Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:31 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Will this affect Torrey flights
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:14 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Quote:
Oceanside Police officials asked for help in enforcing the airspace over the city along the coast of San Diego County.

'Drone Killer' Approved for Use in Oceanside

What if a PG up there is seen by the police as a drone?
What if a HG up there is seen by the police as a drone?
What if a helicopter up there is seen by the police as a drone?
Etc.
Times are changing. Up there things may look small. How powerful will the weapons of the police become?

If _____?_______ is seen flying up there in the sky, will the police use a drone killer to get him down? :?:

View pilots' hang gliding rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System

Post subject: Re: Will this affect Torrey flights
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:47 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

I think this is what it about , Just a start
Top 3 Drone Catchers | Drone vs Drone
See Videos: https://youtu.be/OQwl0poN9l4

Autonomous killer drones
This is what could happen
See This Video: https://youtu.be/DK6IGG5zRU8

Attachment:
Capture Hawk.jpg
Capture Hawk.jpg [ 16.4 KiB | Viewed 5978 times ]

Post subject: Re: Will this affect Torrey flights
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:17 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

A city or state has no authority over things that fly. The Federal government created the FAA (with no state equivalent) to administer over what flies and how. The City of San Diego is in violation of the FAA's "sovereignty" if it claims that it has the authority to shoot down "drones".

BTW - Drones are anything that flies remotely without a human pilot aboard. So all those R/C sailplanes flying at Torrey Pines are, in fact, drones.

I also wonder, what is the big deal with quad (or multi) copters equipped with cameras? I think this is the type of aircraft the City of San Diego wants to shoot down. But Why? What are they video documenting that someone doesn't want them to?

As far as privacy goes, Federal law protects your right to privacy in the bathroom and bedroom and that's it! Is it people on Black's Beach that San Diego is protecting? Nude bathing in a very open and public place? There's no such thing as privacy in such a place and under such circumstances. And I doubt if a flying camera is going to be able to see through walls into bathrooms and/or bedrooms.

Are there filthy rich people "sunbathing" in their backyards - which are otherwise surrounded by tall solid fences - among those who don't want to be "seen" by "drone" cameras in the sky above? What about any HG or PG pilot who can see the same thing (and perhaps record it on their own 4k GoPro)? As has already been asked, can they get shot down too?

My local village has a "rule" for one of its parks - no drone flying. That was put in place 2 years ago - but that doesn't make it legally allowable or enforceable. I've already flown one of my quadcopters in an isolated part of the park half a dozen times over the last few months. If they ever charge me with something just wait for the law suit I'll file against them! My first friendly witness would be the closest qualified FAA official.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]