RGSA Web Site: http://rgsa.info  

Flying possibilities

Rio Grande Soaring Association Forum

Flying possibilities. Dry Canyon Alamogordo 4-23-17

Postby Bill Cummings » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:35 pm

RGSA/Hawks,
In a call to Mike about going to Gray Hill this coming weekend we decided against going. (Wind and rain forecast.)
He and I are looking at the following weekend (May 5 through 7th.)
I asked him about Sunday at Dry Canyon but he didn't want to go.
Robin sounds interested but to me the areas forecast looks unsettled.
So I'll go as a driver/chase groundsmen. Looks strong for PG. but may turn out to be okay for HG.
User avatar
Bill Cummings
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 2415
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:20 pm
Location: Las Cruces NM 88005 (Region 4)

Re: Flying possibilities

Postby RobinHastings » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:46 pm

Bill and I plan to do a May Day flight at Matt's Mountain tomorrow, May 1, 2017. We'll leave from his house in Las Cruces at about 11:00 am. Conditions should be good for HG and maybe, barring turbulence, for PG. Come and join us if you want!
-Robin
541-5744
User avatar
RobinHastings
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:22 am

Re: Flying possibilities

Postby Bill Cummings » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:07 pm

Over on the Gray Hill thread I put an update about the weekend of May 5. :(
User avatar
Bill Cummings
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 2415
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:20 pm
Location: Las Cruces NM 88005 (Region 4)

Re: Flying possibilities

Postby Bill Cummings » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:32 pm

RGSA/Hawks/Pilots/Drivers,
Robin and I are watching the weather and have the Little Florida Mts. in our plans for Friday.
To me it looks like launch time will be between 1 & 2 pm if the three models on windytv hold.
If the forecast does hold I will be driving since the day's high temperature will approach 100*
User avatar
Bill Cummings
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 2415
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:20 pm
Location: Las Cruces NM 88005 (Region 4)

Re: Flying possibilities

Postby Bill Cummings » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:46 pm

Bill Cummings wrote:RGSA/Hawks/Pilots/Drivers,
Robin and I are watching the weather and have the Little Florida Mts. in our plans for Friday.
To me it looks like launch time will be between 1 & 2 pm if the three models on windytv hold.
If the forecast does hold I will be driving since the day's high temperature will approach 100*


Today the forecast is looking a little stronger early so the launch window looks better and longer.
It could blow out later in the day by some models but the new spot for the portable ramp
will take stronger winds while launching. The heat is still my personal concern so I am planing on driver duties.
Robin and I are going so far. I was thinking of taking my vehicle since mine doesn't have the clearance for Dry but is
good for the, Little Florida Mts. Robin's truck is the one we take when we head east from Las Cruces so I like to
use mine when heading west from Las Cruces. So Robin what time should I be at your house :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
My vehicle roof has room for one more HG if more want to go we could take Robin's truck (Right Robin?)
User avatar
Bill Cummings
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 2415
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:20 pm
Location: Las Cruces NM 88005 (Region 4)

Flying possibilities for July 5, 2017

Postby Bill Cummings » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:44 pm

RGSA/Hawks/Pilots/Drivers,
I'm going to be driver, photographer, and chase vehicle operator tomorrow on the 5 th.
Mike E. is busy and can't get away to fly but there will be room on and in Robin's truck tomorrow.
We plan to be in the LZ at 9:30 am before we head up Dry Canyon. :thumbup:
User avatar
Bill Cummings
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 2415
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:20 pm
Location: Las Cruces NM 88005 (Region 4)

Previous

Return to Rio Grande Soaring Association

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests