RGSA Web Site: http://rgsa.info  

Weekend Weather

Rio Grande Soaring Association Forum

Re: Weekend Weather

Postby RobinHastings » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:32 pm

FRIDAY, JANUARY 10 through SUNDAY, JANUARY 12:
Looks like a flyable weekend - but maybe not on Friday. Temperatures will be on the cool side for us (high 40's to low 50's F, or 10-12 C) with a chance for rain on Friday, and strong west to NW winds that day. Looks like a possible blowout, especially in Deming. On Saturday the winds are supposed to be much milder, and out of the SW. On Sunday, winds are forecast to be more westerly, and about 5 to 10 mph, or 10-12 mph in Deming. I'd say, stay indoors on Friday, unless you'd like to try La Luz (assuming it isn't raining then & there). On Saturday you have a choice of options: Dry Canyon, La Luz, Magdalena Rim, Nelson's Launch, Agave Hill, Little Floridas. Dress warm, though. On Sunday you might take Mag Rim off the list, but the rest should still work fine. And towing at the Sod Farm should be good both Saturday and Sunday. Looks like a good couple of days - be safe, and let us all know how you do!
-Robin
RobinHastings
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Weekend Weather

Postby RobinHastings » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:24 pm

FRIDAY, JANUARY 17 through SUNDAY, JANUARY 19, 2020:
Our current clouds should blow away by tomorrow. Temperatures will be about what we expect for winter, around 50 or so, and winds on Friday will start out benign (light SW) then in the afternoon be blown out. On Saturday, winds will be light west in Alamogordo, and light east everywhere else. Sunday looks like light SW in Alamo, and moderate east elsewhere. I'd recommend looking at Dry Canyon, La Luz, Mag Rim and Little Floridas early on Friday, then ducking for cover as the winds begin to blow. On Saturday, Dry Canyon might work again. Sunday, it's Dry Canyon, La Luz, and maybe Anapra. I'm afraid I'll be in Albuquerque this weekend, coaching gymnastics, but the rest of you airheads - good luck! And be safe...
-Robin
RobinHastings
Contributor
Contributor

Previous

Return to Rio Grande Soaring Association