A collection of Videos about Hang Gliding

Re: Show-boating

Postby wingspan33 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:16 pm

Rick,

There's some kind of problem with the first link. Messages says - URL signature expired
wingspan33
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Rick Masters » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:24 pm

It's on Wolfgang's Facebook page. Maybe he'll send you an invite.
Rick Masters
Contributor
Contributor

Postby wingspan33 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:56 am

Rick,

Since the link doesn't work, and there are many many links to connect to on Wolfgang's Facebook page, I have no idea which of them represents the "show-boating" link.

I'd love to watch the vid, but . . . :wtf:
wingspan33
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:55 pm

wingspan33 wrote:Since the link doesn't work, and there are many many links to connect to on Wolfgang's Facebook page, I have no idea which of them represents the "show-boating" link.

I'd love to watch the vid, but . . . :wtf:

Facebook, U$HPA, and the Oz Forum: Members Only - All others keep out!!

Forcing people to join in order to even read what's there seems contrary to the purpose of the World Wide Web. But those with enough clout can get away with making their own rules.

The breakup of the AT&T telephone monopoly has yet to be repeated in many other areas.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Rick Masters » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:02 pm

It's the third video on Becca's site.
https://www.facebook.com/respecca
Maybe I should of linked from "Paragliders can't do this."
Talk about energy retention and confidence! And skill.
Rick Masters
Contributor
Contributor

Postby wingspan33 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:25 am

Rick,

The third video down is about an (odd :shock: ) white vulture(?) landing on a child passenger's arm while flying in a collapsible canopy. Cool video, but is that the one you meant for us to view?
wingspan33
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Rick Masters » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:03 pm

March 22 by Wolfgang Siess
https://www.facebook.com/respecca
Rick Masters
Contributor
Contributor

Postby wingspan33 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:30 pm

Rick,

Sorry for my inability to find the video. I'm not a Face Book member and have only now found out that the FB member page you linked to is not the same when viewed by a non-member (i.e., me). I checked things out on a friend's computer who IS a FB member and low and behold, I was able to find the video you referenced. (Show Boating INDEED!)

I figured that if a FB member's page was "public" then anybody could see its full content. But that seems not to be the case. Non members may only have partial - but not full - access to content.
wingspan33
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:06 pm

wingspan33 wrote:I figured that if a FB member's page was "public" then anybody could see its full content. But that seems not to be the case. Non members may only have partial - but not full - access to content.

Hmmmm....

Why would an average Facebook member want to post something that would be viewable to all other Facebook members in the world, and yet NOT viewable by non-Facebook members? What would be their motive?

I can understand someone wanting to post for their friends only - regardless of Facebook membership. But I'll bet it's very very rare for an average Facebook member to want to post something viewable to all the millions of Facebook members and not to non-Facebook members.

Who would have a motive to use such a protection scheme?        . . .      Facebook?
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Next
Forum Statistics