It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:51 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Comments on Handy Torrey Links and Information
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:17 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Bob Kuczewski wrote:
Torrey Hawks Mission Statement:

The Torrey Hawks Hang Gliding Club is dedicated to promoting and protecting the sport of Hang Gliding at the Torrey Pines Gliderport.

Torrey Hawks By-Laws:

• Article I - Name
    The name of the organization shall be the Torrey Hawks Hang Gliding Club. The club may also be known as the Torrey Pines Hawks Hang Gliding Club, Torrey Pines Hawks Hang Gliding Association, Torrey Pines Hang Gliding Association, or simply (and most commonly) the Torrey Hawks. The club web site shall be TorreyHawks.org.

• Article II - Purpose
    The Torrey Hawks Hang Gliding Club is dedicated to promoting and protecting the sport of Hang Gliding at the Torrey Pines Gliderport.

* Video clip to attachment: https://www.newsflare.com/video/49705/t ... -in-brazil
  • Article III - Membership
    The membership of the Torrey Hawks Hang Gliding Club shall consist of individuals whose applications for membership have been accepted by the Association. Voting members must hold a USHPA rating of H4 or above and have flown a hang glider at the Torrey Pines Gliderport within the previous three years. Expired USHPA members may be placed on inactive status as needed to maintain compliance with USHPA membership requirements.

• Article IV - Officers
    The officers of the Torrey Hawks shall be a President, Vice-President, and Secretary. These officers are elected for a one year term by voting members of the Club at the annual meeting. Representatives of the club to other organizations shall be chosen by the President.

• Article V - Meetings
    The Torrey Hawks shall hold at least one annual meeting for the election of new officers. All other meetings are considered Special Meetings and will be scheduled as needed by a majority of the Torrey Hawks Officers. Meetings may be held electronically.

• Article VI - Minutes and Records
    The Torrey Hawks secretary will take notes at all meetings and distribute them electronically as requested by members.

• Article VII - Parlimentary Authority
    The Torrey Hawks meetings shall be governed by Robert's Rules of Order, Revised unless otherwise provided for in these By-Laws.

• Article VIII - Ammendments
    Ammendments to these By-Laws may be made during Annual or Special Meetings and require a two-thirds vote of the voting membership present at any such meeting.

Handy Torrey Links

1998 Torrey Lease
Attachment:
The attachment Torrey_Lease_1998.pdf is no longer available

Pilot Orientation (may be outdated)

I clearly support Torrey Hawks Mission Statement, But Not the Lease or the Pilot Orientation video that doesn't really show the problem
The orientation video and the 1998 lease are outdated and have been manipulated by an out-of-control USHPA tandem/school leaseholder in control. The tandem Joyride operation disguised as a school has stolen our recreational freedom to fly free.

The Commercialization and Privatization of our park is unacceptable. Yet there it is on video,.... without question sign a waiver and pay access fees, like it's been accepted and approved by whom? (The leaseholder with a Manipulated lease and contract by force) When have recreational pilots ever been given a choice? Let's see the list of supporters?

Could we please have Comments on Handy Torrey Links and Information and Torrey Hawks Mission Statement updated and clarified as to what we support and do not support?

* Extra Video to attachment: https://www.newsflare.com/video/49705/t ... -in-brazil

Attachments:
Snagapus.jpg
Snagapus.jpg [ 13 KiB | Viewed 1420 times ]

Last edited by eagle on Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Comments on Handy Torrey Links and Information
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:54 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ernie,

Thanks for your comments. I have to admit that it is disgusting to watch how that video portrays Torrey Pines Gliderport as a nice friendly place to visit and have fun. That's like Nazi Germany propaganda - making everything look rosy while people are being mistreated (and sometimes killed) out of the public's view.

It's also disgusting to see Lyne Perry's image being abused to show what a nice fun place it is:

Attachment:
Lyne_Perry_Signing_In_At_Torrey.png
Lyne_Perry_Signing_In_At_Torrey.png [ 272.76 KiB | Viewed 1389 times ]

I don't know when that video was made, but Lyne Perry had confided in me about the abuse (bullying) that she suffered under David Jebb and Gabe Jebb before she ended up taking her own life:
Lyne Perry wrote:
I wish that I were as thick skinned as you and able to keep going in spite of verbal abuse. When David or Gabe Jebb bullied me, I let it go because I knew that they bullied most everyone, but when it came from pilots whom I thought were my friends, it devastated me.

On the other hand, that video does provide some of the important safety rules that pilots should follow. As far as I know it is also still the "official" video describing the rules at the Gliderport.

It would be nice if there was an official video describing the rules that wasn't so biased and promotional. Maybe we could come up with some wording that conveys these issues.

By the way, due to your complaint, I have indented the non-club information under a section titled "Additional Torrey Information" with a caption that reads "(Not all links are approved by the Torrey Hawks)". I also added a note above the video that says: "Useful information, but also misleading and not approved by the Torrey Hawks". I hope that makes it clearer, but maybe we can do more. I am open to suggestions.

Thanks for your input.

P.S. Here's what that updated section looks like:

Quote:
Additional Torrey Information
       (Not all links are approved by the Torrey Hawks):

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]