Sign in, say "hi", ... and be welcomed.

Jack Axaopoulos censors another topic on hanggliding.org

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:43 am

On January 1st, 2019 Logan asked an important question about club control of hang gliding sites on hanggliding.org:

Logan wrote:HOW DO CLUBS GET AWAY WITH CLAIMING EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS TO TERRITORY THEY DON'T OWN OR CONTROL?

By LoganR

Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:42 pm

I was successful in getting the word out that Point of the Mountain Flight Park in Utah is *NOT* under any form of club control, and is in fact; PUBLIC. Recently I heard the rumor that there was an exclusive agreement with the local Water District for use of the Emergency Landing Zone, and that club membership and waiver were required otherwise you are "trespassing". After only a few phone calls I received documentation and a statement:

Logan,

Thanks for your call today. Attached is a copy of the paraglider easement. You will note it is a non-exclusive easement for public use. No entity should be collecting a fee for use of this easement. I have yet to contact Salt Lake County, but will be in touch with you after I do.

Thanks,
Ammon

Ammon Allen, P.E.
Engineering Supervisor

I am just curious why people are so eager to believe these club requirements. How is it that people in a sport which advertises freedom is so eager to accept the rumored regulations of others?

file-13.jpg

file-14.jpg

A number of posters (including Frank Colver) supported Logan's position. Here's a post, for example, from mtpilot:

mtpilot wrote:By mtpilot

Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:20 am

In general I feel USHPA and the lawyers are killing the sport of hang gliding. It use to be friendly, now it's an expensive hassle with all the self imposed layers of insurance, regulations, and pecking orders. I see instructors quitting. Hang gliding is dangerous, and some intelligent insurance is desirable but I don't see this in the RRG, so many of us are frustrated. No, I don't think any club can control public space unless it is an exclusive lease.

Doug Marley, of course, jumped in to defend clubs claiming exclusive use of public land, but his arguments were no match for Logan's logic.

As usual, Jack Axaopoulos came to the rescue of USHPA's monopoly control of sites. Jack locked the topic. Has anyone ever asked how much money USHPA has given to Jack over the years for things like "advertising" and "lead generation"?

I've said it many times before. USHPA's monopoly is maintained by ensuring that there are no open mechanisms for pilots to communicate about important issues. There was no reason for Jack to lock that topic other than to prop up USHPA's monopoly.

Jack's hanggliding.org is a big part of what's wrong with the sport of hang gliding. Anyone who ignores that fact has their head in the sand.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Jack Axaopoulos censors another topic on hanggliding.org

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:34 am

Jack or Jack?

Jack_Dorsey.jpg
Jack_Dorsey.jpg (3.8 KiB) Viewed 1627 times

I'm not sure which Jack is the bigger Jerk ...

Jack Dorsey banning President Trump

or

Jack Axaopoulos banning Joe Faust

Either way, it's more proof that absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Frank Colver » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:15 am

Whether I agree with them or not, I support their constitutional right to do with their own property what they wish to do.

1st amendment does not apply to personal property.

Frank
Frank Colver
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:29 am

Frank Colver wrote:Whether I agree with them or not, I support their constitutional right to do with their own property what they wish to do.

Agreed. The constitution grants great freedom to private individuals and organizations. For example, even the KKK has a right to exist under our constitution. We vote to either support or reject such organizations with our own actions.

By the way, from people.com:

People.com wrote:Macaulay Culkin Supports Calls to Edit Donald Trump Out of Home Alone 2: Lost in New York

Trump_Home_Alone.png
Trump_Home_Alone.png (529.29 KiB) Viewed 1604 times

This showcases the insanity of the current "Cancel Culture" that wants to rewrite history to "erase" people they don't like. That is exactly what Jack Axaopoulos has done. He has erased any history that he doesn't like. Jack Axaopoulos has even rewritten people's posts to make them appear to be pedophiles:

Jack_changes_Als_post.png
Jack_changes_Als_post.png (56.18 KiB) Viewed 1602 times

In effect, Jack Axaopoulos holds his members hostage because he "owns" their history and has shown that he will make people "disappear" by erasing their complete history of posts or changing their posts and banning them. Translation: Every time "Red" spends his time writing yet another detailed post, Jack owns another piece of him.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Re: The future of hang gliding on hanggliding.org

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:19 am

Dennis Prager is a conservative talk show host and a conservative activist. He hosts a radio show where he explores a number of issues. He also publishes regular articles on his web site.

