SW Missouri so that's why I wanted to join there.
I live 9 hiway miles east of Crestline launch. I have a Sensor 610 and a couple old Comets and a Dream and a Harrier that I can't find. Must have left it somewhere. Glad I quit drinkin' things were gettin' tough.

I got my first ride on an Atos Christmas day. What a hoot. I can't afford one so I think I'll build something similar.

My real name is Steve Corbin. Let me know if you need any Sling Wings. :)
Dayhead
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Well I finally decided to go ahead and sign up.

Postby Free » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:03 pm

Dayhead wrote:I wanted to post on the Mo Hawks forum but couldn't figger out how to do it. I'm kinda computer illiterate.
So anyway I used to live in SW Missouri so that's why I wanted to join there.
I live 9 hiway miles east of Crestline launch. I have a Sensor 610 and a couple old Comets and a Dream and a Harrier that I can't find. Must have left it somewhere. Glad I quit drinkin' things were gettin' tough.

I got my first ride on an Atos Christmas day. What a hoot. I can't afford one so I think I'll build something similar.

My real name is Steve Corbin. Let me know if you need any Sling Wings. :)

Hi Steve,
Welcome to the most exclusive hang gliding club in Missouri!
You are now #3 of a very limited group!
Thanks for joining!

Good deal on the Atos Christmas flight. I'm a little jealous.. it's been a long time since I've flown and it will be spring at the best before I get back to it.

As far as posting, it looks like Bob has it set up to filter new members, only allowing them to post on this section.
He evidently hasn't checked in for a day or two and I'm sure he will free up your membership to post when he returns. He is on the road at who knows where at the present time.

Warren
Free
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Well I finally decided to go ahead and sign up.

Postby rachel8956 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:40 pm

So Warren do you live in Lakeview or are you just posting about it. You made a comment saying we are a man name Mark Webber which we only know from his DUI conviction. I am just curious being I don’t know you.
rachel8956

Moderator's Note

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:50 am

Welcome Dayhead!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks for joining us!!! :thumbup:

I've copied this topic to the MoHawks Forum since that was where it looks like you wanted it.

But I've temporarily left a locked copy here for a more complete record. So please post your additional responses to the MoHawks Forum.

Mostly, thanks for signing up for the US Hawks. We're not a large group, but we're a rare group ... since many of our members aren't found on some of the other major forums. :srofl:
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Return to New Users Forum