RGSA Web Site: http://rgsa.info  

Weekend Weather

Rio Grande Soaring Association Forum

Re: Weekend Weather

Postby RobinHastings » Thu May 11, 2017 6:44 am

FRIDAY, MAY 12 through SUNDAY, MAY 14:
This will be a windy weekend, except for Friday. No rain, warm temperatures, and winds from the southwest. Friday, light to moderate; Saturday and Sunday, pretty strong. I'd recommend flying Dry Canyon, La Luz on Friday, and if you go early, on Saturday and Sunday you could add Little Floridas, Agave Hill, Nelson's Launch and Matt's Mountain to that. I'm planning to go out to Dry Canyon on Friday; we'll meet in the Cox Field LZ about 10:00. Come and join us if you have the time!
-Robin
575-541-5744
RobinHastings
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Weekend Weather

Postby RobinHastings » Thu May 18, 2017 1:57 pm

FRIDAY, MAY 19 through SUNDAY, MAY 21:
It looks pretty good for flying this weekend. Temperatures will be warm but not scorching (mid to high 80's), dry, and west to southwest winds most places, not too strong. Friday should see some west/northwest winds, so La Luz, Dry Canyon, Little Floridas and Agave Hill should be OK. They're stronger that day than the the others, so go out early, I think. Saturday and Sunday winds should be a little lighter, 10 to 13 mph on the ground in Alamogordo and Las Cruces and Deming. West/southwest, so Dry Canyon, La Luz and Little Floridas should work. In El Paso, expect light east/southeast winds; the Anapra site should be flyable for PG's. Looks OK for soaring at the Sod Farms all weekend. Go out and fly if you can!

The long range forecast for next weekend looks excellent so far. Dry, not too hot, and winds light to moderate out of the southwest - it should be a good few days for the Dry Canyon Fly-In. Keep it on your calendar!

If you want to do some flying this weekend, let me know!
-Robin
575-541-5744
RobinHastings
Contributor
Contributor

Weekend Weather for Saturday May 20, 2017

Postby Bill Cummings » Fri May 19, 2017 9:27 am

Robin's forecast doesn't agree with KOBE radio Las Cruces.
Their forecast for Saturday, the recording says, "Northerly winds 6 to 9 mph out of the Southwest." :wtf:
First time I heard it I thought I was going nuts.
The second time I heard the weather recording I had a big laugh. :srofl:
PS Remember the saying: "When the clock strikes 13 it calls into question
all previous information." :srofl: :crazy:
Bill Cummings
Contributor
Contributor

Previous

Return to Rio Grande Soaring Association