Personal Journals about Hang Gliding

Phoenix Condor Chris!

Postby Chris McKeon » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:19 pm

OK I have a Question: IN a purely Fantasy engagement If {I} were Flying my old Falcon One Two Twenty Five. While {I} was also Flying an 235 Alpha. Which Glider would out-Climb the Other Glider? I know that this Must Sound a little bit Silly. But in My fantasy comparison. If it was a deal that {I} was Flying both Gliders in the same Thermal. If this comparison of Two Gliders ability to Climb could Be made, while taking out the difference in Pilot Skill to work a Thermal being a Factor.

Well on another Flying Topic. I will Most likely Be Flying George H's. WW Condor two thirty five this Saturday or on Sunday.

Everyone can call Me Condor Chris, Phoenix Guy in the Sky!
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Future Flight of this Phonex Pilot

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:36 am

Chris McKeon wrote:I realize that many of You might think that I am one Busted up, Brain injured Predator Pilot.

Chris, many of us also see you as an inspiration in perseverance.   :salute:

Chris McKeon wrote:Well on another Flying Topic. I will Most likely Be Flying George H's. WW Condor two thirty five this Saturday or on Sunday.

Like I said, an inspiration in perseverance.   :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

By the way, last week was your 9th year anniversary with the Hawks.   :clap: :wave: :thumbup:
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Chris McKeon » Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:49 am

"MIGHT BE"

You know I have been told things such as; "Hell the way I and many of Us see it, If You pounded as good as You were regarding Landing. The way We see Your accident as a "Call to Arms" so to speak" Regarding bring our landings up to Par." Yes Hearing other Pilots, Good Pilots by the way expressing kind Thoughts regarding My ability to Fly. Gives me a sense that Maybe I just Had; "ONE VERY BAD DAY".

John once Told Me; "I might know of one Pilot who might be a better lander than You." John knows everyone we know that about John. Soo When John said to Me how there Might be "ONE PILOT" who might be a better lander than You. I keyed into John saying the Words Might be.

But for whatever reason, on March 28th 2010 I messed up. I took the expression of having experienced a Pounding. i guess I took that to a new Level to a whole new Level.

So this Predator Pilot, well this Predator Pilot with a Plan. My Plan is to Fly a Condor, then John's T-2, then My 158 Predator. I hope to haver some of my longest XC Flights ever flying Mt Predator.

But Truly My Greatest Flight ever in over Two decades will be when i Fly that W-W 230 Condor. When i get to thinking about Walking, extending Steps longer and longer, into where I stride that great Big Bird into the Air, it gives me chills.

good by; the phoenix guy, wgho WIIL BE back in the SKY!
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Chris McKeon » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:24 pm

Well I sit, amd I walk around on the Ground. Yet I know that i belong up in the Sky, OH MY! I wonder if I will have XC flights like I used to. Trust Me My PREDATOR COULD COVER Ground, what a Glider.

NUt what really does strike Me is the Thought that just Maybe I will Fly this coming Weekend. For the mere Fact that I will Fly is a stunning reality. I believe that I will truly enjoy My First Flight in Twelve Years, Four Months will be mind blowing. You see I failed, I have failed to live down to My Kaiser Doctors Prognosis's. No I had no intention of drooling into a cup, and I did indeed get out of Bed, and I can now walk. I even can jog a little. Upon regaining copiousness in that Kaiser Hospitals ICU unit. I was told what an insensitive inept downright cruel Doctor had said about My chances regarding recovery had said about me; That I would never walk again, How I would be a Potato. Me a Potato? I have been called some bad things before, But a Vegetable, Me?

Yes this Phoenix Pilot is going to Fly, quoit possibly this coming weekend. I am sure that My return to Free-Flight will not be a Big Mile XC Day, nor will I need to carry my Oxygen. Nothing like that to make My Flight noteworthy. But I do know that even if I only Fly say a Hundred Yards or so. When this Phoenix Flies does Fly the Flight will Be ]EPIC]
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Chris McKeon » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:12 pm

Most of you Guys must know by know that 12 Years ago March Twenty Eight, I nearly, I almost failed My; "REALITRY CHECK" that quite nearly ended My days of Flying Forever.

But that was Then, and This ids now. I am so looking to Flying that HUGE! 330 Square Foot Glider, that W-W Condor. One thing that really has Me tripping out is the Gliders tendency to become divergent when One induces a Bank angle. I mean it just seems that it is not right to have such a great Big Glider that cannot make safe turn.

Look i Realize that the Glider is intended to be a training Glider that will be used so as to teach Raw Beginners how to Hold the Glider, point it into the Wind. Set the Angle of attack, launch and Glide Straight down a training Hill, then Land. Well wills-Wing tends to release Gliders Before the Bugs in their design have not Been worked out. Casr in Point The Talon, the T-2, the T-3, and so on, and so on. so maybe the Condor 2 will have this divergent issue sorted out.
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Chris McKeon » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:38 am

Ok check this thought of Mine out. Well i have been watching the thread regarding short Packing One's Glider with interest. For as many of You already know. I am in the Process of getting to Where I can get back to My Home, My True Home that is. Yes My Home is up in the Sky, Flying! So I want to be as self contained as possible, I tend to Push it regarding I will tend to Fly over No-Mans Land. Heck I did not do anything Right, or anything Wrong, while Flying XC. But I was always an aggressive Pilot when I flew XC. But as any XC Pilot Knows. When You are out Flying XC. You can tend to Get low. So even though I never completely sunk out to the Point that I had to consider landing a Couple if Miles from a Road. Thee were a Couple of Times Wen I goy down to only a Couple of Hundred feet before I began Climbing back Up. I know that even though I have lost a hundred Pluss Pounds. It really is only a Matter of time before I Hit The Deck.

That is why I am so keen on the concept where I could pack a Set of Wheels in My Predator. Upon landing, I will be able to Break down MY Glider, attach the wheels and Wheel My Predator to the Nearest Road, without enduring a Back breaking Journey.

Ok this Is My Thread, I am asking all of You For Your thoughts regarding My Plight. Thank-You Chris.
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Chris McKeon » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:23 pm

So being that will be Flying Hopefully i wil Fly on either Saturday, or on Sunday. i a perfect World I would Fly on Both Days. But I am so limited as to where I am able to Go. Such as being able legally to drive My Truck with My incredible Altair Predator on top. No can not drive Myself to a Launch legally that is. But My {Plan - B is to have My Friend "PILOT - X come pick Me up and We both go to a Site where I will Fly George's Condor. I just want to Fly!
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bill Cummings » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:30 pm

Chris McKeon wrote:Ok check this thought of Mine out. Well i have been watching the thread regarding short Packing One's Glider with interest. For as many of You already know. I am in the Process of getting to Where I can get back to My Home, My True Home that is. Yes My Home is up in the Sky, Flying! So I want to be as self contained as possible, I tend to Push it regarding I will tend to Fly over No-Mans Land. Heck I did not do anything Right, or anything Wrong, while Flying XC. But I was always an aggressive Pilot when I flew XC. But as any XC Pilot Knows. When You are out Flying XC. You can tend to Get low. So even though I never completely sunk out to the Point that I had to consider landing a Couple if Miles from a Road. Thee were a Couple of Times Wen I goy down to only a Couple of Hundred feet before I began Climbing back Up. I know that even though I have lost a hundred Pluss Pounds. It really is only a Matter of time before I Hit The Deck.

That is why I am so keen on the concept where I could pack a Set of Wheels in My Predator. Upon landing, I will be able to Break down MY Glider, attach the wheels and Wheel My Predator to the Nearest Road, without enduring a Back breaking Journey.

Ok this Is My Thread, I am asking all of You For Your thoughts regarding My Plight. Thank-You Chris.

Chris,
I once landed near the S W edge of town where I lived. I folded my wing but only as far as leaving it sitting on the control frame. After zipping my harness bag closed I hung it near the nose plate to partially counter weight the heavier part of the glider that’s behind the control frame. I picked up the folded wingtips and drug the glider backward on it’s
little plastic wheels. On the residential paved streets it worked fine. Bigger wheels would be necessary for off pavement. The basetube being so close to the ground due to the little plastic wheels requires LOW vegetation if off road. Following the pavement home the distance traveled was about a third of a mile.
Bill Cummings
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Chris McKeon » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:44 pm

Bill I can see how that Might work as You described. I took note of what You said about Wheel diameter. You know this issue of landing not smack dab next to a road. having the problem of having the Person coming to retrieve You is not an issue that Only i have had. Because When One is Flying cross Country other {MORE IMPORTANT THINGS} that would dictate what Direction that You Fly. Things Like wich way the Clouds are lined up. Other than having an Easy retrieve if You do encounter some of dreaded Four Letter Word SINK. I mean heck there must be many XC Pilots who have dealt with how to get their Glider to the nearest Pave road. So I am all Ears. Please let Me know ho You Guys have dealt with the; I sunk Out. I need to get My Glider to the Road Deal, Thanks Chris.

Also Bob I realize that once again I did use a Four Letter Word; "SINK". I hope that i am OK with You.
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Chris McKeon » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:06 pm

Well this Phoenix Pilot is just so much Bother. I go on, and on regarding How II want to Fly. I am so eager to Fly, I know that what I type causes some of You to begin Pulling Your Hair out simply reading My Perseverance born Blathering. My going on , and on about Flying My beloved Predator. Compared to other Flex-Wings. My Predator has the ability to Fly very Well. But this journey that I am on, and believe Me it feels like a Journey.

Don't mind Me, I just Simply love Mt Predator. I also just Love to fly. Hopefully I will Fly either on Saturday or On Sunday. Good By Chris.
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics