Sign in, say "hi", ... and be welcomed.

"Hang Gliding" being co-opted as Paragliding?

Postby Craig Muhonen » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:20 pm

In my H0 opinion (thanks US HAWKS) :salute: :salute: :salute:
"Hang Gliding is being murdered by U$HPA(RM)", and the "mutilation of the HISTORICAL RECORD, to bury the evidence is there for all to see, if you would just open your eyes and read between the lines (which they don't want us to do), and call them out for their
high school, "Fake Newsery".

Dan O is just "Trippn' (on U$HPA drugs), left his bulls**t back on the ground, and he ain't never coming down". The captions have a hard time writing the words "Hang Gliding" see how USHPA puts Hang Gliding into one word, just H.
Here is just one video (I don't have room for all the others I've found) of how they have been doing it since 1989, when Dan O and his friends first came to Telluride launch site (And many others all across the country and the world) and kinda "bullied" and taunted their way into The Telluride Air Force, saying, "we are hanging just like you guys, so please let us fly here under your "Hang Gliding" insurance, we have a P4 ushpa rating, and we can, "really fly".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqvdaxSd674&t=2s

Videos and words like these are just the tip of the "U$HPA iceberg"

Bob said, "If Hang Gliding were a thriving sport", and I think he's right to a certain degree, but Hang Gliding is not thriving, due to the sheer numbers of U$HPA paragliders (all good people I'm sure) that have showed up since 1989, and put themselves in the air, at original H4 only sites, forcing a very thriving Hang Gliding Sport (at the time) to use them like, "gates on a slalom ski racing course", "and it was no fun any more", say my old TAF friends.
A much faster, "penetrating", Hang Glider and it's prone pilot, should not have to compete in the same lift band ( and be forced to become a censored, dues paying, U$HPA member) with the slower, "floating and twirling", (and collapsing sometimes at the most inopportune times), Paraglider canope', and it's supine pilot, and "selfie taking" passenger. (who could not "fly the wing or throw a reserve chute, in case of a desperate emergency (as in an Asymmetrical Collapse)
But that's the way it is.

What about this as a "buffer against U$HPA" ;
A WEB PAGE that is not a forum, which is a True History of The World Hang Gliding Recreational Sport, in Pod casts, original Music videos and interviews, and stop action Training Videos , (Paragliding included) AND private insurance options by new underwriters, all put together by HG Clubs. John Heiney's training video called "Off & On", is a wonderful model, and he keeps it simple.
US Hawks is a wonderful repository of fantastic "essays" and art work and videos, where developers and software engineers, (and pilots) build their data base.

U$HPA has it's head up it's A**.
heads up.jpg
heads up.jpg (23.15 KiB) Viewed 1573 times

U$HPA is just a "suppository applicator", and their way to deliver "Their Drug".

Google USHPA and "read between the lines", and you will see how their marketing campaign has "stolen" the historic word, "Hang Gliding"
============================================================================================================================
============================================================================================================================
a story about a Paraglider pilot (Dan O maybe) who in 1992 took off from Telluride in "building weather","see, we can fly" and got sucked up into the thunderheads over the Wilsons, almost died, but then was miraculously let down over Dolores. He decided that since he was still flying and able to get some lift he would see just how far he could go. He made it all the way to the 4 corners Monument, a world record by mistake, (and wildly tauted) for the time of early Paragliding.
===========================================================================================================================
Note:
The Telluride Airforce went from 12 original Hang Glider (test) Pilots, and no Paraglider Riders, to now, 19 Paragliders, and "cash cow" Tandems , and only 1 Hang Glider Pilot.
anybody else seen this at their sites?
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
=======================================================================================================================

Long winded, but at least we have the wind.
C
(:+0)
Sometimes you gotta' push the stick forward while you're lookn' at the ground
Craig Muhonen
Contributor
Contributor

Re: "Hang Gliding" being co-opted as Paragliding?

Postby Chris McKeon » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:18 pm

I remember Back in the Eighties, when We Hang Glider Pilots {ALLOWED PARAGLIDER PILOTS} To join our Organization. I looked around and I thought to Myself.
Here We go; I think that it is looking like we have potentially cut our own Throats. For with Time Just through sheer numbers. Paraglider Pilot will be able to use Democracy against Us. Well it seems to Me that My thoughts had Merit. I mean Paraglider Pilots are like Us. They are individuals who want to pursue the dream of Free-Flight. I said back in the *0's, I also say it now; Go organize Your own Organization, Just as We Hang-Glider Pilots did. Please do not steal our organization.
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Craig Muhonen » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:33 am

BRAVO Chris, well written and spontaneous. Tango Yankee. :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

everything will lill you.jpg
everything will lill you.jpg (40.69 KiB) Viewed 1552 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qA6pN1aeZ4

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

=====================================================================================================

C
(:+o).
Craig Muhonen
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Craig Muhonen » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:08 am

More fun at my home town,
and why modern Hang Gliding at Torrance Beach in 1970-71
can never really be, "co-opted", (note; it deserves a plaque too)
"they just jumped into the sky, and missed". :D (screenshot from 1971 Newport Otto Meet)

Flying Thru The Air 1.png
Flying Thru The Air 1.png (185.13 KiB) Viewed 1550 times
:D

The Perfect Storm

https://hghistory.org/hang-gliding-2/torrancebeach/

Hal Brock.png
Hal Brock.png (154.4 KiB) Viewed 1550 times

Pete Brock.png
Pete Brock.png (145.97 KiB) Viewed 1550 times

http://privitt.com/hang_loose.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kM3498gwoI#t=40m029s

==========================================================================================================================================================

C
(:+o)
Craig Muhonen
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Frank Colver » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:29 pm

I continue to say that controlled flying sites (like POM and Torrey, etc.) should have alternate flying days for Hg & PG.

However, I can anticipate the PG argument against that plan going something like this: "It's unfair that a few HG pilots have a day all to themselves and hordes of PG pilots have to be there jammed in on their day".

My son tells me that even Roy Haggard now prefers paragliding because of its convenience and Roy insists that the collapse problem has been eliminated. Caution: I am repeating hearsay. My apologies, in advance, to Roy if this is untrue.

Sad :(

Frank
Frank Colver
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Craig Muhonen » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:06 pm

Call it, a little bit of Luck

1. 6th, 7th, & 8th grades, at parkway which was across from the Torrance Beach sand hill, and the best sailing.
2. High School 2 miles island, and the best sailing.
3. Aircraft and Sailing capital of the world.
4. Mentor Pilots and Engineers galore.
5 1965 to 1970 was a blurr.
6. 1970 to 1988, a revolution in recreational Hang Gliding.
7. 1989 to present, a revolution of a, Co-Opted, Different kind of,
sort/sport.

no turning left.png
no turning left.png (283.74 KiB) Viewed 1534 times

A New Kind Of Test Pilot/Engineer
1962 was the start of the, real-a-snake take over of the Torrance Beach
Take Off and LZ.
Two Hang Gliders arrested for flying the cliffs.

https://hghistory.org/hang-gliding-2/cronk-works/

===============================================================================================================================================

Bravo, To David

C:+o)
Craig Muhonen
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Chris McKeon » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:08 pm

You know I have been reading these Posts here on the Hawks Web-site. Well reading these posts has Me thinking of Flying. You see other than two Flights flying a Two seat Grobe Sailplane with an instructor in the Back-Seat. This has been the only Flying that I have done in the last eleven and a half years. Those two Sail-plane Flights were pretty cool. What Performance Sailplanes have. Anyways after My second flight My instructor were standing right next to that Grobe Sailplane. I noticed that Kevin had his Head down I said to Him "Keven get Your head up, stand straight up. THere is no reason feel down. WE had a good launch and a good a Good tow. I flew the entire flight I only needed a little help from you correcting that PIO while under Tow. I stuck the landing. So You should feel good about that flight, why the Heck Not. We did not Fly XC, I plan on Flying XC on My Third Sailplane Flight.
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:04 am

Craig Muhonen wrote:U$HPA has it's head up it's A**.
Heads_Up.jpg
Heads_Up.jpg (23.15 KiB) Viewed 1474 times

:srofl: :srofl: :srofl: :srofl: :srofl: :srofl: :srofl: :srofl: :srofl: :srofl: :srofl: :srofl:
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:25 pm

Frank Colver wrote:I continue to say that controlled flying sites (like POM and Torrey, etc.) should have alternate flying days for Hg & PG.

Hi Frank,

The answer is in your phrase "controlled flying sites". As long as flying at Torrey is controlled by a business, they will do whatever they can to keep the cash machine of PG tandem going all day every day.

Frank Colver wrote:My son tells me that even Roy Haggard now prefers paragliding ...

Is it any wonder? Have you checked out the recent advertisements on "The web's #1 hanggliding web site"?

PG_ads_on_hanggliding_org.png
PG_ads_on_hanggliding_org.png (119.66 KiB) Viewed 1451 times

Yup, paragliding advertising at the top of every page.

Rick Masters forgot to mention "hanggliding.org" in his famous quote:

People talk about the sport of hang gliding dying. It's not dying. It's being murdered. By the U$hPA.

Jack's "hanggliding.org" has become USHPA's version of the Soviet Union's "Pravda". It's become a place where USHPA mouthpieces like Mark Forbes can spew USHPA propaganda to the hang gliding masses without the inconvenient truths told by Scott Wise, Bob Kuczewski, or Joe Faust.

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the man comes
and takes you away.

We better stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look - what's going

We better stop
Hey, what's that sound?

We better stop
Now, what's that sound?

We better stop
Children, what's that sound?
Everybody look - what's going down?
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Craig Muhonen » Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:56 pm

Back to the 60's eh?
But here is reporting about co-opting Hang Gliding
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__l-pJOSdoo

An Paraglider type airplane, full of fuel, crashes into a bunch of people who were in a hot air balloon, almost killing everyone, but "nothing to see here". If a Hang Glider would have been the airplane, they would have done 15 minutes, with 25 photos &...
paramotor vs trike.png
paramotor vs trike.png (112.54 KiB) Viewed 1441 times

USHPA controlled media, by just another 5G "Non-Profit".

Or You Could Try Hang Gliding
We The People.png
We The People.png (1.27 MiB) Viewed 1441 times

Head Phones
Old School
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1drqDNRxcMk
Craig Muhonen
Contributor
Contributor

Next
Forum Statistics