Sign in, say "hi", ... and be welcomed.

Re: Two Dead at Torrey - Paragliding Collision (March 9, 201

Postby Craig Muhonen » Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:36 am

"brain fog" from other stuff too, seems to be it.
I've found these to be very helpful
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sZdLGd9tFw

if your mom would adapt to one of these it may help her "hear" better and more clearer. and if she wants, put ear plugs in for awhile and experiment. Being "paired up" to my phone, and hands, free to do whatever they like, just builds confidence.
Bone conduction is just another way to perceive sound.
It may be all about the hands and keeping them in shape. little bags to squeeze helps.
Crazy thought, bring your acoustic guitar in and let her hands touch it while you are playing it. bone conduction is amazing.

Sometimes you gotta' push the stick forward while you're lookn' at the ground
Craig Muhonen
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:53 am

Last week marks 3 years since the deaths of Glenn Bengtsson and Raul Valerio. As far as I can tell, nothing has changed at Torrey that would keep that accident from repeating tomorrow. There is still no oversight by the City of San Diego or any other organization with teeth. U$HPA continues its retaliation against any expert witness who testifies against the Torrey business.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:58 pm

From Mar 13th, 2019 at 8:22 pm in this topic:

Bill Cummings wrote:Having first hand knowledge about the military and paragliding connection it wouldn't surprise me one bit to find that San Diego, the Torrey concessionaire, and the military have a sweetheart training arrangement. It would explain away Robin M, council woman Bry, and the entire City council's aloofness and contempt for the public's legitimate call for oversight.
But in the interest of public safety the concessionaire should be stripped of any training of the recreational public.
Fairness for access has been lost for the foreseeable future at the Torrey flight park so the best way to stop the death cycle is to protect the public from this concessionaire by any means possible.

This was a particularly important post. Thanks Bill.   :salute:
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Previous
Forum Statistics