Sign in, say "hi", ... and be welcomed.

Re: USHGRS

Postby JoeF » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:59 am

Started today a filed titled Action Log
for logging actions done by the USHGRS. Most recent actions will show on top of the page. We did not have such a log for the initial two weeks. Distinct actions by the staff or executive committee may be noted in an email to USHGRS using email
info@USHGRS.org or other email address that one would know would reach us.

=================================================
Code: Select all
USHGRS executive action:  Adopted from counsel MG:
"Stay true to the values of not having a political rating system or making personal comments.
Take the high flight. Work on expanding the USHGRS database through reliable sources with the bare facts."
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org

View pilots' hang gliding rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
JoeF
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:45 am

Hi Joe,

The new Action Log looks like another milestone in the growth of the USHGRS web site.   :thumbup:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Also, very good advice from MG (not to be confused with MGF).   :salute:
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby SamKellner » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:17 pm

JoeF strikes again !

Creating a US Hang Gliding association, 2nd Edition

...... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Go #5

:wave:
Southwest Texas Hang Gliders
US Hawks Hang Gliding Assn.
Chapter #4
SamKellner
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:49 pm

SamKellner wrote:JoeF strikes again !

Creating a US Hang Gliding association, 2nd Edition

...... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Go #5

:wave:

Right on Sam!!!

By the way, I see an important name missing from the "K" section.

Joe?
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby SamKellner » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:54 pm

Bob Kuczewski wrote:
The new Action Log looks like another milestone in the growth of the USHGRS web site.

Yes, blink and you get left behind. That's a good thing ! Congrats on the success.

USHGRS the way it should be !
Southwest Texas Hang Gliders
US Hawks Hang Gliding Assn.
Chapter #4
SamKellner
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:26 am

Great post on http://ozreport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57148

Fly4fun4 wrote:Hope everyone considers adding to the list of rated pilots…

1. Does anyone really think that USHPA will last forever? When's the next crisis or dues increase?
2. Competition is good
3. How many pilots have lost their ratings due to getting tired of USHPA's bull and difficult to get the ratings back.
4. Ever increasing cost to belong to USHPA
5. USHPA has become a paragliding magazine.
6. Many sites including some commercial operations don't use USHPA's insurance

Yes, the web site could use some work especially when it comes to supplying proof of ratings
Simple method is just copy your ratings page from from USHPA, save as pdf or jpg image and send it
in to ratings @ USHGRS.org
OR scan your current USHPA card and save as an image.

Attach contact information and an image if you like and you're done…

I'd do this asap as USHPA could simply make your ratings information private at any moment…
Then what do you do?

Bob Bradley
Flying since 1978 H4 all sign offs. Current USHPA member with NO ratings.. Go figure lol

There was also a great exchange later in that topic:

DougM wrote:I do not believe Joe is acting in our best interest. Joe's hidden agenda is NOT to help all of us pilots. His agenda is to make his club's presence appear bigger with more pilots than what it really has and is attempting to falsely legitimize his club. He is doing all he can to force us into joining his club.

Swift wrote:Doug, you post freely in public spaces using your real name. I see your posts frequently in several places and no one is stalking you.
There is no club. This is all about public record.

DougM? wrote:Hidden agenda, false legitimization, outright thuggery. he is using a bully's and a thug's methods of doing 'business.' I will not be listed by you bullies involuntarily and by force!

Swift wrote:Drama much?

DougM wrote:At least I have the choice with the more professional organization.

Swift wrote:What "more professional organization" would that be?
You gave up hang gliding anonymity the moment you signed your name and jumped through hoops to your H 1 rating.
You can't just be disappeared from history on your own wishes. You are part of the ether. 
You exist and you have entered an arena that USHGRS documents in a professional manor.
You should appreciate that you are being freely recognized by the noble efforts of Joe Faust.

Is it correct that you are age 59 and learning to fly? That is great. 
If I'm recalling a launch video attributed to you correctly, it was pretty powerful for such an old guy. 
Why would you not want to be noted for that instead of the childish whining that you are being bullied by attribution?
Learn some history and grow some humility. And maybe at age 59, grow up.

I love what Joe is doing and don't care so much what you are doing.

Nice job Swift!!    :salute:
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JoeF » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:26 am

At Robert Bradley's synergistic input of source code for a HG Pilot Send form moved USHGRS right along.

A first draft form is ready for use. There will be refinements and appearance improvements.
In the form you may give suggestions about the form; thank you in advance.
If you have hang glided solo in the US airspace or plan to do so, then you are invited to use the form:

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: =======================HGPilotSendFormVersion1

Posted here on my last day of being 75.
Friday I will wear 76.
Action Log for USHGRS

View pilots' hang gliding rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
JoeF
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Rick Masters » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:11 am

Impressive!
Thank you, Robert Bradley.
With data from the form feeding into a database, USHGRS busy-work will vanish. Kudos!
Happy birthday, Joe.
Rick Masters
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:47 am

Blessings of the Free Market ... meet Hang Gliding

We live in a time of choices in hang gliding.

If you want a paid membership with ratings and a magazine, you've got USHPA.
  If you want a free membership with ratings and a forum, you've got the U.S. Hawks.
  If you want a free rating without any effort at all, you've got USHGRS.*
  If you want a free forum without ratings, you've got the Oz Forum or Jack's living room.

And that doesn't even consider all the services offered by local clubs!

The coolest thing is that you don't have to choose any one over all the others. You can have ratings with USHGRS, U.S. Hawks, and USHPA. You can get USHPA's magazine and still participate in forums on ushawks.org, ozforum.com, and hanggliding.org. It's very cool!! That's the beauty of the free market.

One of the few threats to this new freedom comes from those who want to suppress this information. Of course Jack Axaopoulos (sg) who runs hanggliding.org is at the front of that list. Jack is so desperate to keep a lid on these choices that he banned Joe Faust for simply posting about USHGRS.   :roll:

* Footnote to my comment about "effortless" USHGRS ratings:

It's important to separate ratings from skills. Skills are hard won by one's own considerable effort. Ratings are just someone else's assessment of a person's skills. Skills will normally take time, effort, and sometimes money. Ratings, on the other hand, can be easy and convenient (USHGRS way).or a costly and annoying pain in the neck (often USHPA's way). My comment here was intended to say that the USHGRS rating system itself is about as easy as it can be ... even effortless. That makes no statement about what it takes to get those skills - which is usually a good bit more than effortless!
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:24 am

One of the many joys of USHGRS is stumbling across a gem of an article about one of our fellow pilots. I just happened upon this great article by and about Dave Broyles:

http://www.kite-enterprises.com/articles/Texas.htm

It was a joy to read, and I found it through USHGRS.     :salute:

While I am disappointed that Jack Axoupolous (spurred by Doug Marley) banned Joe Faust for promoting the U.S. Hang Gliding Rating System (USHGRS), I have to say that I'm glad they'll both be remembered for their participation in that rotten deed. Just browse the pilot pages on USHGRS and remember that Jack Axoupolous banned Joe Faust for creating/promoting those same pages. Justice was never so poetically sweet.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics