A collection of Videos about Hang Gliding

Little Hawk in Classroom: Neil Larson and Bob Kuczewski

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:20 am

Earlier this year, Neil Larson and Bob Kuczewski set up the Little Hawk glider in a Florida classroom:

Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Little Hawk in Classroom: Neil Larson and Bob Kuczewski

Postby Craig Muhonen » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:37 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dXZ352ErX_s

The inspiration that was imparted on these kids faces during the "little hawk" demonstration and the "walking glider" is priceless. Even though these kids may not go on to be glider pilots, the point is that "some one" took enough interest to make time for these kids. Thank you Bob. And thank everyone who take a bit of time away from the "adult" things. I think that "Little Hawk" has a bright future, some where over the rainbow.

Is there any way that a glider could be attached to a trailer, and cameras set up, in such a way to give kids a "thrill ride" with a video to take home to their families? They could say "a US HAWKS" team came to our school, and showed us their hang gliders, and some of us became honorary members".
My 12 year old grandson cannot wait to be an "air cadet" with the civil air patrol, because we took the time to show him about how aircraft work. And when we fly out hang glider kites, he gets a feeling that he is "on" his kite. He understands what makes it fly.

Call me crazy
Sometimes you gotta' push the stick forward while you're lookn' at the ground
Craig Muhonen
Contributor
Contributor

Forum Statistics