RGSA Web Site: http://rgsa.info    

Meetings

Official RGSA Club Information

Meetings

Postby RGSA » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:33 pm

Our next official meeting will be the annual meeting on Saturday, January 28, 2017.
HISTORY
For those coming to our annual RGSA club meeting in Las Cruces, this Saturday, we can meet to go out and fly Volcanic Peak by coming to Robin's house at 2305 Turrentine Drive at 11:00 am. Bill and Robin can guide you out to the site from there. The meeting will be at 6:30 pm that evening at the Golden Corral Buffet and Grill restaurant on Hickory Loop, right near the Avenida de Mesilla exit from Interstate 10. (Exit 140) This is Golden Corral's new location in southwest Las Cruces.

Give Robin a call at 575-541-5744 at home, or 575-386-8212 on his cell phone.
You can also give Bill C. a call at 575-541-0803
RGSA
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Meetings

Postby RGSA » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:39 am

SATURDAY, FEB. 6, 2016: HISTORY
Our annual RGSA meeting was a fine success this year, at International Delights restaurant in Las Cruces. About a dozen people attended, half of them new pilots. Wyatt, Steve, Ken & Heather, Nathan, Jason - nice new prospective pilots. Plus Lee, Had, Mike, Rod, Jan and myself. Erica had the Boone kids in tow, who got along very well with Jan's two children. All got to introduce themselves to the group. We were, with great effort (at least on my part) able to stay on the agenda, and complete the meeting. It began about 7:40 pm, after everyone had gotten acquainted. I went over the past year's flying events, which turned out pretty well. Hadley Robinson gave us a treasurer's report - we seem to be doing pretty well, with close to $800 in the bank (that's before dues were paid, which started right after Had's report). We voted for club officers, and for 2016 we'll have Mike Ellsworth as president, Robin Hastings (yes, that's me) as Vice President, Hadley Robinson as Secretary/Treasurer and Lee Boone as Safety Officer. However, the last two jobs just might get exchanged between those two individuals. Hadley spoke about how the training of PG pilots is going, and I talked about the mentoring we've been doing for prospective hang glider pilots. Additionally, we decided to have several flying events this year. First, there's the Guadalupes trip next weekend, which a number of pilots around the table plan to attend. We'll try for another camping trip to Gray Hill, west of Magdalena, in April. We'll hold the Dry Canyon Fly-In over Memorial Day weekend in Alamogordo, plus the Columbus Day gathering in October - same venue. A possible PG Fly-In at Agave Hill over Veteran's Day weekend, in November, is also being looked at. Mike Ellsworth also pointed out that the Villa Grove Fly-In, in August, is well worth attending, up in Colorado. It could be a busy year for flying events! We discussed insurance - it looks like the USHPA gathered enough funds to finance a Reduced Risk Group, or RRG, in place of what we have right now. How do we insure sites now? (And which ones do we need to insure?) In miscellaneous topics, Jan Zschenderlein pointed out that we need to start alerting each other when one of us plans to fly or otherwise do interesting things - perhaps a broadcast to everyone's email would do it. We finally decided we'd had all the democracy we could handle, and the meeting adjourned about 9:00 pm. Thanks for being there, everyone!
-Robin
RGSA
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Meetings

Postby RGSA » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:19 am

Monday, July 23, 2018:
Hi, everyone. I'm hoping that we can all get together for a summer meeting of the RGSA this Saturday, July 28th. The venue offered is the home of Bill and Terry Cummings, which is near the Avenida de Mesilla exit from Interstate 10 in Las Cruces. If Bill and Terry are still willing, we can enjoy a barbecue and some formal & informal discussions about flying and the issues surrounding it. I'll let our hosts set a time and provide directions. Please let me know if you plan to be there, so an appropriate quantity of comestibles and potable beverages may be assembled. Thanks, and I'll hope to see a crowd of pilots there this coming Saturday.
-Yours in Flight,
Robin Hastings
RGSA President
575-541-5744
RGSA
Contributor
Contributor

Return to RGSA Club Information and Weather.