Noman Info Warrior

Missouri Hawks Hang Gliding Club

Re: Noman Info Warrior

Postby miguel » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:43 pm

I suppose when Al Qaeada, when they were in Iraq, placing IEDs and killing American soldiers, were working for the CIA/M6/Mossad.

Peoples' desire to be free of American/European domination in their countries' affairs counts for nothing.

More facts mixed in with spin to further someone's agenda. I have no idea what Alex's agenda is other that he does not like Obama. Honestly, I do not care.

I watched the last video in its entirety and was not impressed.

I did send off for the power secrets CD. It was all knowledge available on the net but I figured it was worth it to have it all on a cd without having to spend time searching for it.
User avatar
miguel
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:20 am

No Intent to Impress

Postby Free » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:57 am

miguel wrote: I watched the last video in its entirety and was not impressed.

The only impression intended was how lacking your normal information stream really is.
Human psychology makes this a tough endeavor. People become invested in the belief systems with which they have been programmed. All links are intended as a starting place for further enlightenment.

I suppose when Al Qaeada, when they were in Iraq, placing IEDs and killing American soldiers, were working for the CIA/M6/Mossad.

There was no Al-Qauada in Iraq when we started bombarding the country, (Shock and Awe) based on big fat lies.
It sure made good tv for the dumbed down masses, didn't it? Beer and pizza sales went through the roof.

Like being lied to? Are you and Ann Coulter even aware that we were lied into an unprovoked war that has killed over a million people after more than 500,000 thousand were killed in the previous 10 years of sanctions, most of them children?
Were you aware that 'Al Qaeada' started out as a CIA backed group in Afghanistan and we are backing them again in Syria in order to depose that government?


Peoples' desire to be free of American/European domination in their countries' affairs counts for nothing.

This is true statement of the views of neocons and a programmed/dumbed down populace that have their views shaped for them by the lame stream media.

More facts mixed in with spin to further someone's agenda. I have no idea what Alex's agenda is other that he does not like Obama.

If there is spin, it is to get the attention of highly misinformed people.
The agenda is truth. The agenda is to awaken the dumbed down masses to reality.
Many people are waking up. Some may never wake up.


http://personalliberty.com
Disinformation: How It Works
Aug. 7, 2012 •
There was a time, not too long ago (relatively speaking), that governments and the groups of elites that controlled them did not find it necessary to conscript themselves into wars of disinformation.

Propaganda was relatively straightforward. The lies were much simpler. The control of information flow was easily directed. Rules were enforced with the threat of property confiscation and execution for anyone who strayed from the rigid socio-political structure. Those who had theological, metaphysical or scientific information outside of the conventional and scripted collective world view were tortured and slaughtered. The elites kept the information to themselves, and removed its remnants from mainstream recognition, sometimes for centuries before it was rediscovered.

With the advent of anti-feudalism, and most importantly the success of the American Revolution, elitists were no longer able to dominate information with the edge of a blade or the barrel of a gun. The establishment of Republics, with their philosophy of open government and rule by the people, compelled Aristocratic minorities to plot more subtle ways of obstructing the truth and thus maintaining their hold over the world without exposing themselves to retribution from the masses. Thus, the complex art of disinformation was born.

The technique, the “magic” of the lie, was refined and perfected. The mechanics of the human mind and the human soul became an endless obsession for the establishment.

The goal was malicious, but socially radical; instead of expending the impossible energy needed to dictate the very form and existence of the truth, they would allow it to drift, obscured in a fog of contrived data. They would wrap the truth in a Gordian Knot of misdirection and fabrication so elaborate that they felt certain the majority of people would surrender, giving up long before they ever finished unraveling the deceit. The goal was not to destroy the truth, but to hide it in plain sight.

In modern times, and with carefully engineered methods, this goal has for the most part been accomplished. However, these methods also have inherent weaknesses. Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly.

In this article, we will examine the methods used to fertilize and promote the growth of disinformation, as well as how to identify the roots of disinformation and effectively cut them, starving out the entire system of fallacies once and for all.

Media Disinformation Methods
The mainstream media, once tasked with the job of investigating government corruption and keeping elitists in line, has now become nothing more than a public relations firm for corrupt officials and their Globalist handlers. The days of the legitimate “investigative reporter” are long gone (if they ever existed at all), and journalism itself has deteriorated into a rancid pool of so called “TV Editorialists” who treat their own baseless opinions as supported fact.

The elitist co-opting of news has been going on in one form or another since the invention of the printing press. However, the first methods of media disinformation truly came to fruition under the supervision of newspaper magnate William Randolph Hearst, who believed the truth was “subjective” and open to his personal interpretation.

Some of the main tactics used by the mainstream media to mislead the masses are as follows:

Lie Big, Retract Quietly: Mainstream media sources (especially newspapers) are notorious for reporting flagrantly dishonest and unsupported news stories on the front page, then quietly retracting those stories on the very back page when they are caught. In this case, the point is to railroad the lie into the collective consciousness. Once the lie is finally exposed, it is already too late, and a large portion of the population will not notice or care when the truth comes out.

Unconfirmed Or Controlled Sources As Fact: Cable news venues often cite information from “unnamed” sources, government sources that have an obvious bias or agenda, or “expert” sources without providing an alternative “expert” view. The information provided by these sources is usually backed by nothing more than blind faith.

Calculated Omission: Otherwise known as “cherry picking” data. One simple piece of information or root item of truth can derail an entire disinfo news story, so instead of trying to gloss over it, they simply pretend as if it doesn’t exist. When the fact is omitted, the lie can appear entirely rational. This tactic is also used extensively when disinformation agents and crooked journalists engage in open debate.

Distraction, And The Manufacture Of Relevance: Sometimes the truth wells up into the public awareness regardless of what the media does to bury it. When this occurs their only recourse is to attempt to change the public’s focus and thereby distract them from the truth they were so close to grasping. The media accomplishes this by “over-reporting” on a subject that has nothing to do with the more important issues at hand. Ironically, the media can take an unimportant story, and by reporting on it ad nauseum, cause many Americans to assume that because the media won’t shut-up about it, it must be important!

Dishonest Debate Tactics: Sometimes, men who actually are concerned with the average American’s pursuit of honesty and legitimate fact-driven information break through and appear on T.V. However, rarely are they allowed to share their views or insights without having to fight through a wall of carefully crafted deceit and propaganda. Because the media know they will lose credibility if they do not allow guests with opposing viewpoints every once in a while, they set up and choreograph specialized T.V. debates in highly restrictive environments which put the guest on the defensive, and make it difficult for them to clearly convey their ideas or facts.

TV pundits are often trained in what are commonly called “Alinsky Tactics.” Saul Alinsky was a moral relativist, and champion of the lie as a tool for the “greater good”; essentially, a modern day Machiavelli. His “Rules for Radicals” were supposedly meant for grassroots activists who opposed the establishment and emphasized the use of any means necessary to defeat one’s political opposition. But is it truly possible to defeat an establishment built on lies, by use of even more elaborate lies, and by sacrificing one’s ethics? In reality, his strategies are the perfect format for corrupt institutions and governments to dissuade dissent from the masses. Today, Alinsky’s rules are used more often by the establishment than by its opposition.

Alinsky’s Strategy: Win At Any Cost, Even If You Have To Lie
Alinsky’s tactics have been adopted by governments and disinformation specialists across the world, but they are most visible in TV debate. While Alinsky sermonized about the need for confrontation in society, his debate tactics are actually designed to circumvent real and honest confrontation of opposing ideas with slippery tricks and diversions. Alinsky’s tactics, and their modern usage, can be summarized as follows:

1) Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.

We see this tactic in many forms. For example, projecting your own movement as mainstream, and your opponent’s as fringe. Convincing your opponent that his fight is a futile one. Your opposition may act differently, or even hesitate to act at all, based on their perception of your power. How often have we heard this line: “The government has predator drones. There is nothing the people can do now…” This is a projection of exaggerated invincibility designed to elicit apathy from the masses.

2) Never go outside the experience of your people, and whenever possible, go outside of the experience of the enemy.

Don’t get drawn into a debate about a subject you do not know as well as or better than your opposition. If possible, draw them into such a situation instead. Go off on tangents. Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty in your opposition. This is commonly used against unwitting interviewees on cable news shows whose positions are set up to be skewered. The target is blind-sided by seemingly irrelevant arguments that they are then forced to address. In television and radio, this also serves to waste broadcast time to prevent the target from expressing his own position.

3) Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules.

The objective is to target the opponent’s credibility and reputation by accusations of hypocrisy. If the tactician can catch his opponent in even the smallest misstep, it creates an opening for further attacks, and distracts away from the broader moral question.

4) Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.

“Ron Paul is a crackpot.” “Gold bugs are crazy.” “Constitutionalists are fringe extremists.” Baseless ridicule is almost impossible to counter because it is meant to be irrational. It infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage. It also works as a pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.

5) A good tactic is one that your people enjoy.

The popularization of the term “Teabaggers” is a classic example; it caught on by itself because people seem to think it’s clever, and enjoy saying it. Keeping your talking points simple and fun helps your side stay motivated, and helps your tactics spread autonomously, without instruction or encouragement.

6) A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.

See rule No. 5. Don’t become old news. If you keep your tactics fresh, it’s easier to keep your people active. Not all disinformation agents are paid. The “useful idiots” have to be motivated by other means. Mainstream disinformation often changes gear from one method to the next and then back again.

7) Keep the pressure on with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose.

Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new. Never give the target a chance to rest, regroup, recover or re-strategize. Take advantage of current events and twist their implications to support your position. Never let a good crisis go to waste.

8) The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.

This goes hand in hand with Rule No. 1. Perception is reality. Allow your opposition to expend all of its energy in expectation of an insurmountable scenario. The dire possibilities can easily poison the mind and result in demoralization.

9) The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition.

The objective of this pressure is to force the opposition to react and make the mistakes that are necessary for the ultimate success of the campaign.

10) If you push a negative hard and deep enough, it will break through into its counterside.

As grassroots activism tools, Alinsky tactics have historically been used (for example, by labor movements or covert operations specialists) to force the opposition to react with violence against activists, which leads to popular sympathy for the activists’ cause. Today, false (or co-opted) grassroots movements and revolutions use this technique in debate as well as in planned street actions and rebellions (look at Syria for a recent example).

11) The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.

Never let the enemy score points because you’re caught without a solution to the problem. Today, this is often used offensively against legitimate activists, such as the opponents of the Federal Reserve. Complain that your opponent is merely “pointing out the problems.” Demand that they offer not just “a solution”, but THE solution. Obviously, no one person has “the” solution. When he fails to produce the miracle you requested, dismiss his entire argument and all the facts he has presented as pointless.

12) Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it and polarize it.

Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. The target’s supporters will expose themselves. Go after individual people, not organizations or institutions. People hurt faster than institutions.

The next time you view an MSM debate, watch the pundits carefully, you will likely see many if not all of the strategies above used on some unsuspecting individual attempting to tell the truth.

Internet Disinformation Methods
Internet trolls, also known as “paid posters” or “paid bloggers,” are increasingly and openly being employed by private corporations as well governments, often for marketing purposes and for “public relations” (Obama is notorious for this practice). Internet “trolling” is indeed a fast growing industry.

Trolls use a wide variety of strategies, some of which are unique to the internet, here are just a few:

1.Make outrageous comments designed to distract or frustrate: An Alinsky tactic used to make people emotional, although less effective because of the impersonal nature of the Web.
2.Pose as a supporter of the truth, then make comments that discredit the movement: We have seen this even on our own forums — trolls pose as supporters of the Liberty Movement, then post long, incoherent diatribes so as to appear either racist or insane. The key to this tactic is to make references to common Liberty Movement arguments while at the same time babbling nonsense, so as to make those otherwise valid arguments seem ludicrous by association. In extreme cases, these “Trojan Horse Trolls” have been known to make posts which incite violence — a technique obviously intended to solidify the false assertions of the think tank propagandists like the SPLC, which purports that Constitutionalists should be feared as potential domestic terrorists.
3.Dominate Discussions: Trolls often interject themselves into productive Web discussions in order to throw them off course and frustrate the people involved.
4.Prewritten Responses: Many trolls are supplied with a list or database with pre-planned talking points designed as generalized and deceptive responses to honest arguments. When they post, their words feel strangely plastic and well rehearsed.
5.False Association: This works hand in hand with item No. 2, by invoking the stereotypes established by the “Trojan Horse Troll.” For example: calling those against the Federal Reserve “conspiracy theorists” or “lunatics”; deliberately associating anti-globalist movements with racists and homegrown terrorists, because of the inherent negative connotations; and using false associations to provoke biases and dissuade people from examining the evidence objectively.
6.False Moderation: Pretending to be the “voice of reason” in an argument with obvious and defined sides in an attempt to move people away from what is clearly true into a “grey area” where the truth becomes “relative.”
7.Straw Man Arguments: A very common technique. The troll will accuse his opposition of subscribing to a certain point of view, even if he does not, and then attacks that point of view. Or, the troll will put words in the mouth of his opposition, and then rebut those specific words.
Sometimes, these strategies are used by average people with serious personality issues. However, if you see someone using these tactics often, or using many of them at the same time, you may be dealing with a paid internet troll.

Stopping Disinformation
The best way to disarm disinformation agents is to know their methods inside and out. This gives us the ability to point out exactly what they are doing in detail the moment they try to do it. Immediately exposing a disinformation tactic as it is being used is highly destructive to the person utilizing it. It makes them look foolish, dishonest and weak for even making the attempt. Internet trolls most especially do not know how to handle their methods being deconstructed right in front of their eyes and usually fold and run from debate when it occurs.

The truth is precious. It is sad that there are so many in our society who have lost respect for it; people who have traded in their conscience and their soul for temporary financial comfort while sacrificing the stability and balance of the rest of the country in the process.

The human psyche breathes on the air of truth. Without it, humanity cannot survive. Without it, the species will collapse, starving from lack of intellectual and emotional sustenance.

Disinformation does not only threaten our insight into the workings of our world; it makes us vulnerable to fear, misunderstanding, and doubt: all things that lead to destruction. It can drive good people to commit terrible atrocities against others, or even against themselves. Without a concerted and organized effort to diffuse mass-produced lies, the future will look bleak indeed.

–Brandon Smith
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ReferencesOriginal URL:
http://personalliberty.com/2012/08/07/disinformation-how-it-works/
User avatar
Free
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 773
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:47 pm

CFR Strategist Praises Al-Qaeda Bombings In Syria

Postby Free » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:48 pm

- Infowars - http://www.infowars.com -

CFR Strategist Praises Al-Qaeda Bombings In Syria

Winston, we were never at war with Eurasia!

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Senior Council on Foreign Relations fellow Ed Husain has hailed the presence of Al-Qaeda terrorists in Syria, praising their fighting prowess in aid of FSA rebels while also lauding the increasing number of successful bombings carried out by Al-Qaeda fighters.


In case you didn’t get the memo – Al-Qaeda – the same group the United States accuses of carrying out the most devastating terrorist attack on U.S. soil in history, is now our ally in Syria.

Terrorist attacks carried out by Al-Qaeda in Syria are inherently moral and good. Down is the new up.

Winston, we were never at war with Eurasia!

“The Syrian rebels would be immeasurably weaker today without al-Qaeda in their ranks. By and large, Free Syrian Army (FSA) battalions are tired, divided, chaotic, and ineffective. Feeling abandoned by the West, rebel forces are increasingly demoralized as they square off with the Assad regime’s superior weaponry and professional army,” writes Husain, a Senior Fellow for Middle Eastern Studies with the CFR.

“Al-Qaeda fighters, however, may help improve morale. The influx of jihadis brings discipline, religious fervor, battle experience from Iraq, funding from Sunni sympathizers in the Gulf, and most importantly, deadly results. In short, the FSA needs al-Qaeda now,” he adds.
The Council on Foreign Relations is considered to be America’s “most influential foreign-policy think tank” and has deep connections with the U.S. State Department. In 2009, Hillary Clinton welcomed the fact that the CFR had set up an outpost down the street from the State Department in Washington DC, because it meant “I won’t have as far to go to be told what we should be doing.”

Husain goes on to celebrate the fact that Al-Qaeda’s role in carrying out terrorist bombings in cities like Damascus and Aleppo has intensified, writing that “The group’s strength and acceptance by the FSA are demonstrated by their increasing activity on the ground –from seven attacks in March to sixty-six “operations” in June.”

His fervor for Al-Qaeda terrorist attacks – which have included targets such as schools and TV stations - is matched by the Obama administration as well as Ambassador Susan Rice, who have applauded terror bombings as a useful tool in destabilizing Bashar Assad’s government.

However, by the end of his article Husain is using the presence of Al-Qaeda fighters in Syria - put there with the aid of NATO powers - as another reason for military intervention in Syria.

“The planning to minimize al-Qaeda’s likely hold over Syrian tribes and fighters must begin now as the Obama administration ramps up its support to rebel groups,” he writes.

Husain strikes a similar tone to a recent report published by the RAND Corporation which also cites the presence of Al-Qaeda fighters in Syria as justification to “Conduct a covert campaign against al Qaeda and other extremist groups gaining a presence in the country.”

As the London Guardian has documented (in glowing terms), far from there being a distinction between the FSA rebels and Al-Qaeda terrorists, the Al-Qaeda fighters, along with hordes of foreign fighters including many veterans of NATO’s previous act of regime change in Libya, are now commanding the rebels.

“We have clear instructions from our [al-Qaida] leadership that if the FSA need our help we should give it. We help them with IEDs and car bombs. Our main talent is in the bombing operations,” said former FSA rebel turned Al-Qaeda commander Abu Khuder, adding that Al-Qaeda fighters meet “every day” with Syrian rebels.

In addition, rebel fighters are routinely photographed wearing the Al-Qaeda motif. There are also innumerable You Tube videos that show opposition forces flying the Al-Qaeda flag.

It’s astounding to witness the mainstream media and the establishment now admitting what for months they denied – that Al-Qaeda is not only present in Syria but actually leading the uprising against the Syrian government.

It’s also jaw-dropping to witness the lashings of praise being heaped upon Al-Qaeda for their efforts in carrying out terrorist attacks to precipitate a NATO-backed regime change, while those very same people simultaneously cite Al-Qaeda’s presence as a justification for U.S. and NATO military involvement in Syria.

*********************

Paul Joseph Watson is the editor and writer for Prison Planet.com. He is the author of Order Out Of Chaos. Watson is also a regular fill-in host for The Alex Jones Show and Infowars Nightly News.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article printed from Infowars: http://www.infowars.com

URL to article: http://www.infowars.com/cfr-strategist- ... -in-syria/

User avatar
Free
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 773
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:47 pm

Re: Noman Info Warrior

Postby miguel » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:30 pm

Free wrote:
miguel wrote: I watched the last video in its entirety and was not impressed.


The only impression intended was how lacking your normal information stream really is.
Human psychology makes this a tough endeavor. People become invested in the belief systems with which they have been programmed. All links are intended as a starting place for further enlightenment.


There were no facts in that video that I was not aware of. What saddened me were the reasons and conclusions that the hosts provided. The hosts reminded me of these guys:
Image

miguel wrote:I suppose when Al Qaeada, when they were in Iraq, placing IEDs and killing American soldiers, were working for the CIA/M6/Mossad.


Free wrote:There was no Al-Qauada in Iraq when we started bombarding the country, (Shock and Awe) based on big fat lies.
It sure made good tv for the dumbed down masses, didn't it? Beer and pizza sales went through the roof


Smooth deflection on the above quote!
No Al Qaeada in Iraq before the first gulf war?
That is debateable.


Free wrote:Like being lied to? Are you and Ann Coulter even aware that we were lied into an unprovoked war that has killed over a million people after more than 500,000 thousand were killed in the previous 10 years of sanctions, most of them children?
Were you aware that 'Al Qaeada' started out as a CIA backed group in Afghanistan and we are backing them again in Syria in order to depose that government?


Truth mixed in with lies to further someone’s agenda.

First of all, your boy Alex is on the same page as Ann. I like reading Ann as she is very skillful in weaving truth into lies. Her comment section is filled with gullible fish who have swallowed the hook, line and sinker.

Al Qaeda did not start out as a CIA/Mossad/M6 backed group. They were already in Afghanistan along with bin Laden and the rest of the so called ‘freedom fighters’ fighting the ‘infidel’ Russians.

Remember how the media provided the heroic photos of the freedom fighters? Remember the guy who shot down the Hind helicopter directly overhead and perished in the flames of the rocket?

The west supplied them with food, money, and weapons.

Remember the mayhem the country descended into after the Russians left. Where was the CIA/Mossad/M6 control during this descent?
What happened to Al Qaeada during the descent?


Al Qaeda was in the former Yugoslavia along with freebooters, skinheads and many assorted foreign crazies. What does that prove?


Al Qaeada is in Syria. Woop de doo. They may be getting money and support from CIA/Mossad/M6. Another big woop. Think they will be so grateful that they will invite the west in to exploit the country for joint gain? Think the Muslim Brotherhood will torture folks for the CIA again in Egypt? Think Al Qaeada will deliver hearts and minds to the west in Libya?

Just like gunboat diplomacy is passe, the creation and propping up of surrogate subservient governments by powerful nations is also becoming passe.

Has Alex informed you about the Chinese version of hearts and minds? Seems to be working wherever the try it. I bet the Chinese will be the ones to haul the mineral wealth out of Afghanistan .



Peoples' desire to be free of American/European domination in their countries' affairs counts for nothing.


Free wrote:This is true statement of the views of neocons and a programmed/dumbed down populace that have their views shaped for them by the lame stream media.


Sorry, but this is a reality. This fact is spun many different ways for many different agendas. [/quote]

More facts mixed in with spin to further someone's agenda. I have no idea what Alex's agenda is other that he does not like Obama.

Free wrote:If there is spin, it is to get the attention of highly misinformed people.
The agenda is truth. The agenda is to awaken the dumbed down masses to reality.
Many people are waking up. Some may never wake up.


Whatever.

One of the beauties of America is that we have a choice of medias to get our news from. We also have the choice of being led around by the nose if we so desire.
User avatar
miguel
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:20 am

Whatever

Postby Free » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:34 pm

miguel wrote: No Al Qaeada in Iraq before the first gulf war?
That is debateable.

Actually, that debate has pretty much been settled for some time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saddam_Hussein_and_al-Qaeda_link_allegations

You are starting out with a false reality based on false information/programming.
Garbage in, garbage out. I am not impressed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_invasion_of_Iraq_media_coverage

The sad part of any discussion/mindsets for continued endless wars and the loss of life, rights, freedom and prosperity that go along with all that is that you may be one of the better informed 'opinionators' .
User avatar
Free
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 773
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:47 pm

Re: Noman Info Warrior

Postby miguel » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:08 am

Conspiracies everywhere.

Nowhere did I state that Al Qaeda and Sadam were conspiring to do whatever.
I said Al Qaeda was probably in Iraq during Sadam's rule. They have operatives everywhere.
No conspiracies.

Image

Let's stop clogging the board with this stuff.

Hit me with a PM if you want more.
User avatar
miguel
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:20 am

More misinformed opinions and rationalizations?

Postby Free » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:53 am

miguel wrote: Image

Let's stop clogging the board with this stuff.

Hit me with a PM if you want more.


More misinformed opinions and rationalizations? Spare me..
You crawled into the rabbit hole not realizing the matrix and that is still probably the case.
All of us are misinformed, lied to, programmed and brainwashed.
Some break out of the lies and some rationalize to compensate their cognitive dissonance.

Cynicism is Intellectual Cowardice … a Cop-Out to Rationalize Fear and Laziness

Washington’s Blog
Aug 16, 2012

Preface: Obviously, giving up cynicism and getting active doesn’t mean adopting phony hopium. It means abandoning both fear and laziness – on the one hand – and false hope on the other.


In other words, question authority and be cynical of those in power. But don’t be cynical of the desirability – and necessity – of acting to challenge the destructive or criminal acts of those in power.


We have overwhelming numbers (and see this). If we worked together we would win.

Why aren’t we?

A large reason that we are failing is that people are copping out … by adopting a cynical attitude.

Many of us pretend that we are too smart to think anything can change. Too smart to get emotionally involved in the destruction of our prosperity or our liberties.

“Cynicism is nothing but intellectual cowardice”.
- Henry Rollins

“Cynicism is not realistic and tough. It’s unrealistic and kind of cowardly because it means you don’t have to try.”
- Peggy Noonan

“A cynic is a coward …. Cynicism always takes the easy way out. It is a form of laziness that provides someone with an excuse for not making any attempt to change the world …. Cynicism is a way to hide …. Cynics are afraid …. So, instead, they pass judgment on anyone who is trying to make a difference. They ridicule the efforts of individuals and organizations that are working hard under incredibly difficult circumstances …. Being cynical is often thought of as being composed and detached. It is considered to be a sign of sophistication. Cynics are mistakenly given credit for possessing a deep awareness regarding the limits of what humans can accomplish which is somehow lacking in those who spend their time in passionate efforts to change the world …. Being filled with cynicism is indeed a cowardly and sad way to go through life. ”
- Michael Crawley

We’ve previously noted:

The ironic thing is that if all of the people who think of themselves as cynics or skeptics made noise, things would instantly change for the better. In other words, the millions upon millions of cynics/skeptics/self-described “realists” aren’t raising a ruckus against the fraud being committed by the giant banks, the corruption of our political system, or the lawlessness and imperial arrogance of our military-industrial complex because they think things can’t change.

But by staying silent, they are actually creating the conditions in which nothing can change.

If the millions of cynics woke up to the fact that they are a huge group – especially when combined with the people who are already actively working for the restoration of a democratic republic, justice, and the rule of law – they would suddenly realize that collectively we can change things in a heart beat.

***

Skepticism, cynicism and “realism” is an act of fear, of cowardice, of apathy. Because if the skeptics just got off their backsides and made some noise, things would change.

The Real Hero Fights Without Knowing Whether Or Not He’ll Succeed
The optimist – whether a person of faith or plain old positive temperament – is sure that he’ll succeed.

The pessimist – i.e. the cynic – is sure he’ll fail. Indeed, the powers-that-be try to instill pessimism (seenumber 2) so that we won’t try.

But the truth is that we never know in advance whether we’ll win or not.

We’ve previously noted:

How do we know if what we’re doing will really have an effect or not? How do we know if we are being called upon to struggle in order to succeed in changing things for the better … or for the heck of it?

***

We are called upon as part of our core purpose to struggle to try to make the world a better place. But we are not privy to fruits of our actions. We are not granted a view of the future … we will never know how many people we will help, and how we will change the course of history.

We are called upon to struggle, but we can never know the end result of our efforts … that is not for us mere mortals to know.

Chris Hedges – the Pulitizer-prize winning reporter who challenged the indefinite detention law and amazingly succeeded against all odds in having a judge strike down that law, saying:

None of us thought we would win.

Another judge – amazingly – halted all nuclear construction and licenses until disposal risks are addressed.

They didn’t know until they tried whether or not they could win.

And – even if we lose the immediate battle – we will help win a long-term war. Specifically – as bad as things are (and yes, we know things are getting worse) – they would be much worse if millions of people worldwide hadn’t struggled.

As Hedges writes:

The battles that must be fought may never be won in our lifetime. And there will always be new battles to define our struggle. Resistance to tyranny and evil is never ending.

So how can we fight not knowing whether we’ll succeed?

F. Scott Fitzgerald wrote:

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. One should, for example, be able to see that things are hopeless and yet be determined to make them otherwise.

Hellen Keller pointed out:

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.

And Czech leader Vaclav Havel said:

Hope is not the conviction that something will turn out well, but the certainty that something makes sense regardless of how it turns out.

Go Viral … It’s Contagious
Courage is contagious (and as scared as we may be of the powers-that-be, they’re terrified of us as well.)

So is the ability to think.

As we’ve previously noted:

[Studies show ] that even one dissenting voice can give people permission to think for themselves. Specifically:

Solomon Asch, with experiments originally carried out in the 1950s and well-replicated since, highlighted a phenomenon now known as “conformity”. In the classic experiment, a subject sees a puzzle like the one in the nearby diagram: Which of the lines A, B, and C is the same size as the line X? Take a moment to determine your own answer…The gotcha is that the subject is seated alongside a number of other people looking at the diagram – seemingly other subjects, actually confederates of the experimenter. The other “subjects” in the experiment, one after the other, say that line C seems to be the same size as X. The real subject is seated next-to-last. How many people, placed in this situation, would say “C” – giving an obviously incorrect answer that agrees with the unanimous answer of the other subjects? What do you think the percentage would be?

Three-quarters of the subjects in Asch’s experiment gave a “conforming” answer at least once. A third of the subjects conformed more than half the time.

Get it so far? People tend to defer to what the herd thinks.

But here’s the good news:

Adding a single dissenter – just one other person who gives the correct answer, or even an incorrect answer that’s different from the group’s incorrect answer – reduces conformity very sharply, down to 5-10%.

Why is this important? Well, it means that one person who publicly speaks the truth can sway a group of people away from group-think.

If a group of people is leaning towards believing the government’s version of events, a single person who speaks the truth can help snap the group out of its trance.

There is an important point here regarding the web, as well. The above-cited article states that:

When subjects can respond in a way that will not be seen by the group, conformity also drops.What does that mean? Well, on the web, many people post anonymously. The anonymity gives people permission to “respond in a way that will not be seen by the group”. But most Americans still don’t get their news from the web, or only go to mainstream corporate news sites.

Away from the keyboard, we are not very anonymous. So that is where the conformity dynamic — and the need for courageous dissent — is vital. It is doubly important that we apply the same hard-hitting truthtelling we do on the Internet in our face-to-face interactions; because it is there that dissent is urgently needed.

Bottom line: Each person‘s voice has the power to snap entire groups out of their coma of irrational group-think. So go forth and be a light of rationality and truth among the sleeping masses.

And a recent study shows that when only 10% of a population have strongly-held beliefs, their belief will often be adopted by the majority of the society.

This is true of soldiers as well as civilians. Indeed, if the soldiers, sailors, seals, flyboys, intel operatives and law enforcement officers wake up to what is really happening, things would change overnight.

Some historical quotes may be helpful in illustrating the importance of struggling to make things better …

It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current that can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance.
- Robert F . Kennedy

We must never despair; our situation has been compromising before; and it changed for the better; so I trust it will again. If difficulties arise; we must put forth new exertion and proportion our efforts to the exigencies of the times.
- George Washington

There is no act too small, no act too bold. The history of social change is the history of millions of actions, small and large, coming together at points in history and creating a power that governments cannot suppress.
- Howard Zinn

If you don’t like the news, go out and make some news of your own.
- Scoop Nisker

To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.
- Bruce Lee

Similar/Related Articles


1.A Paradigm Shift in America’s Intellectual Community
2.Charlie Sheen versus the Cult of Cowardice
3.Has America Been Crippled By Intellectual Idiots?
4.Intellectual Espionage: A Century of Declining Literacy
5.Gene Patenting Causes People to Be Company-Owned Intellectual Property
6.Pseudo-Intellectual Hit Piece Emblematic Of Crumbling Elitist Media
7.The downfall of science and the rise of intellectual tyranny
8.Top Heavy Metal band Fear Factory produce 9/11-themed track “Controlled Demolition”
9.President Obama Is Selling Fear And War To Win Re-Election in 2012
10.Besides Ron Paul, GOP candidates have nothing left to peddle but fear
11.Keith Olbermann’s phony outrage mixes with Mark Potak’s fear-mongering for a perfect storm of MSNBC propaganda
12.Fear of Terror Makes People Stupid



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article printed from Infowars: http://www.infowars.com

URL to article: http://www.infowars.com/cynicism-is-intellectual-cowardice-a-cop-out-to-rationalize-fear-and-laziness/
User avatar
Free
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 773
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:47 pm

Previous

Return to Mo Hawks Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron