Jordan Peterson

Individual journals about topics not specifically related to hang gliding.

Jordan Peterson

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:17 am

This Blog is for material related to Jordan Peterson.

All posts on that topic are currently welcome by all U.S. Hawks members.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Jordan Peterson

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:18 am

I'd like to start this Blog with the video posted by Bill Cummings that first introduced me to Jordan Peterson. It's still one of my favorites. Thanks Bill.    :salute:

"Don't underestimate the power of your speech."
                                                                 - Jordan Peterson

"Don't underestimate the power of truth. There is nothing more powerful."
                                                                                                                       - Jordan Peterson

"Nothing brings a better world into being better than the stated truth."
                                                                                                                 - Jordan Peterson

"It is not safe to speak. ... It's even less safe not to speak."
                                                                                 - Jordan Peterson

"The truth is what redeems the world from hell."
                                                                 - Jordan Peterson
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby SamKellner » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:23 pm

BobK, BillC,
Thanks so much for this post. :salute: :salute: :salute:

I am in a conversation with a well known HG pilot. He is saying he has been keeping track of who in u$hPa has been making decisions that are negatively effecting Hang Gliding, BUT
has been asked to keep quiet. :( I know how I feel, but was at a loss for words.

Then I page back over to US Hawks forum and , BAM, it's in my face. Speak Up

We'll see how it goes. here's a link to the conversation, but its facebook again :( ..Houston Hang Gliding and Paragliding

https://www.facebook.com/groups/8189526 ... on_generic
Southwest Texas Hang Gliders
US Hawks Hang Gliding Assn.
Chapter #4
SamKellner
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:06 pm

SamKellner wrote:BobK, BillC,
Thanks so much for this post. :salute: :salute: :salute:

I am in a conversation with a well known HG pilot. He is saying he has been keeping track of who in u$hPa has been making decisions that are negatively effecting Hang Gliding, BUT
has been asked to keep quiet. :( I know how I feel, but was at a loss for words.

Then I page back over to US Hawks forum and , BAM, it's in my face. Speak Up

Yes, that video from Bill says it so well. Speaking Up is the most powerful thing we can do. That's why USHPA doesn't have an open forum. They are afraid to let pilots speak up. That's why USHPA expelled me (Speaking up at City Council, speaking up in court, founding the U.S. Hawks where everyone can speak up). That's why Jack and Davis hold a tight grip on free speech. They all know that Speaking Up is the most powerful thing we can do ... so they try to crush that and make people afraid to say certain things.

Thanks Sam.    :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:24 pm

Here's another Jordan Peterson video sent to me by Craig:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-aDisCBaK94

Craig also sent me this great speech by Norman Schwarzkopf:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgWCdqKYY-k

These are my notes from the speech:

Leadership is not managership.

Leaders lead people.

The challenge of leadership is to get people to do what they normally would not otherwise do.

Competence is important, but Character is the most important.

99% of failures were not from competence failure but from character failure.

Leadership is Character.

Leaders are respected because they accept responsibility.

You can delegate authority but not responsibility.

The true rewards of leadership come from the leadership itself.

Several points:

1. No organizations get better unless leaders admit something is wrong.

2. Leaders set goals. Goals are only meaningful if everyone understands their role in the goals. Goals are used to focus and limit.

3. Standards. Sets the measure of success. Leaders establish high standards

4. Failure is contagious. Success is infectious. Leaders reinforce success.

5. Leaders establish latitude to learn.

6. Great leaders don't tell people how to do their job.

Two rules for 21st century leadership:

1. Rule 13 - When placed in command, take charge. Do something.

2. Rule 14 - Do what's right.

Full circle back to character.

Character is doing what's right when you know you could get away with doing what's wrong.

Why did you lose faith in your country?

If the world is only going to have one superpower, thank God it's the United States.

America is the people.

Rule 13 and Rule 14.

Do what's right.

Thanks Craig!!    :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

The Monsterous Element and Self Alignment

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:08 am

The Monsterous Element and Self Alignment

Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:02 am

Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Craig Muhonen » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:50 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A6g_geYeL4U

JBP

There are "wordsmiths", then there are "word masters", and "thinkers".

I am adding Mikhaila and her lion and her mom to this mix.
I can't even imagine losing your ankle and hip at such a young age, and then all the heavy drugs, then a baby. Good on ya Mikhaila.
They have "risked" all, but a solid family rewards, every time.

Jordans' wife Tammy is recovering from major cancer surgery.....prayers.

Craig
Sometimes you gotta' push the stick forward while you're lookn' at the ground
Craig Muhonen
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:27 pm

I know I've already posted this video, but it's so good, that I can't watch it too many times. It holds a special meaning for me today, and I sometimes can't fathom how lucky I am to call Bill Cummings my friend. Thanks (again) Bill.    :salute:

"Don't underestimate the power of your speech."
                                                                 - Jordan Peterson

"Don't underestimate the power of truth. There is nothing more powerful."
                                                                                                                       - Jordan Peterson

"Nothing brings a better world into being better than the stated truth."
                                                                                                                 - Jordan Peterson

"It is not safe to speak. ... It's even less safe not to speak."
                                                                                 - Jordan Peterson

"The truth is what redeems the world from hell."
                                                                 - Jordan Peterson
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bill Cummings » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:36 pm

The NSA has data on every phone call, text, or social media post
since before 2013 when American Whistle Blower Edward Joseph Snowden leaked numerous global surveillance programs.
There is so much stuff that it usually takes someone to speak out and stand out enough to draw the attention of the social media thought police. If you dare step too far away from your allowed safe space
and someone complains to the social media thought police you may face being put in timeout, shadow banned, demonetized, or totally banned.
(There is discussion online that YouTube demonetized and even blocking Jordan Petersen of Canada for his views that came to light in 2016. It was about Bill C-16 concerning gender identity compelled speech.)
Before George Floyd was murdered people were chastised for saying, black lives matter, by people that were saying, all lives matter or even blue lives matter. Complaints to various social media platforms were attempts to block someone’s free speech.
People were being accused of not adhering to community guidelines
or not keeping comments respectful. So next we have the thought police making decisions about which free speech is disrespectful or outside platform guidelines.
Different business are requiring employees to attend Unconscious Bias training where one might suppose that your thought processes have come to light (And by the way they have your purchasing records.) that your past purchasing of white refrigerators and toilet paper has not gone unnoticed. It reveals much about you. You having not addressed this topic is further proof of your unconscious bias.
Make no mistake about it – this will all come home to roost. Be prepared to defend your speech because censorship comes with cost. It’s not free.
Bill Cummings
Contributor
Contributor

Next

Return to Non-HG Blogs