Sign in, say "hi", ... and be welcomed.

Lake County’s Umpteenth Festival of Free Flight 2012

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:57 pm

I just got this flyer:

Lakeview_umpteenth_2012s.png
Lakeview_umpteenth_2012s.png (192.19 KiB) Viewed 13062 times

This has been a great event in the past, and I encourage everyone to attend if they can find the time!!

:clap: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :) :thumbup: :) :clap: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :) :thumbup: :) :clap: :clap: :thumbup:

PS, Here's a text version of that flyer for search engines and/or anyone else's convenience:

Lake County’s Umpteenth
Festival of Free Flight

Where: The Skies of Lake County
Lakeview, Oregon

When: July 4th - July 7th

Lake County has 5 launch sites along with the best thermals in the world! Since the early 1980’s we have been welcoming both Hang Gliders and Paragliders.

Don’t miss out on the Cash Prizes and Golden Hammer Award! Come join in all the festivities that will be happening that weekend.

Pre-registration is now - June 18th $30
After June 18th it’s $35

Pre-Register on our website at:
http://www.lakecountychamber.org

877-947-6040

Ahenry@lakecountychamber.org
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Lake County’s Umpteenth Festival of Free Flight 2012

Postby SamKellner » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:16 pm

That place has to be one of the best spots in the US for flying.

What I noticed yesterday, when I first saw it, was how the Lakeview Chamber of Commerce is behind the fly-in in a big way. :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup:
Southwest Texas Hang Gliders
US Hawks Hang Gliding Assn.
Chapter #4
SamKellner
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bill Cummings » Wed May 23, 2012 9:21 pm

Four of us Duluth Skyline Sky Dogs are kicking around the idea of meeting there instead of Chelan WA this time but nothing in stone yet. :?
Bill Cummings
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:18 am

I just got this email update from Jennie:

Hey Everyone!!

Just wanted to send out a friendly reminder that June 18th is the last day to pre-register for the price of $30. June 19th until July 5th the price to register will be $35. Don't miss out on Cash Prizes!! Hope to see you July 4th for registration at the Lake County Chamber of Commerce. For more information or for questions please call me at 877-947-6040. You can also check out our web site www.lakecountychamber.org and click on the Festival of Free Flight tab!

Thank you for your time,
Jennie Steward
Office Manager
Lake County Chamber of Commerce
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:19 pm

I just got an email message from Jennie Steward of the Lake County Chamber of Commerce. Here's what she sent:

Jennie wrote:Hey Everyone!!

We are trying our hardest to give every Pilot a chance to participate in our Festival! So, since you have to be registered with USHPA in order to be in our contest, we have worked with USHPA on temporary licensing with them! For only $3 you can become a temporary USHPA member and join in our competitions!!! YAY! Don't forget CASH PRIZES, amazing other prizes and every registered pilot is entered into our door prize raffle that will be drawn at the annual Feeley Feed!! I hope everyone is as excited for this as I am!

If you wouldn't mind passing this along, I would truely appreciate it! I wish you could make it out!!

Thank you for your time,
Jennie Steward
Office Manager
Lake County Chamber of Commerce
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Forum Statistics