Roll up your sleeves, leave your ego at the door...
Forum rules
Speak your mind. Try to be courteous to others.
Don't be too shy to say what you think.
Don't be too proud to say you were wrong.

Re: H3 Rating for Harold "Howie" Shank II

Postby Bill Cummings » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:59 am

howie wrote:Need more help linking
Videos

If it is at YouTube
Just highlight the url in the address box then hold ctrl + "c" to copy.
  https://youtu.be/Kqi2P6mcQrU  
Then click the URL button then Ctrl + "v" to paste.
that will make a clickable link that you can preview to see if it is as you want it. Then if it is okay click Submit.
_________________________________________________________________________________
To embed a video only copy the last eleven characters, "  Kqi2P6mcQrU  " of the Youtube address then
click youtube button above and then hold down Ctrl + "v" to paste.
Again click Preview, blue key below, to see if it is as you like it. if it is click Submit.
NEXT ALWAYS MAKE SURE THE SUCCESSFUL NOTICE SHOWS UP RIGHT AFTER THE SUBMIT KEY!
If it doesn't notify you of a successful post then BACK ARROW AND HIT SUBMIT AGAIN. (sometimes it is a fluke and doesn't post.)
_________________________________________________________________________________
embed videos do not allow the expand and other tool buttons to work. For that you need the link to take you to YouTube.
Now Robin and I are off to Dry Canyon NM (USA) to fly.
Bill Cummings
Contributor
Contributor

Postby howie » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:26 am

Howie@Smithsburg: http://youtu.be/kv3o33ypyDM
howie
Contributor
Contributor

Postby howie » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:34 am

howie@smithsbrug 12/30/11: http://youtu.be/YSm1Lq-QheI
Bunny hill .I am looking for more I just don't doo much
Video or logs much more than my maintenance logs for my trikes.
howie
Contributor
Contributor

Postby howie » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:57 am

here are some more of my gliders
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-03-19-12-46-58.png
Screenshot_2016-03-19-12-49-08.png
this is my Fusion
Screenshot_2016-03-19-12-48-19.png
cificthis was the first thing I put on my trike airwave
howie
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bill Cummings » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:04 am

Howie,
I just looked up our two local observers at the USHPA members website and I see that Robin Hastings and Mike Ellsworth no longer are listed as observers.

Here is what I believe: A lot of Regional Directors have ties with schools and dealers. They voted to cut the list of observers. They made it harder to remain an observer. The result is that outlying pilots now have to travel farther to get rated. With that travel expense comes higher food and lodging costs than at home. Waiting on the weather and observer's availability extends the time away from home to get the rating done.
Rick Masters said it best: Hang Gliding isn't dying out. It'$ being MURDERED!
Bill Cummings
Contributor
Contributor

Postby howie » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:45 am

It's the reason I started
Doing What to the FAA rules
Say. We are all far103 :srofl:
howie
Contributor
Contributor

Postby howie » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:41 pm

Per my phone call it
Dose not sound good
So let's have a the official vote
howie
Contributor
Contributor

Postby howie » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:23 am

No sweat of my back

Back to doing what i do
Have me removed from
Your members list you don't
Need my name in your list
howie
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:40 am

billcummings wrote:Howie,
I just looked up our two local observers at the USHPA members website and I see that Robin Hastings and Mike Ellsworth no longer are listed as observers.

Here is what I believe: A lot of Regional Directors have ties with schools and dealers. They voted to cut the list of observers. They made it harder to remain an observer. The result is that outlying pilots now have to travel farther to get rated. With that travel expense comes higher food and lodging costs than at home. Waiting on the weather and observer's availability extends the time away from home to get the rating done.
Rick Masters said it best: Hang Gliding isn't dying out. It'$ being MURDERED!

Howie, Bill's observations and comments here are the source of your problems. We are trying to fix this and make it better. We cannot fix it immediately, but the more members we have, the faster we can come up with a viable solution.

If you support what we are doing, and if you appreciate that we're doing our best with the resources and constraints that we have, then we would welcome your continued membership. But if you demand that we issue you an H3 now or you'll leave, then you're welcome to do that as well. The US Hawks is for people with the patience and commitment to improve the sport of hang gliding for all of us. We welcome those who share that goal, but we understand that not everyone has that patience and commitment.

Sincerely,
Bob Kuczewski
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bill Cummings » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:29 pm

howie wrote:No sweat of my back

Back to doing what i do
Have me removed from
Your members list you don't
Need my name in your list

Howie, I couldn't go flying today due to being up most of the night not being able to stay/fall asleep.
I think I'm a party pooper since Mike and Robin canceled plans to fly too.
I finally woke up after 10:00 am and started out the day with ice packs on my neck and back and had breakfast just past noon.
I filled out my log book for Saturday and was about to call you but I see you look seriously ready to pull the pin and release the US Hawks to fly off on their own.
Your frustration with the rating issue is also one I have been through in the past. It's one of the many reasons I've fallen out with THE U$hPa.
It took the USHGA many years to put together a working safe rating system. I am hoping a parallel and fresh start with the US Hawks will move along at a faster clip since it only will be focusing on hang gliding.
It may not be that I will be able to leap from the saddle of the running USHPA (Pony Express) horse onto the back of the fresh horse of the US Hawks. My membership in USHPA is about to run out. I'm still wondering if I'll pull the pin on them to fly off in their own direction carrying a load beyond their wing capacity.
( I hope my analogy of pony's and hawks still has you on the same page with me because I'm loosing my train of thought.)
Anyway, your dissatisfaction with the status quo is exactly why the US Hawks took flight. You are a perfect example; a case in point; of the dissatisfaction many hang gliding pilots are sharing.
I hope you change your mind because your ideas could well be the faster solution that the US Hawks are working towards.
We appreciate any suggestions you or anyone can offer.
Bill Cummings
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics