Sign in, say "hi", ... and be welcomed.

The Intergalactic Computer Network (Control Grid)

Postby Free » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:30 pm

Bob Kuczewski wrote:You could get a PhD in psychology studying the dysfunctional sport of hanggliding.

Psychologist are studying us, but I think you already knew that.
Look how the internet 'control grid' started.

From his office at The Pentagon on April 25, 1963 J.C.R. Licklider, Director of Behavioral Sciences Command & Control Research at ARPA, the U. S. Department of Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, sent a memo to members and affiliates of what he jokingly called the "Intergalactic Computer Network, "outlining a key part of his strategy to connect all their individual computers and time-sharing systems into a single computer network spanning the continent” (Waldrop).

ARPA, DARPA. Behavior Sciences Command and Control.
Every keystroke studied/categorized/analyzed.

The first internet message board for hang gliding was 'donated' and run by a University in Utah. Utah.ed
But it finally became too much for them, I suppose, and they withdrew the deal.
Then there was a free yahoo list type message board run by a couple different hg opportunist till it went down hill and expired under the rule of Jim Zeisit, past President USHGA. He banned me on some 'inside' info like the coward Jack Axaopolous used to ban Joe.
After that, Davis and Jack swooped in with their "free" data mining operations. Davis' message board was pretty crude to begin.
It was advertised as a ''lab" in the fine print.

Its all free but we are selling your data.
DARPA sits on all of it and psychologist are the worker bees sorting it all out.
You are living in a glass house.
Its all free. Aint it grande?
Free
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Joe Faust banned from hanggliding.org

Postby Bill Cummings » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:09 pm

THE CHEESE IN THE MOUSE TRAP IS ALWAYS FREE, FREE.
Bill Cummings
Contributor
Contributor

Re: The Intergalactic Computer Network (Control Grid)

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:28 pm

Free wrote:The first internet message board for hang gliding was 'donated' and run by a University in Utah. Utah.ed
But it finally became too much for them, I suppose, and they withdrew the deal.
Then there was a free yahoo list type message board run by a couple different hg opportunist till it went down hill and expired under the rule of Jim Zeisit, past President USHGA. He banned me on some 'inside' info like the coward Jack Axaopolous used to ban Joe.
After that, Davis and Jack swooped in with their "free" data mining operations.

Bill Cummings wrote:THE CHEESE IN THE MOUSE TRAP IS ALWAYS FREE, FREE.

There's a saying that if you're not the customer, then you're the product.

The U.S. Hawks has never sold any information to anyone for any reason. We don't target people for ads, and we don't "share" data with what are euphemistically called "partners". We are 100 times more of a real community than the "doppleganger" sites that shill for USHPA.
"People talk about the sport of hang gliding dying. It's not dying. It's being murdered. By the U$hPA." - Rick Masters

Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Previous
Forum Statistics