RGSA Web Site: http://rgsa.info  

Robin Hastings Cancer Fund (RGSA)

Rio Grande Soaring Association Forum

Re: Robin Hastings Cancer Fund (RGSA)

Postby Bill Cummings » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:24 pm

I sent an address to you by way of private message that contains Robin’s address.
Bill Cummings
Bill Cummings
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Chris McKeon » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:12 pm

I will not be able to Ma8il a Cashiers check until after the 3rd of August. But rest assured I will indeed do just that. Best Wishes Robin. I hope that you are back Flying real soon. That wish goes for Me also by the way.

Good By Chris McKeon 925 - 497 - 1059
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Chris McKeon » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:58 pm

You know I feel sorta like a Blow hard. For I really wish that I could have gone to the Bank and got a Money order then I could have sent. Nut, there is always a But with a Sacker such as I. I no longer have A Drivers License. <y License was taken away from Me due to when I pounded My self into the ground 11 years ago. Yes I did the all-Time pound of My Flying Career. The result of my injuries was that I spent 4 months flat on My back in the Hospital while I was AWOL as in a Coma for 3 Months.

But all that trauma and Drama was then, This is now. My sister and mine plan is to go to the Bank tomorrow. That way I will be able to et a Money order.
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Chris McKeon » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:25 pm

This lack of action on My part just shows what a slacker that I am. For my Sister and I did not get the Bank or the Post Office. But do not count Me out, I will get this done.
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Chris McKeon » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:04 pm

OK I guess that I am a true Slacker. But by no later than Tuesday I will be able to get to my Bank where I will buy a cashiers check for Robin. I guess I really am a Blow-Hard and a Slacker.
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Craig Muhonen » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:29 pm

Bob Kuczewski wrote:Robin Hastings Cancer Fund
https://gf.me/u/y54zvj

GoFundMe wrote:Robin Hastings Cancer Fund

$5,485 raised of $20,000 goal
$7,310 raised of $20,000 goal (update as of November 1st, 2020)
$15,200 raised of $20,000 goal (update as of May 13th, 2021)

https://youtu.be/dToMm3v0PiM

Stephen Crye is organizing this fundraiser on behalf of Robin Hastings.

Created October 11, 2020

Steve Crye wrote:Robin Hastings has been a fixture in the US Hang Gliding community for over 40 years. His articles have been published in USHPA magazine and elsewhere. Always willing to mentor and assist new pilots, he selflessly provided rides to the Dry Canyon launch for the last 30 years, destroying at least one 4x4 truck on the terrible road. Friend to hangies and baggies alike, he has served in multiple capacities in the Rio Grande Soaring Association, where he is currently Secretary.

In addition to be being an expert HG pilot with over 5000 flights, he as an accomplished amateur astronomer, physicist and gymnast.

He is now in the fight of his life and needs our help! In late September 2020, he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer that has spread to his liver. He is only 66 years old, in great shape other than this malady, and has many years of flying ahead if we can help him beat this. As you all know, pancreatic cancer is aggressive so there is no time to waste.

51829210_1602698986647717_r.jpeg

I have known him since 2015 when I was a green beginner paraglider pilot. We fly together as often as possible. I am also an officer in the RGSA. I'm starting this fundraiser for him because he is too proud to ask for help. Let's all pitch in and help give him a fighting chance and relieve some of the financial burden his family is facing.

I'm sure he will appreciate encouragement and support. He is active on US Hawks, and you can reach him there

https://ushawks.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=28

Steve Crye
El Paso TX

Robin Hastings, his wife Nancy, Joe Faust and I at Dockweiler Beach in Los Angeles:
https://ushawks.org/forum/viewtopic.php ... 531#p12522

file-11.jpg

file-13.jpg

file-15.jpg

file-19.jpg

Robin Hastings, his wife Nancy and I at Torrey Pines:
https://ushawks.org/forum/viewtopic.php ... 499#p12499

file-10.jpg

file-12.jpg

I did knot know Robin and his family except for USHAWKS. He will be missed, but his eyes are forever skyward. :salute: God is with him.
I share these two songs.

"In My Fathers Field"

"When I'm Old and Wise" Alan Parsons.
THANK YOU ALL AT USHAWKS
Last edited by Craig Muhonen on Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sometimes you gotta' push the stick forward while you're lookn' at the ground
Craig Muhonen
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:05 pm

Thanks Craig. Here's the latest update:

Robin_Hastings_Cancer_Fund.png
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JoeF » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:28 pm

To me, Robin, you were ever a spirit director of US Hawks, setting high standards for sharing yourself for the benefit of others. Your perseverance and constancy heightened my hope for hang gliding communications.
R.I.P., Robin; you are cleared for the Next Thermal; ... you and yours are in my prayers :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org

View pilots' hang gliding rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
JoeF
Contributor
Contributor

Previous

Return to Rio Grande Soaring Association