Personal Journals about Hang Gliding

The big advantage of paragliders over hang gliders!

Postby Frank Colver » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:02 am

The big advantage that paragliders have is that they can be easily bundled and placed in a car trunk. In fact, they are so easily bundled that they will sometimes bundle themselves, while still in the air, so that the canopy is ready to be placed in the pilot's car trunk before the pilot has even contacted the ground.

This feature of paragliders is known as "AUTOBUNDLING". It is such a universal feature that the purchaser of a paraglider is not even charged extra for "AUTOBUNDLING", it comes as a standard feature. ;)

Frank Colver
Frank Colver
Contributor
Contributor

Re: The big advantage of paragliders over hang gliders!

Postby SamKellner » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:33 am

:twisted: :twisted:
Southwest Texas Hang Gliders
US Hawks Hang Gliding Assn.
Chapter #4
SamKellner
Contributor
Contributor

Re: The big advantage of paragliders over hang gliders!

Postby wingspan33 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:34 pm

Speaking of "autobundling", . . .

Car's sometimes come with the EXPEN$IVE option of being built as convertibles. You can put the top down or you can put the top up, depending on the weather. :)

But here again, while an expensive option with cars, this feature is also included free-of-charge :thumbup: with paragliders! PGs can be quickly converted from inflated airfoil to uninflated airfoil, also depending on the weather (i.e., smooth laminar flow vs. typical sunny sky turbulence).

I'm not sure, but I suspect that paragliders being convertible is the feature which allows for the more advanced (Yet Still Free!) autobundling feature. And to think that both of these features come at no cost when you buy a paraglider! Hot Dang! ! !

In fact, you're saving so much $ that you could probably afford to buy a convertible car in the trunk of which may be placed your converted then autobundled paraglider! :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup:
wingspan33
Contributor
Contributor

Forum Statistics