Sign in, say "hi", ... and be welcomed.

Re: 50th Anniversary of Otto Meet - May 23, 2021

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:56 am

Frank Colver wrote:As far as I know there hasn’t been anyone organizing a 50th anniversary of the 1st Lilienthal meet for this coming May 23rd.

Technically, the U.S. Hawks has been working on this since Aug 31, 2019 12:38 pm (see original post in this topic). At this point, the consensus has been to "organize" it to the same degree as the original meet. :)

Unfortunately - and unlike the original meet - not everyone will be able to participate this year. That's what USHPA and commercialization have brought to the sport of hang gliding.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Re: 50th Anniversary of Otto Meet - May 23, 2021

Postby Frank Colver » Wed May 05, 2021 10:43 am

MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE "OTTO 50th DAY" AT DOCKWEILER BEACH, CA

Although Joe Greblo no longer owns and operates Windsports Flight School, at Dockweiler Beach, they have asked him to run the bluff operations that day (May 23). The school will not have an instructor available for use by the Otto meet attendees, so Joe says that current and past HG pilots can fly but no instruction is available for beginners. The school will be operating for their own students.

I assume that, as in the past, those without current USHPA insurance, wanting to fly, will need to purchase a temporary 30 day membership which is not very expensive. Those temp memberships are available in the Windsports office. Also the county charges anyone flying a $5 day use fee, also payable in the office.

Frank
Frank Colver
Contributor
Contributor

Previous
Forum Statistics