Sign in, say "hi", ... and be welcomed.

Re: Banned of Brothers

Postby brianscharp » Tue May 12, 2015 9:17 am

bobk wrote:I think our forums would be much healthier if all forum operators would maintain their own public "banned" list. That would not only let people know what's going on, but it would give the operator a little more incentive to carefully consider the decision to ban someone. Right now it's too easy for a forum operator to get annoyed and just make a person disappear. This list is intended to make that decision a little more difficult.

The "banned" list could directly follow the forum rules list. Then supply a link that would show the incident where the specific forum rule was broken that justified the banning.
brianscharp
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Tue May 12, 2015 9:32 am

brianscharp wrote:The "banned" list could directly follow the forum rules list. Then supply a link that would show the incident where the specific forum rule was broken that justified the banning.

I think that's an excellent suggestion. The two should be tied together so that people can better understand both the rules and the list of banned people. I'm not a lawyer, but I think there are two "kinds" of laws: laws made by the legislature, and "case law" which is really the court's determination/interpretation of the legislature's laws. By linking the two, we can give people a better sense of what we're doing and why.

Thanks for a great suggestion Brian.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby wingspan33 » Tue May 12, 2015 11:07 am

brianscharp wrote: . . . Then supply a link that would show the incident where the specific forum rule was broken that justified the banning.

At times there simply is no justification, or legitimate "rule breaking" that took place. User name S C Wise was banned from the Oz Report Forum for reporting another user who HAD violated the site's rules. The violator (Billie Floyd) is still an active posting member - and the user who he attacked and defamed is banned. This seems that makes sense to Davis :crazy: Straub.
wingspan33
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:28 am

UPDATE: I just added Joe Faust to the list of people banned from hanggliding.org.

Joe was banned for letting people know about the U.S. Hang Gliding Rating System (USHGRS). The user with screen name "Doug Marley" hounded and attacked Joe until Jack Axoupolous banned ... Joe.

That's right. Read the topic and you'll find Doug Marley attacking and Joe Faust calmly responding, and yet Joe Faust was banned.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Previous
Forum Statistics