Dennis recently posted his wisdom on how to tell which side is lying on social media web sites. Dennis focuses on the political divide between the "left" and "right", but I think his insight applies to all social media on all topics. In short, his analysis is simple:

Those who suppress speech are the liars.

In his own words:

"With rare exceptions, the party that calls for censorship is lying. People who tell the truth can deal with dissent and different opinions. In fact, truth-tellers welcome debate."

I believe that's a perfect fit for this discussion about hanggliding.org. Here's the full article:

https://dennisprager.com/column/between ... the-truth/
Between Left and Right, How Do You Know Which Side Isn’t Telling the Truth?

Tue, Nov 15, 2022 • Prager's Column

In a recent Fireside Chat — my weekly podcast for PragerU, half of which is dedicated to my taking questions from (mostly) young people around the world — a young man in his 20s asked how he was supposed to figure out who is telling the truth and who isn’t. He was undoubtedly speaking for millions of his peers. Given the opposing positions one encounters on almost every issue, how is one supposed to figure out which position is right, and which one may not only be wrong, but a lie?

In addition to obvious suggestions — such as finding individuals and institutions whom you trust, studying both sides of issues, learning as much as possible and using common sense — I offered what may be the single most important indicator of who is more likely to be lying.

It is not a perfect indicator of who is telling the truth — there is no perfect indicator — but it comes close.

With rare exceptions, the party that calls for censorship is lying. People who tell the truth can deal with dissent and different opinions. In fact, truth-tellers welcome debate.

If this theory is correct — and I cannot imagine a valid argument against it — it means that in virtually every instance of a Left-Right difference, the Left is lying.

There is no important area of left-right difference in which the Left — not liberals; the Left — does not call for shutting down dissent.

Take the university. Everyone knows how difficult it is for a visiting speaker to offer non-left-wing views on a college campus. Conservative speakers are often either not allowed to appear in the first place, canceled after being invited or shouted down while speaking.

That is an almost perfect indicator that the leftist ideas that dominate campuses are false.

Now let’s take another example, an area that until very recently one might have said is the very home of truth — science, specifically medical science.

The left-wing California State Assembly recently passed a bill, signed into law by California’s left-wing governor and approved by the state’s left-wing medical establishment, that any California physician who spreads “medical misinformation” or “disinformation” could lose his or her medical license.

Now, why was this law passed? Was there, for the first time in California history, some outbreak of doctors “misinforming” their patients about medical matters, thereby causing them harm?

Of course not.

The law was passed to stifle all medical dissent on issues related to COVID-19.

So now, any physicians who suggest that patients in the early stages of COVID-19 might benefit from taking hydroxychloroquine or ivermectin (both along with zinc) could lose their medical license. Even if these drugs were completely useless in preventing serious illness or death in COVID-19 patients — and many reputable doctors around the world believe they are indeed effective — these drugs are among the safest medications in the world. Both are on the World Health Organization’s list of the most essential drugs in the world. There was no scientific or moral justification for threatening the licenses of doctors who prescribed them for COVID-19.

There are, however, two primary explanations for the medical establishment’s ban on doctors prescribing or merely speaking well of these two therapeutics. One is that former President Donald Trump promoted hydroxychloroquine as a potential lifesaver, and if he promoted anything, the Left opposed it — even if it could save lives. The other is that if these therapeutics were acknowledged to work, the vaccinations would be rendered largely unnecessary and Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson would lose a great deal of money. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institutes of Health and state medical boards essentially work for Big Pharma.

Based on the rule that those who censor are almost always lying, we must come to the frightening conclusion that the American medical establishment has been lying to us. That includes the American Medical Association, the American Psychiatric Association and the Association of Children’s Hospitals along with the American Association of Pediatricians. The latter two advocate, almost alone in the world, “affirmative” transgender care, such as puberty blockers in minors and mastectomies on perfectly healthy girls who say they are boys.

In its suppression of scientific dissent, the American medical establishment mimics the medieval Church’s treatment of Galileo.

The Left — in medicine, Big Tech, the mainstream media and in schools from kindergarten through graduate school — not only censors anyone who denies that “men give birth,” but smears their reputations, labeling them as haters, bigots, “anti-science” and inducers of teen suicide.

Truth is a liberal value, and it is a conservative value. It has never been a left-wing value. From Vladimir Lenin and the Communist Party to the contemporary university, the Left has always suppressed dissent.

And for good reason. If dissent is allowed, the Left loses its power.

And the Left knows it. Colleges know that one conservative speaker can undo four years of indoctrination in 90 minutes. And the medical establishment knows that a few dissenting physicians can undo its entire credibility.

That was my response to the young person who wanted to know which side is lying: the one that censors and suppresses dissent.

The Left.

This column was originally posted on Townhall.com.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Craig Muhonen » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:32 pm

Bob wrote;.. USHPA's monopoly is maintained by ensuring that there are no open mechanisms for pilots to communicate about important issues...

Why not use this format as a model and start
a "Hang Gliding Podcast" using two US Hawks pilots?
Who could they be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L556vRQAF0

USHPA's monopoly is just that, and a "Hang Gliding" podcast I think would offset USHPA in a way which would get the word out about the reality of Paraglider fatalities vs. Hang Glider fatalities, and why that is so,
also to a much bigger point of why Paragliders and Hang Gliders die on the cross of "Insurance",
why certain "Clubs", have gained control by their sheer numbers,
of the once "Hang 4" public launch sites,
and inserted tandem paragliding companies into the mandatory waver and insurance scam. IF USHPA is so strong,
why did they let one of the worlds best launch sites get banned for all foot launched gliding forever?

Here is the co-opt;
https://tellurideairforce.org/
notice, "I'm a hang glider" (pure co-opt) at the top and then a great picture
of a
Real Hang Glider Pilot (my friend Clint Wolfe) flying a
Real Hang Glider over a
Real town, long forgotten.

If I may;
Here is a picture I did of the first launch from Ajax in 1973. (photo 1993) TAF pilots were Clint Wolf, Bob St Onge, John Dunham and Jim Guest (RIP), flying two Seagulls and two Standards, and me the "lonely", black spot on top.
Original Telluride Air Force 1973.jpg
Original Telluride Air Force 1973.jpg (12.54 KiB) Viewed 666 times

A cut from the, "modern" TAF web site;
"DUE TO THE EXPIRATION OF THE INSURANCE POLICY INITIATING FOOT-LAUNCHED FLIGHTS ORIGINATING FROM WITHIN THE TELLURIDE SKI RESORT BOUNDARY IS FORBIDDEN AND ILLEGAL". :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

My H0pinion;
They did not want to pay the higher rate, :?:
(although they could have being in the richest area in the world),
which was finally :thumbup: imposed by AIG, so the, "scallywags'' and their mountain village friends,
picked up their toys and said,
"if we can't fly here, then nobody can".
:srofl:

USHPA and their cohorts have their own sort of media podcast department
Why not HG? :salute: :thumbup:

I know that HG has been co-opted, but I also know that they can
take back a space that has such an elegant and well portrayed history.
We're lookn' at the ground.
Don't pull back.

C:+o)

Sometimes you gotta' push the stick forward while you're lookn' at the ground
Craig Muhonen
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Craig Muhonen » Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:22 pm

Between Left and Right, How Do You Know Which Side Isn’t Telling the Truth?

This is the way to learn, it's hard work.
These guys are good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWQvdvOKbFk

The deceivers are very good at what they do, so
A good "challenging" interviewer/podcaster is what we need. :thumbup:
To rock back the "U$HPA LazyJack$", on camera for all to see, would be fascinating.
People should send a lot of money to whoever this guy is.

Sometimes you gotta' push the stick forward while you're lookn' at the ground
Craig Muhonen
Contributor
Contributor

Forum Statistics