Change font size
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:03 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Examples of Bad Ideas
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:19 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

How about letting a thief be a night watchman for a jewelry store? :?

Or, a pedophile run a daycare center? :shock:

Well, USHPA gives pilots who are risky and thoughtless the right to fly with children in an unsafe manner. :roll:

Is this really smart? Does USHPA even realize how stupid and dangerous this is? Of course they do, but they don't seem to be doing anything about it.

Post subject: Re: Examples of Bad Ideas
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:54 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

majiemae, Thank you again for posting these videos. :salute:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:44 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, BobK, for pointing this out, again.
Unfortunately, the way the world works, somebody has to get killed before any responsible party will act.
Even children.
That's the way it works.
Then the sledgehammer comes down hard on hang gliding.
Why hang gliding?
Read this: United States Hang Gliding & Paragliding Association.
Guilt by association.

When the bad thing happens, fingers will be pointed.
Those who should have done something will over-compensate to make up for their lack of competence.
Torrey Pines will then be closed to all freeflight.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:54 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Quote:

With the risk to children and the sport the concessionaire poses, that may just be what is needed.

The reasonable approach hasn't been working.

The councilwoman charged with that park area is either out to lunch or under the table picking up something.

The local judges are inept or corrupt (are there any other options I'm missing?) The U$hPA can't be bothered.

How is it that the tandem instructor is still rated with U$hPA?

When the FAA discovers the abuse going on with the tandem exemption (Joy Rides) will the honest flight schools suffer when the exemption is pulled? They should be on this problem before that happens. And I will if things don't change.

If the concessionaire is allowed to continue as the entity with the final say the paper trail that will accumulate, with newspapers' striving for salacious selling stories, and will close the site to all flight.

It looks like the best answer is to get the bidding processes revived and work hard to shut down the current concessionaire.

Any legitimate school that doesn't work to shut down this loose cannon concessionaire to save the tandem exemption would not be showing good business sense.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:41 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Super Job on those Videos MajieMae!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:46 am 
Contributor
Contributor

RickMasters wrote:
Unfortunately, the way the world works, somebody has to get killed before any responsible party will act.
  :
Those who should have done something will over-compensate to make up for their lack of competence.

Thanks Rick. Thanks for understanding that I go to the podium to save Torrey Pines from the negligence that will eventually shut it down if we don't fix the problems at that site. USHPA tries to tell us that they're acting to save sites like Torrey, but in reality they are protecting the very people who will cause it to be shut down.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:07 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

I've just finished making out a "Consumer Complaint" with the State of California Department of Justice, Office of the Attorney General.

It involves my personal witnessing, last May, of acts by certain individuals and/or business personnel who IMHO were/are in violation of California Penal Law section 273a. subsection (b). (I've posted on this subject before)

I believe my complaint is likely to be forwarded on to more applicable agencies/authorities as a violation of this law amounts to a criminal act. Since the violation has been repeated 100's of times, I suppose it (involving minors) could even be seen as serial in nature.

The "for profit" aspect of this starts bringing this matter into the ever more SERIOUS side of the law.

I'll email or PM a copy of my complaint if anyone is interested in how I worded it - so as to you aid you in filing your own.

Act now and save the life of the potential next child who could be injured or killed.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Quote:
I go to the podium to save Torrey Pines from the negligence that will eventually shut it down if we don't fix the problems.

This seems obvious.
Quote:
State of California Department of Justice

This doesn't.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:45 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

RickMasters wrote:
Quote:
I go to the podium to save Torrey Pines from the negligence that will eventually shut it down if we don't fix the problems.

This seems obvious.
Quote:
State of California Department of Justice

This doesn't.

You never know, . . . until you do.

Unable to read minds (departmental or otherwise) it could be that something comes of this.

If not, I would ask, does the State of California not enforce laws that protect children from possible harm? If so, I would wonder, . . . how many States like being identified as having a "blind eye" for that kind of violation?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:40 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

The only thing worse than bad things happening is the government getting involved to fix it.
Hang gliding was supposed to police itself.
That was before paragliding.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next