Sign in, say "hi", ... and be welcomed.

Salute to Mike Jefferson!!

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:41 pm

Salute to Mike Jefferson!

:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:
:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Mike Jefferson did a very cool thing for the US Hawks recently. I don't want to publicly say what it was because that might spoil its effectiveness, but I do want to thank him very publicly. If anyone (who has my phone number) wants to know more, please feel free to give me a call. All I can say for now is that it was very cool, and very clever.

Thanks Mike!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Salute to Mike Jefferson!!

Postby SamKellner » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:34 pm

Way to go Mike !
Southwest Texas Hang Gliders
US Hawks Hang Gliding Assn.
Chapter #4
SamKellner
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Rick Masters » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:01 pm

:srofl:
:salute:
Rick Masters
Contributor
Contributor

Postby slopeskimmer » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:23 pm

Thanks Guys!

I did what I thought was right. I fought to open Ed Levin Park to all hang gliding pilots regardless of their organization or club affiliation. I am now working on our other publicly owned site to release the USHPA death grip there. It won't be long before these USHPA bullies will be ghosts of the past. :thumbup:
Mike Jefferson
USHPA #76175 H-4
AUA #1005 Master Pilot, Advanced Instructor, Tandem Instructor, Regional Director
US Hawks #63 (all previous ratings recognized)

Read more: http://forum.hanggliding.org/viewtopic. ... z5CfNHiMvt
slopeskimmer
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Frank Colver » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:19 am

Whoa!! Mike, I'll call Bob to find out the details but I sure like your statement above.

If USHPA was still a club to promote flying and flying sites they would have made opening sites to no required insurance a long time ago. That should have always been top priority.

I used to donate every year (during all those years I wasn't hang gliding anymore) to the foundation's site preservation fund but I quit when I realized that they were only helping with USHPA controlled sites. :thumbdown:

Frank
Frank Colver
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JoeF » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:04 pm

Mike,
Thank you!
:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

View pilots' hang gliding rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
JoeF
Contributor
Contributor

Postby wingspan33 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:22 pm

I have no idea what the "thank yous" are about :think: but I guess I'll say thanks too. Thanks!

Man, you're such a loser! ; - ) lol
wingspan33
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:34 pm

You have to dig around "The Basement" to find where USHPA buries its dirty deeds on hanggliding.org ...

By dayhead-  Sun Jul 10, 2011

I just got the latest issue of the USHPA magazine. It mentions that two instructor pilots have had their ratings revoked.This arouses my curiosity. Anyone here know why this happened?
   :
OK, on page 15 "This Just In", it says that a Michael Jefferson is losing his instructor and both Tandem ratings.

By oshi-  Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:28 am

what Mike Jefferson? i took 2 lessons with him in 08, then stopped because of work but he was a Great freaking teacher. What did he do?

By Wing Man-  Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:47 am

I'm gonna do it...

Mike was taken down by the tyrannies of evil! He did break the rules and the official statements have been hidden as much as possible. If you know Mike and how to reach him you should reach out to him and try to offer some support and find out the truth!

A HG conspiracy between competing schools and the power that the upper levels of the USHPA leaders abuse. I'm sure that there are now snipers and assassins on their way to take me out as I type the rest of this. I, and those that know the truth, know that Mike Jeffersons lively hood was striped from him. He was given unfair and unreasonable punishment for breaking the rules. Ask him and ask anyone that knows, and you will find out that he stands no chance of getting his ratings back if he has to fight this fight on his own. He needs the help of the public eye, public opinion, and backing of those that are willing to stand for a just cause, if he is to win his ratings, and lively hood back.

Bluntly... Mike Jefferson was punished for becoming the #1 most successful HG school in the Bay Area. The opposing powers let Mike hang himself and when he did, they made it such a public spectacle that the "Sheep" followed and supported the unjust punishment without question.

This finally comes to the public forum after almost 1 yr... it goes to show how quiet and rushed things were by those that were the executors.

I will not argue any of this out on this forum. I encourage EVERYONE on this board to question the "Mike Jefferson" conspiracy and find out the truth on their own. Go underground, find out the truth, spread the word to more, once there is more knowledge and strength, we should make our actions known to the community and publicly demand reinstatement of his ratings, on this forum AND by letters (By each one of us) to the USHPA Regional directors and Executive board members.

Feel free to PM me and I will point you in the right direction. But this will be the last I speak of this on this forum until we are ready to put our plan into action. The USHPA is supposed to be a NonProfit working for the members. If enough of us stand together then by definition things should be changed.

