Columbus Day Gathering in Alamogordo, New Mexico

Forum for SW Texas Hang Gliders Club - Southwest Texas

Columbus Day Gathering in Alamogordo, New Mexico

Postby RobinHastings » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:40 pm

Attention all pilots! We in the Rio Grande Soaring Association would like to invite you to our annual Columbus Day Gathering next month, in Alamogordo, New Mexico. No entry fees, just come out and fly! We have a welcoming community in Alamogordo, the air in October can be really good, and the scenery is wonderful. (In 20 minutes you can be in Cloudcroft above Alamogordo, enjoying tall pines and brilliant golden aspen trees.) We'll have a barbecue and lots of good visiting around the campfire. (Free camping.) If I can be of help to you in any way, give me a call at 575-541-5744, or send me an email at RNHastings@zianet.com

Come into Alamogordo and get onto Hwy 54/70. (Whether you come from the south via El Paso, the east via Artesia, the north or the west, you'll wind up on Hwy 54/70, which is called "White Sands Blvd." as you cruise through the town.) Come to Fairgrounds Drive, which is right by the White Sands Mall and has a stoplight on it; turn east towards the mountains on Fairgrounds. Follow it past the next stoplight (Florida Avenue) and the baseball fields and the Bark Park. At the yellow metal gate, turn into the LZ, and go to the shade structure at the northwest corner. See you there and then!
-Robin
RobinHastings
Contributor
Contributor

Return to SW Texas Hang Gliders Forum