RGSA Web Site: http://rgsa.info  

Media

Rio Grande Soaring Association Forum

Re: Media

Postby JanZ » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:13 pm

It hit the reserve container and the engine was off by then, but you're right, that's why it has to go out more, just to make sure it won't hit anything.
As you can see, you can't have to much fun when flying with it either, so it looks like it is more something for XC flights.

JanZ
Contributor
Contributor

Training at the Sod Farm Sunday Feb. 07

Postby JanZ » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:05 pm

I took some videos of Heather and Ken training at the Sod Farm on Sunday

JanZ
Contributor
Contributor

Dry Canyon Feb. 10

Postby JanZ » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:42 am

My friend Lindsey and her boyfriend Luke visitied on the way back from Valle de Bravo.
We went up Dry Canyon just to realise that some how the tailgate on my truck was open and we lost all our gear. So panic set in, we hauled a** down hill and found our stuff on the way down, nothing but a litte dirt happend to it. We all launched winthin 10 minutes at about 11am in 10 mph wind. After 2 hrs everybody landed within 20 Minutes, had some lunch and we decided to go up again so I can retreive my truck and the guests go for the glass off. Most interesting thing was, that the tailgate of my friends truck came open somehow and we lost all our gear and almost everything else that was on the truckbed
:oops:
We went down again picking stuff up along the way, went up, I got my truck, went to my place, got my motor and launched about 45 minutes after them to meet them in the air. We had an awesome glass off flight, despite all the truble we had that day.
JanZ
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JanZ » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:38 pm

Bill C, Robin H, and myself (Jan Zschenderlein) went to Dry Canyon yesterday afternoon.
Here're a couple of scenes from what looks to be the last
Dry Canyon PG-MidDay flight till fall.
I launched around 1pm on my Apco glider. Strong and gusty winds, combined with a glider that didn't want to come overhead, led to 2 aborted launches. I finally let the trimmers about 1/4 out and it all worked out. It was big up and big down the whole time, nothing scary though. I got 1hr35m of active flying training ;)

http://www.dhv-xc.de/xc/modules/leonardo/index.php?name=leonardo&op=show_flight&flightID=710601

JanZ
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bill Cummings » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:09 pm

JanZ wrote:Bill C, Robin H, and myself (Jan Zschenderlein) went to Dry Canyon yesterday afternoon.
Here're a couple of scenes from what looks to be the last
Dry Canyon PG-MidDay flight till fall.
I launched around 1pm on my Apco glider. Strong and gusty winds, combined with a glider that didn't want to come overhead, led to 2 aborted launches. I finally let the trimmers about 1/4 out and it all worked out. It was big up and big down the whole time, nothing scary though. I got 1hr35m of active flying training ;)

http://www.dhv-xc.de/xc/modules/leonardo/index.php?name=leonardo&op=show_flight&flightID=710601

_________________________________________________________________________________
We taking a picture of Jan while Jan taking a picture of we.
Jan, Dry, 3.11.2016.PNG
Jan, Dry, 3.11.2016.PNG (365.91 KiB) Viewed 7115 times
Bill Cummings
Contributor
Contributor

Postby RobinHastings » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:55 pm

Nice video, Jan! And a nice photo of him, Bill. It was great to be in the air with you guys again. Now that we're back on Daylight Savings Time, we'll have some chances for evening flights together. Keep me in the loop!
-Robin
RobinHastings
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JanZ » Fri May 13, 2016 10:32 pm

Here's my best flight from FL this Year.
Love Doarama, it's so cool to see how the others did!

http://doarama.com/view/748737
JanZ
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bill Cummings » Sat May 14, 2016 7:34 pm

Great Flight Jan. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Bill Cummings
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JanZ » Sun May 15, 2016 6:47 am

JanZ
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sun May 15, 2016 7:03 am

Ditto on the great flight. The graphics are super!!!!
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Rio Grande Soaring Association