By SeeMarkFly-  Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:41 pm

A Hang Glider Tragedy

(Written, Directed, and Produced by Mark Webber)

(Screenplay by Mike Jefferson)

(From the musical “Lakeview’s Tragic Tangos”) 

This story is fictional, any resemblance to real people is your problem, not mine.

Names have been changed to protect people not named Pat.

I live in a region that grows alfalfa. It is the preferred crop around here because it can SNOW on any given day of the year, and that would ruin any other crop. So we grow the stuff that will grow and we deal with any of the problems that might arise from THAT “chosen path”.

We encourage alfalfa to grow ANYWHERE it can, and we discourage weeds growing ANYTIME we can.

This is not a weird analogy, this is not a weird analogy, this is not a weird analogy.

Most of these farmers are bored out of their minds and when I ask them if we can land in their field, they say yes.

When I ask them if they are worried about damaging anything, they just laugh and say, “I’d like to see you try and hurt that bale of hay”.

When I ask them if they are worried about being sued, they say, “YOU jumped the fence and got hurt and then you want me to pay? No thanks”.

So there is Mark, flying around Lakeview, threatening bales of hay and entertaining farmers. Life is good!

One day after landing, the farmer’s daughter was standing beside the fence and said, “I really like your glider”, so I inviter her over to experience a bit of “therapy”. I held her tight as we swooped down the slope together, she thanked me for “making her day”. It was no big deal really, 5 seconds in the air and only two feet of altitude, she didn’t even need a helmet (but I made her wear one anyway). She fell in love with the air, what started as a chance meeting turned into an annual affair. The winds of fate would place me in her yard, she would come running out of the house hopeful it was me. She looked so pretty leaning on the fence, batting her eyelashes and smiling. I would sweat and stink.

Her voice suddenly raises an octave, “I really like your glider”.

Unbeknownst to them, Pat had been watching. Pat did not understand what these two saw in running down the hill together. His only real love was money, that’s the only thing in his life that was always there for him. Pat could always count on money.

What Pat did notice is that the field made a nice landing zone, and within an easy glide of a real nice launch. So Pat called up the USHpA and ordered up a “hang gliding site” package deal. Complete with waivers and an 800 number.

Mark was not much of a business man and was completely unaware of anything going on, so when he went to set up his glider, Pat stopped him. “You can’t fly here,” he said.

“I live here, I always fly here” Mark replied.

“You need a license to fly here” Quipped Pat.

“I never needed a license before” the other one (Mark) said.

“This is a recognized USHpA flying site, insured for one MILLION dollars”. Pat retorted.

“It’s only bales of hay!” chuckled Mark.

“Get with it” snorted Pat “These are litigious times, You need protection to fly now”.

“How are you going to protect me, I don’t need any protection, I don’t WANT any protection” Mark protested.

“Oh no, the protection is not for you, it’s for the Site or the Spectator. They pay the lawyer, not you” patted Pat.

Mark choked ”That doesn’t make any sense!”.

“That’s why you aren’t in business” smiling Pat.

“OK, OK, but I want to fly. How much?” resigned Mark.

“You want the daily rate or a package deal” Pat inquired.

“I want to fly” guessed Mark.

“195 dollars please” hyped Pat.

“I don’t have that kind of money, I got into hang gliding because it is the cheapest way to fly” lied Mark.

Pat was ready “It still is”.

Well it took Mark many weeks to save up enough to fly his favorite site so his skills had diminished a bit and (being a small town) all the townsfolk had heard about the new million dollar insurance policy. When Mark actually did get in the air, he gyrated a bit more than usual and the townsfolk saw this and wondered if this was that thing worth a million bucks so they strained their necks watching Mark’s new protection.

The other lawyer in town filed a class action suit for the strained necks (because he might get a million bucks).

The townsfolk closed down the flying site (because only the lawyers were making money).

Mark moved on, looking for the America he once knew and loved.

Pat set off to find another hang glider site to “protect”.

The farmer’s daughter no longer sits by the window, hoping to see that brightly colored wing. One day a traveling salesman stopped by and she kind of turned into a slut.

By liftlover-  Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:54 am

Has anybody else noticed mike's jury is made up of Pat Denavin's Friends ? He should be judged by people not associated with mission soaring center. This has become a personal vendetta for dave wills, people reporting directly to him from ed levin park anytime mike shows up.
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Rick Masters » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:44 pm

I smell stink wafting over the Sierras...

I thought we were going to get a beautiful love story.
Instead, we get stink. What happened?
Rick Masters
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:56 pm

Rick Masters wrote:I thought we were going to get a beautiful love story.
Instead, we get stink. What happened?

You know the saying .... "USHPA happens".
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Next
Forum Statistics