new u$hPa member cards

Forum for SW Texas Hang Gliders Club - Southwest Texas

Re: new u$hPa member cards

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:21 am

SamKellner wrote:You might have them remove the P-4 on your member card. :srofl: :P

They might as well remove the P4 and H4 since I can't use either at my home site of Torrey Pines. And now Mark Forbes - who is a member of USHPA's "Executive Committee" - is taking pot shots at me behind my back over on the Oz Forum where he knows I can't even respond.

USHPA has really become a sick organization.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby SamKellner » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:12 pm

Re: USHPA membership card Mon Jun 1, 2015 6:58 pm

We had a motherboard failure of our server at the office. We're already in the process of migrating much of our stuff to external servers, apart from a few things like large media files that aren't currently practical to host outside. Our accounting software is moving this week, and we hope to have most of the system migrated in a month or so. Our failed server was new in 2008, so we've gotten a lot of use out of it. It's back up and running again, but we know we need to move to a redundant platform and we're doing that. By later this summer that failure mode should be gone.

That said, it's not hard to print out a paper copy as a backup and stuff it in your wallet somewhere.

MGF
http://ozreport.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 3&start=20

I'd like to get others opinion on just what is happening here with the u$hPa .

"migrating much of our stuff" ??

"By later this summer that failure mode should be gone". :shock: :? :problem: :wtf:
Southwest Texas Hang Gliders
US Hawks Hang Gliding Assn.
Chapter #4
SamKellner
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:19 pm

SamKellner wrote:"migrating much of our stuff" ??

"By later this summer that failure mode should be gone". :shock: :? :problem: :wtf:

I think USHPA used to have a full time IT guy named Rick (not Rick Masters), but I don't know what happened to him. It may be that they're out-sourcing their computer technology because they can't do it in house any more. To be fair, the US Hawks site is hosted externally, but that's because we started so small. I would prefer to have our own server for better security and control. It doesn't surprise me that USHPA is moving the other direction.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Previous

Return to SW Texas Hang Gliders Forum