Sign in, say "hi", ... and be welcomed.

Channel 10 News Coverage of Gliderport Story

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:06 pm

I spoke at a City Council Committee meeting yesterday (July 29th, 2015) and I ended up being interviewed for a 10 News story that aired last night.

Here's the link:

http://www.10news.com/news/confrontation-at-torrey-pines-gliderport-caught-on-camera-072915

Here's what's posted along with the video:

SAN DIEGO - “Bob, you got to get out of here, I'm trying to instruct right now I don't need you sitting there.”

Posted on YouTube, that’s the beginning of a confrontation with Bob Kuczewski behind the camera, rolling at the Torrey Pines Gliderport.

“You should put a helmet on if you're hooked into a glider, you're setting a bad example for your students,” shouts Kuczewski to a flight instructor.

“You know I have a right to videotape you, you are far too close.. get away from me, get away from me!" shouts Kuczewski as the instructor advances towards him to physically remove him from the property.

Kuczewski, a pilot and hang glider says he's fighting for city oversight of the Torrey Pines Gliderport, claiming every right to be there and film what he calls the “many” violations happening there.

For refusing to leave the property, he was arrested for the third time, but has never been charged with a crime.

"He sits there and shoves a camera in your face and he's harassing you,” Robin Marien said.

Marien, the property leaseholder, banned Kuczewski from the gliderport, a man he says comes here to provoke his staff and customers.

“I mean that's what this guy wants, he wants either a physical confrontation, he wants some type of control,” Marien said.

Kuczewski says it’s a public city park and he cannot be barred.

When asked why he keeps going back and challenging it, Kuczewski said, "Rosa Parks, Rosa Parks did the one thing that she needed to do."

"She knew she was going to be arrested, knew she was going to go to jail, I’m sure she wasn't looking forward to it but she did,” Kuczewski said.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Channel 10 News Coverage of Gliderport Story

Postby JoeF » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:30 pm

The raw real long-story is hidden by shorts.

View pilots' hang gliding rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
JoeF
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Channel 10 News Coverage of Gliderport Story

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:19 am

JoeF wrote:The raw real long-story is hidden by shorts.

That's the news business these days - especially the television news.

But it wasn't too bad for the reporter's first introduction to the issue. I am very optimistic that the tide is turning on many fronts. :thumbup:
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Forum Statistics