Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:42 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Chapter Renewals Delayed by USHPA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:13 am 
Contributor
Contributor

I've read in a few places that USHPA is not renewing Chapters at this time due to the insurance changes. Last year we completed our renewal paperwork on February 27th, 2015, so I wanted to confirm that the deadline was being extended this year.

I just called the USHPA office and spoke with Ashley who has processed our renewals in the past. Ashley confirmed that USHPA was not accepting Chapter renewals until some time in June. I added that the Torrey Hawks does not require insurance, but she reiterated that we could not renew until then either way.

As confirmation, I just sent the following email message to Ashley at USHPA as well as to info@ushpa.aero and to our club President Brian McMahon:

Quote:
Subject: Re: Chapter 270 renewal
Date: 02/25/2016 09:59:10 AM

Hello Ashely (cc Brian McMahon),

Thanks for your time on the phone this morning.

I'm just writing to include our Chapter President Brian McMahon in the discussion and to confirm that the 2016 Chapter renewal deadline for the Torrey Hawks (and all other Chapters) is currently extended until some time in June due to the changes in insurance.

As I mentioned on the phone, the Torrey Hawks does not currently purchase insurance, and we would be happy to renew before then, but we are also willing to wait along with other chapters as well.

Please keep us (both Brian and myself) informed as to when we might be able to renew our Chapter status.

Thanks,
Bob Kuczewski
Club Secretary - Torrey Hawks, USHPA Chapter #270

There is no doubt in my mind that USHPA would like to "expel" the Torrey Hawks just as they've expelled me. That's why I feel compelled to document that we are doing our best to follow whatever procedures USHPA dictates for our renewal.

Post subject: Re: Chapter Renewals Delayed by USHPA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:39 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Just a minute ago I saw this flash someplace in the world:

Quote:
Let the distinction be clear: Any right used by one man to harm another is no right at all,
but instead a tool of oppression wielded by those who, left unopposed,
would destroy all rights and freedoms until only those remain that favor the tyrant.

View pilots' hang gliding rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]