Sign in, say "hi", ... and be welcomed.

Re: Hello US Hawks!!

Postby SamKellner » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:46 pm

Hello All,

I'm still in :!:

That's some good pics of 2nd Sunday. Makes me want to throw the glider on the truck and head out West.

Y'all are so lucky to have Torrey. We are lucky to have BobK working for us.

Sam
hwy83@ Leakey, Tx
ushga #16016
Torrey Hawks
Southwest Texas Hang Gliders
US Hawks Hang Gliding Assn.
Chapter #4
SamKellner
Contributor
Contributor

Postby seaswept » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:05 am

Just learned for the US Hawks and believe that a new national association could be a good idea. I have ties to the old association as well as I am an AT and Tandem Administrator as well as an instructor. I fly as often as possible which is five or six day a week durning the summer months and I am looking for a warm place to fly in the winter months. I hope to help the US Hawks any way I can. CYA Jonny Thompson
seaswept
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:29 am

seaswept wrote:Just learned for the US Hawks and believe that a new national association could be a good idea. I have ties to the old association as well as I am an AT and Tandem Administrator as well as an instructor. I fly as often as possible which is five or six day a week durning the summer months and I am looking for a warm place to fly in the winter months. I hope to help the US Hawks any way I can. CYA Jonny Thompson

That's great Jonny! Welcome aboard!!

If you're looking for a warm place to fly in the winter, I'd have to say it's hard to beat San Diego (and southern California in general). We fly all year round here.

As for helping the US Hawks, there are three easy things you can do. (1) Try to visit this forum regularly and post something ... anything ... about flying. Right now we've only got a few people posting so anything you can do to "liven" us up will be helpful. (2) Try to spread the word and get more people to visit the US Hawks forum. It takes people to build a community, so anyone you can bring in would help us tremendously. (3) See if you can get any of your local clubs to become US Hawks chapters. I believe that local clubs are the backbone of any national organization, and so I'd like the US Hawks to be strongly rooted in local chapters. That's why I've devoted a separate forum on this site to each of our three current chapters. I like the idea of having one place where pilots can discuss both local and national topics. Right now all three US Hawks chapters happen to have the word "Hawks" in their names, but that's not a requirement. Your local club can also be a chapter of other national organizations, so you can certainly be a USHPA chapter and a US Hawks chapter at the same time. So please try to bring it up at your next club meeting.

Most of all, welcome again, and try to visit and post as often as you can. Please send me a PM or an email (bobkuczewski@gmail.com) if you have any problems with the forum because I'm new to running it, and there are lots of things that I can surely improve.

P.S. I just noticed the credentials on your profile (Tandem Instructor, Light Sport CFI, and Examiner). That's exactly the kind of background we will need to advise us going forward. Please feel free to post your thoughts on what you'd like the new organization to be. Thanks.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:19 pm

As you can tell by the frequent style changes, I'm still looking for a forum style that works well for us.

The current choice (X-Silver) was also chosen for the HGAA and it's got some nice features. Here's what it looks like at the time of this writing:

US_Hawks_X_Silver_Style_2s.png
X-Silver Style
US_Hawks_X_Silver_Style_2s.png (42.31 KiB) Viewed 18242 times

I'm also trying to use different themes for Chapters and Off Topic areas to convey the different purposes of those sub forums. Any thoughts are welcome.
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby calglider » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:39 pm

Another hawk comes in for a landing at the new form…
Hey Bob, Andy from way out in Blythe CA here. It was good to meet you a few days ago when John H test flew my new (to me) used Predator out at Horse Canyon. You and John made the crosswind launch look easy. If you are ever out in the area (and the wind is right), I’ll buy your trespass permit for the Indian Reservation where my small site is located.
Thanks again for all that you have done for HG in the past, and all that you will do in the future.

Lyle (Andy) Anderson
USHGA Pilot#975
Helmet…why :?: Parachute…what’s that? :roll:
calglider
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:16 pm

calglider wrote:Another hawk comes in for a landing at the new form…
Hey Bob, Andy from way out in Blythe CA here. It was good to meet you a few days ago when John H test flew my new (to me) used Predator out at Horse Canyon. You and John made the crosswind launch look easy. If you are ever out in the area (and the wind is right), I’ll buy your trespass permit for the Indian Reservation where my small site is located.
Thanks again for all that you have done for HG in the past, and all that you will do in the future.

Lyle (Andy) Anderson
USHGA Pilot#975
Helmet…why :?: Parachute…what’s that? :roll:

!! Welcome aboard Andy !!

By the way, the US Hawks is building on the model of local clubs, so if you don't already have a local hang gliding club in Blythe, you're encouraged to start one, and start collecting members. We'll give you your own sub-forum here on the US Hawks, and I'll be happy to join and support your local club as you've supported the Torrey Hawks. Pilots helping pilots is what the US Hawks is all about. Just post to let me know...

Once again, welcome to the US Hawks!!
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JoeF » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:10 pm

The US Hawks
has been affected by the leadership of Francis M. Rogallo (FMR) (r.i.p.). In partial support of such gift:

A site dedicated to unfolding the meaning of "Rogallo hang gliders" in the universe of hang gliders is

http://RogalloHangGliders.com

The project of the site will be long-term. The term "hang glider" therein is not limited or constrained by private or public organizations' niche-purpose restrictive definitions.

Notes toward such purpose may be in this thread or sent to Editor at RogalloHangGliders.com by e-mail.

Hang gliders flowering because of the radiance of vital actions by Francis Melvin Rogallo (FMR) (aka : Frank Rogallo, aka Rogallo, aka Francis Rogallo)

http://energykitesystems.net/Rogallo/FMRsmiles.jpg

FMR talked, wrote memos, wrote letter, played in the field and talked to others, spoke to groups of technical people, filed patents, encouraged others in business and sport, made and demonstrated models of great variety. FMR acted in his time and place with particular effects. Some of his patent claims seem to be global unassailable invention; some of his claims are assailable; however, beyond invention was impactful leadership and followings; these matters can be robustly explored by anyone interested. Only a small corner of the 1960+ renaissance in hang gliding was unaffected by Rogallo's aeronautical radiance; it is challenging to find unaffected corners (such would be by people totally embedded in a Rogallo-free local world; if anyone has reference for a totally-Rogallo-free strand of hang gliding, then such notes are welcome; Waterman was not impressed by the flexible sails, but even Waldo Waterman perked up because the Rogallo flowering was occurring; likewise, the seasoned Volmer Jensen increased energies to a return to his hang gliding interests in response to the renaissance that was highly charged with Rogallo influences.

FMR's life, way, communications, visions, and thrust into the space-age permitted a mechanical revisiting of things invented before his own happening; during the revisiting NASA and companies deepened studies over fundamentally already-invented wing types; those studies count as part of the FMR leadership thrust that brought media to announce "Rogallo Revolution" in public ink.
FMRsmiles.jpg
FMR smiles
FMRsmiles.jpg (23.57 KiB) Viewed 18081 times

View pilots' hang gliding rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
JoeF
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:11 pm

Joe,

Your way of looking at the world is inspiring to me.
Thanks very much for gracing our forum with your posts.

(big thumbs-up icon that we don't have yet goes here)

Bob K.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby redsagebear » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:47 pm

I've been seeing some posts on chemtrails. I have obseved these for years and they are not the vapor trails they use to be when I was a little girl. I am crazy thrilled to find some others whom are as "blown away" as I have been! After calling any military contacts to inquire, I've been told they are"normal" and "Maam, would you like us to shread your information now?" This is truley something! Anyone know facts? Donnot reply if you are "pro-chemtrial." Fly competent!
redsagebear
Contributor
Contributor

Postby TadEareckson » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:52 am

Hi folks,

Involved in a little skirmish right now, have a good lock on a major target, and will hafta be a bit brief for now.

Really appreciate the invite, Bob. Registered using a yahoo email address 'cause I ran into a major problem one time using my aol - a confirmation message was apparently blocked and I was subsequently unable to register using anything remotely resembling my real name.

I think a lot of us over here despise a lot of the same people for really excellent reasons and hopefully we can mount something of an effective insurgency.

Seeing a few friends on the list and I thank several for past and current support. Really happy to see Scott here - had really wanted to stay in touch but had lost all avenues of contact.

More later,
Tad
TadEareckson
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics