Personal Journals about Hang Gliding

Removed Posts

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Thu May 02, 2013 6:12 pm

This topic is for all posts that a blogger wishes to have removed from their blogs.

Placement of posts in this topic does not imply any judgement on the content of these posts. It simply means that the person who started the blog wished to have these posts removed from their blog.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Re: The Watchful Eye''s Above

Postby Free » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:18 pm

eagle wrote:Ya Apparently Needed
Just To Keep You Skullys in Check
~ We Will be Everywhere ~

You know that this is satanic, right?

:shock: :?:
Free
Contributor
Contributor

Re: The Watchful Eye''s Above

Postby eagle » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:34 pm

Free wrote:
eagle wrote:Ya Apparently Needed
Just To Keep You Skullys in Check

You know that this is satanic, right?

:shock: :?:

Whats Satanic is a matter of perception ...

~ So go ahead and tell me what it take to stand up to the " Torrey Pines Gliderport Gang " ~

Maybe a bible and some holly water ...

((( From what l've Seen )))
Our leaders & the law are a Joke. What Law
They haven't done a thing about it for several years and in My opinion are well corrupted
eagle
Contributor
Contributor

Re: the Eagle

Postby Free » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:37 pm

Free
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Blog: Easy Riser repair project

Postby Rick Masters » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:13 am

timdom
http://www.hanggliding.org/viewtopic.php?t=34440&sid=cfd12334352f16d4dc61896e6c85fc7a
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:06 am Post subject: Dog Mountain crash report Sunday June 5, 2:00pm (John was no Reply with quote #1
Glider was an Easy Riser I believe the pilots name is John from Oregon.
The wind conditions where south west – south around 12 to 15 miles.
The south component at Dog does create a bit of a hole at takeoff. Strong south not good.
This was John’s first flight at Dog in the Easy Riser. He was not with any local Hang Glider pilots.
With the south wind component I believe we would have discouraged him from taking off even though the condition where pretty good. But not perfect for a test flight of an older wing.

I did not see the failed launch as I arrived to find him in the top of a dead tree just to the right of takeoff.
John was fine and trying to get his glider out of the tree. The glider was surprisingly not too damaged.

Deciding not to fly, I offered my services as the driver so I had flip flops on and was unable to help John and the guys as much as I would have liked. I felt really bad, but with the help of other pilots we were able to get John and his gear back up the hill.

A para pilot witnessed the launch and I listened in on what he told John. I later spoke to John about what he believe went wrong.

Here is what I can relate. John had a good launch as he was coming out of the hole created by the south wind over the trees left of launch. The glider turned to the left as John successfully got one leg in the cage which moves his weight back. While trying to get his other leg into the cage he stated that he made the correction to the left turn by adding right rudder. The para pilot stated that the glider turned left as he was coming up out of the hole turned high bank to the right and crash. I asked John if he feels like he stalled the glider at the same time as the right rudder correction which would have resulted in a sharp break to the right. John stated that he had plenty of air speed which made the rudder respond more quickly causing the sharp right turn.

Lessons learned
Don’t wear flip flops!

P.S. sorry if his name is not John?
[/img]
Rick Masters
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Blog: Easy Riser repair project

Postby jcoyier » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:35 am

Bob K.,
I would recommend that you remove this post (no offense intended Tim) since I (the pilot) give a first hand account of all the details of what happened here in my more relevant blog post titled "Learning To Fly The Easy Riser". I'd like to keep this title directed only at the build aspects of the Easy Riser glider.
John
jcoyier
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Basic trainer design for beginning HG flight.

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:51 pm

Frank Colver wrote:BTW - Bob, it took me five tries to get logged into this forum just now.

And what does that have to do with the topic of this Blog?

I can move your last sentence and this reply to the removed posts section if you like. Otherwise you're doing exactly what you didn't like in the other topic. If you make the rules you must also follow them. Fair enough?
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Basic trainer design for beginning HG flight.

Postby Frank Colver » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:22 pm

Yes, please remove that sentence, it's off topic.

Frank
Frank Colver
Contributor
Contributor

Forum Statistics