PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:34 am 
Contributor
Contributor

I just got this email message and I'm passing it along to the club:

Quote:
Subject: Governance Proposal Voting
To: Chapter Presidents

Dear Chapter President,

As you know a revote on the USHPA Governance Proposal will occur over the next few weeks. As a member of the Board of Directors, I do have serious concerns about this change in USHPA governance. I would appreciate it if you forward this email and attachment to your members as well as other pilots you know. The attachment and video will explain in more detail than is done in my email. I appreciate your assistance.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Vote NO on the governance proposal!

You should have received an email from USHPA for the opportunity to vote again on the Governance Proposal. I would recommend that you vote NO on the proposal.

Some of you do know me, but for those who don’t, I will briefly outline my history. I am one of two region 9 directors and have been flying a paraglider since 1998. For a number of years I have been the president of our local USHPA Chapter 152, known also as the Skywackers Chapter. I live in the Appalachian Mountains of southwest Virginia and have been lucky enough to be able to own and develop our local flying site, known as Eagle Rock.

USHPA has spent an inordinate amount of time over the last two years writing and rewriting (about 25 times) this proposal. It has consumed an increasing amount of the Board of Directors time during these meetings, which could have been spent addressing more pressing issues.

My biggest concerns with the governance proposal is the loss of regional representation as well as the real possibility that the smaller board of directors could be hijacked by only a few directors to set the future course of USHPA and our sport.

While I agree that the board structure and function could be improved, I do not feel that this governance proposal will accomplish that objective and likely will make things worse. I would recommend that you vote NO on the governance proposal.

Attached for your review is an article produced by several pilots concerning this issue.

In addition, below is a link to further discussion on the governance proposal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csuMgDh9srM

Attachment:
th.jpg
th.jpg [ 29.82 KiB | Viewed 3801 times ]

Vote No on the USHPA Governance Proposal (Version W) http://www.youtube.com
Vote No on the USHPA Governance Proposal (Version W) Voting takes place April 16 - May 16, 2019

Please feel free to contact me should you have any further questions or comments.

Larry Dennis email: ks3h@hotmail.com
USHPA #71713
Region 9 Co-Director

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]