Sign in, say "hi", ... and be welcomed.

Re: The 5 ft-packed-HG Movement

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sun Jul 21, 2024 5:18 pm

Semper Fidelis wrote:Here is a very precise hint to remember: No disassembling part has a screw !
If you can not assemble and disassemble a HG whithout tool, this is not as HG, periode.

I am very happy to hear that! I bought my Falcon when I heard that it had a short packing option. But it is a lot of work, and it requires removing screws that are tapped into aluminum tubes. I don't think the aluminum can take many cycles of removing and replacing those screws no matter how carefully it's done.

Semper Fidelis wrote:PS : I'm sorry to realise that we are only four participants on this topic today... Do you know potential others to wake them up ?

I'll quote Rick Masters again:

Rick Masters wrote:People talk about the sport of hang gliding dying. It's not dying. It's being murdered. By the U$hPA.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Semper Fidelis » Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:47 am

JoeF wrote:Postby JoeF » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:26 am (p. 73)
When will a happy packer show up to be filmed by Eric? :?: :?: :?:

Contact him to ask him his disponibilities between October and November in LA :wave:

Semper Fidelis
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Semper Fidelis » Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:55 am

JoeF wrote:Postby JoeF » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:18 pm (p. 72)

Would this be included in the TDHGC? Flying saucer HG? Disk HG? Circle HG?
https://ushawks.org/forum/download/file.php?id=12972

Wahoooo the Circle HG, incredible, I love it ! Where can we see/test this ?! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Semper Fidelis
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JoeF » Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:57 pm

I've not been able to find anything on that circle HG besides the photograph.

View pilots' hang gliding rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
JoeF
Contributor
Contributor

Postby dhmartens » Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:36 pm

What does all this mean to imported paragliders and a domestic 5 foot hang glider movement?

Since there are no videos of Joe Biden in 5 days some say he may be dead.
dhmartens
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JoeF » Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:15 am

Busable Biplane Hang Glider Four-Foot Packing?
Strut-tube tapering?
Socks?
Compression ribs?
Spar-segment tapering? Nestables?
Loops, lark's heads, stop knots?
... oh my ...

JoeF
Contributor
Contributor

4 ft-packed-HG Biplane? Busable?

Postby JoeF » Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:20 am

Busable Biplane Hang Glider Four-Foot Packing?
Strut-tube tapering? Nestables.
Two socks?
Compression ribs?
Spar-segment tapering? Nestables?
Loops, lark's heads, stop knots?
.... only? What could be a minimal expression?
High-hat pitch control rather than rear tailing?
... oh my ...
Stepwise telescopic spar segments:
CBABC
CBABC
CBABC
CBABC
AA cockpit chord struts
Then thin ribs.
Then 12 low-OD vertical struts.
High hat: ???

======================
Tote:
C in B in A for one space-user. ABC. Six of these. Some ribs inside these?
C in B: BC. Two of these. Some ribs inside these?
D,E,F DEF vertical struts: Four of these nested trios.
Gathering of couplers and lines.
Two socks with access regions.

JoeF
Contributor
Contributor

Postby dhmartens » Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:35 pm

The secret of the telescopic glider prototype.

https://www.amazon.com/DT420-Two-Loop-R ... B001BBIBGW
https://www.ebay.com/itm/262627265334?c ... QwQAvD_BwE

Jamie Dimon the CEO of JPMorgan Chase has offerred me a $1,000 loan at 6% to develope this prototype but he thinks this forum has been paid off by the real estate industry to promote paragliding (because of storage costs). High housing prices promote paragliding which has gone from a 1 to 1 sales ratio to a 14 to 1 sales ratio because Ushpa and other insiders are more interested in house prices as they are owners, than personal flight. Only renters should be allowed to post in this thread.

Why no one is developing one is they are paid off by the real estate sector.
buy 2 of those for $10 no one has done this because they own real estate and have no interest in developing a 5 foot hang glider.
dhmartens
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Chris McKeon » Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:50 pm

OK this Short Packing of One's Glider, My Glider if I ever get to use this great looking idea. So, I am wondering why are there no Posts regarding a Pilot Who was Flying an XC route, when this Pilot Sunk out, thus having to land. So, this Pilot who I do not know. Just Broke down their Glider., then Back Packed His or Her Glider to the nearest road. What I am saying, and asking is why are there no Stories of a scenario such as I described having taken Place? I would love to read about how a Pilot, or Pilots have used this Great looking Set up.
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JoeF » Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:42 am

Chris, the stories will arrive, I bet, when someone does such as you described. But even before that there might be stories of conservative flights with a TPHG 5 ft or 4 ft or 1 meter, or so, when such occurs. We look to the soon future for such first flights. First qualifying wings will probably span sub types of TPHG. There may be a type that is heavier than normal; maybe a type that matches the weight of a normal floater; maybe a type that is significantly lower in mass than a recreational floater; maybe a type that rigid; maybe a type that is biplane; maybe an inflatable type; maybe a hybrid of some sort. The coming TPHGs (tiny-packed hang gliders) may show up in several types and weights. Some first shows may be suitable ONLY for small conservative glides; but some might be fit for less conservative flights. The stories are not yet written because the flights have not yet occurred. :roll:
========================
TPHG may well be seen as a child of Otto Lilienthal:
Absolutely, the term "father" can extend beyond biological parenthood to describe individuals who have pioneered fields, influenced generations, or significantly contributed to the development of a discipline. Otto Lilienthal is often referred to as the "father of hang gliding" because of his groundbreaking work in aviation and gliding. His contributions have inspired countless hang glider pilots, metaphorically making them his "children" in the field of aviation.

**Otto Lilienthal (1848-1896)**: A German aviation pioneer, Lilienthal was the first person to make well-documented, repeated, successful gliding flights. His work in the late 19th century laid the foundation for modern aviation. He meticulously studied the flight of birds, conducted numerous experiments, and built several types of gliders. His book *"Birdflight as the Basis of Aviation"* provided valuable insights into aerodynamics and influenced other aviation pioneers, including the Wright brothers.

Lilienthal's legacy is seen in the ongoing development and passion of hang glider pilots worldwide. His innovative spirit, dedication to understanding flight, and the courage to experiment have earned him a place as a foundational figure in aviation history. The "children" of Lilienthal are those who continue to explore, develop, and enjoy the sport and science of hang gliding, carrying forward his pioneering spirit and dedication to human flight. Otto Lilienthal strove for compact packing of a hang glider; that spirit erupts in the bosom of this forum in this topic thread.

JoeF
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics