This Forum is for Official US Hawks Ratings.

Re: Apply for a US Hawks Rating

Postby SamKellner » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:48 am

jaybird78 wrote:Finally, this is the best news I've heard in a long time. Congrats And thank you Bob for making this a reality. :D

My name is Jonathan Yonetani and I have been flying almost two years

Yes, it's great news Jonathan. :clap: :thumbup:

What area are you from?

:wave:

We'll see how long this lasts on hg.org ;) :shifty: Like you said J, a choice. :thumbup:

http://www.hanggliding.org/viewtopic.ph ... ht=#374605
Southwest Texas Hang Gliders
US Hawks Hang Gliding Assn.
Chapter #4
SamKellner
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jaybird78 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:19 am

Hi Sam,

Pleasure to make your acquaintance, to answer your question I live in Stockton, CA. And I agree with your comment about my post staying on the org. Previously the title was " get rated with the ushawks" it was changed by the system or admin to " get rated at loserville" so I had to change the title. Screw the childish antics and drama I don't have time for all that, let's just grow the sport together.
jaybird78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby SamKellner » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:41 pm

jaybird78 wrote:. Screw the childish antics and drama I don't have time for all that, let's just grow the sport together.

Right on J. :clap: :clap:

Your topic, over there, has survived long enough to get supportive comments! :clap: :clap: Thanks
Chapter #4
SamKellner
Contributor
Contributor

Postby DaveSchy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:22 am

Dave Schy USHGA# 18966
I hold a H4 rating
I have flown every year since 1976
appx 850 foot launch flights
Skills: CL, AWCL,TUR, XC
Site negotiations for "The Backyard", Frailey, Copalis, Baumgarten, Gold, supporting negotiations for Dog, Mt Si with Gene Matthews (RIP).

I never asked for a H5 rating in protest to the political nature of that rating being contingent on other pilots' comments or support. :lol:

Gliders: Jobe Standard, Chandelle, Windlord, Cirrus5B, Sensor, Demon, Harrier, Sport 150 Euro, HPAT, XC144, Freedom 150
DaveSchy
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jaybird78 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:49 am

Right on J. :clap: :clap:

Your topic, over there, has survived long enough to get supportive comments! :clap: :clap: Thanks

Yeah I'm a bit surprised it's lasted so long on the org. I have never posted on that site before and don't think I will in the future. It seems like no matter what I say or my intentions, someone will attempt to dissect and analyze my words to fit their agenda. At any rate I'm glad I could do something to spread the word.
jaybird78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby SamKellner » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:00 am

DaveSchy wrote:Dave Schy USHGA# 18966
I hold a H4 rating
appx 850 foot launch flights
Skills: CL, AWCL,TUR, XC
Site negotiations for "The Backyard", Frailey, Copalis, Baumgarten, Gold, supporting negotiations for Dog, Mt Si with Gene Matthews (RIP).

I never asked for a H5 rating in protest to the political nature of that rating being contingent on other pilots' comments or support. :lol:

Gliders: Jobe Standard, Chandelle, Windlord, CirrusName: 5B, Sensor, Demon, Harrier, Sport 150 Euro, HPAT, XC144, Freedom 150

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

DAVID SCHY
USHPA #: 18966
Membership Class: Pilot
Membership Exp Date: 3/31/2016

Division: HANG GLIDING
Pilot Rating: ADVANCED (H-4) By: Bob Brown Date: 6/30/1981
Other Ratings and Special Skills: FL AWCL CL FSL RLF TUR X-C
.......................................................................................

I vote   yes  

David Schy
Advanced: Hawks-4
FL AWCL CL FSL RLF TUR X-C
Last edited by SamKellner on Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chapter #4
SamKellner
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:01 am

DaveSchy wrote:Dave Schy USHGA# 18966
I hold a H4 rating

Thanks Dave!!! Your "HGP" has been issued and the H4 is awaiting confirmation. We're still working out our "system", so please be patient with us.

It's an honor to have long-time pilots like yourself joining us, and I hope you continue to fly every year for a long long time.    :thumbup:
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:05 am

Oops .... while I was posting, Sam had already done the research. Dave, your H4 is good to go, and it's been published on the ratings page.

Thanks again!!!    :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

And thanks Sam for staying right on top of things.    :thumbup:    :D

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:21 am

jaybird78 wrote:Yeah I'm a bit surprised it's lasted so long on the org. I have never posted on that site before and don't think I will in the future. It seems like no matter what I say or my intentions, someone will attempt to dissect and analyze my words to fit their agenda. At any rate I'm glad I could do something to spread the word.

Thanks Jaybird for making a SUPER effort to spread the word about the US Hawks.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

If you don't know the history, several of us tried to start an alternative to USHPA in the spring of 2010. We started by posting to hanggliding.org and we quickly had a large number of participants. But Jack Axaopoulos (sg) "volunteered" to set up our own forum for us, and we (somewhat reluctantly) went along with it. When he didn't like the direction it was going, he took control and instituted his own "marshal law". He rigged an election where he decided who would be on the ballot. The outcome was predetermined and he kicked off those who disagreed. He subsequently banned some of us from speaking out on hanggliding.org as well. Then he did nothing to grow the "new association" that he'd taken over because he didn't want a democratically controlled organization to compete with hanggliding.org - which he controls 100%. Eventually that new association dried up ... he couldn't even hold onto the URL (hgaa.org - check it out). We started the US Hawks shortly after that fiasco, and Jack has hated us ever since. That's why he set up his site so that any links to ushawks.org get changed to something like "loserville.org". He values his own little "war" against us even more than he values the sport of hang gliding. That's the saddest part of all.

Anyway, our growth has certainly been more difficult outside of Jack's "iron curtain", but we've continued to grow year after year. We're finally big enough to start considering ratings and that's why we're making that move now. We hope to continue to grow and put control of the sport back into the hands of the pilots. Thanks for being part of that, and thanks for having the courage to spread the word over on hanggliding.org. :thumbup:
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Frank Colver » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:56 pm

I am personally proud to see my H-3 rating on the Hawks rating list. :thumbup:

Frank Colver
Frank Colver
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics