RGSA Web Site: http://rgsa.info  

Upcoming Events - Fall 2014

Rio Grande Soaring Association Forum

Upcoming Events - Fall 2014

Postby RobinHastings » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:35 am

Next weekend, Sept. 26-28, the Southern Arizona Hang Gliding/Paragliding Association (SAHGA) will hold its Miller Canyon Fly-In. This will be in the town of Sierra Vista, south of Benson, Arizona. Directions: Take I-10 to Benson, then go south to Sierra Vista/Fort Huachuca on Hwy 90, about 30 miles. Go straight ahead until you get to Hwy 92 south, and keep heading south of town. You'll come to Karr Canyon Road. Turn right and go up that to The Reefs campground. (Check out the LZ on Mountain Vista Road, technically in Hereford, AZ, before you head up.) The road to launch is right near The Reefs, and is about 1/4 mile long. For details call Eric Smith at AZairfoils, 520-790-3507. I'm planning to be there, so is Jan, and maybe Mike Ellsworth and some others. Let's make it happen!

A couple of weeks after Miller Canyon, we're having our Columbus Day Gathering at Dry Canyon in Alamogordo. Meet at the Cox Field LZ for Dry Canyon about 8:00 am each morning, Oct. 10-13. I'll be organizing that one, trying to make sure everyone gets a chance to get up and fly. No fees, no formality, no contests - just meet, fly, visit and have a great time. The Sacramentos are lovely in October, so how can you go wrong? Call me at 575-541-5744 or email me at rnhastings@zianet.com See you there and then - and maybe at Miller Canyon, too!
-Robin
RobinHastings
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Rio Grande Soaring Association