RGSA Web Site: http://rgsa.info  

Little Florida Mountain, Deming NM (USA)

Rio Grande Soaring Association Forum

Re: Little Florida Mountain, Deming NM (USA)

Postby Bill Cummings » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:41 am

So today I'm wondering why it is that the spare tire, up under my X-TERRA, has to be installed with the air valve stem up where you can't get at it.
Also why the rubber stowage dust cover works better holding dust in than out.
Also why, when I decided to drive this day to stay in the vehicle's air conditioning, I was rolling around on the ground with ants, and a mom with her twenty-some-odd baby spiders, in 100º heat (Near some weeds with pricker spines.)
Once again Robin and I were without wood blocking for the scissor-jack but we were able to make do with brittle, fracture prone, flat rock :shh: :thumbdown:
Having along three cans of, "Fix-A-Flat," and two kits of tire repair plugs with rubber cement, a 12V tire air-compressor, plus a good spare, may sound like over-kill but we still were short of stuff sufficient to rescue ourselves and still have a back up plan for the trip back to civilization.
I plan to address this situation. ( :roll: )
Bill Cummings
Contributor
Contributor

Postby wingspan33 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:58 am

After driving to the west coast for last year's Otto at Dockweiler meet I was thinking of visiting Bill and friends in New Mexico. Unfortunately the detour was a bit too long and I wasn't able to make it. But in reading this account about Little Florida Mt. it could be that it was better that I didn't pay a visit! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Only kidding. 8-)

At some point, if I get the chance, I'd love to fly at one or more of your local New Mexico flying sites.

And here's to hoping you all avoid similar transport mishaps in the future!
wingspan33
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:28 pm

wingspan33 wrote:At some point, if I get the chance, I'd love to fly at one or more of your local New Mexico flying sites.

Me too!

Every time I visit one of our US Hawks chapters or members, it reminds me of what the sport of hang gliding should be like.

Thanks to each of you for keeping the sport - and the spirit - of hang gliding alive!!!
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Previous

Return to Rio Grande Soaring Association