RGSA Web Site: http://rgsa.info  

Weekend Weather

Rio Grande Soaring Association Forum

Re: Weekend Weather

Postby Nate » Tue May 19, 2020 3:19 pm

Looking forward to meeting up with friends and seeing some great sunsets!!! I plan on arriving Thursday evening.

Nate
210-508-3655
Nate
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Weekend Weather

Postby RobinHastings » Thu May 21, 2020 7:48 am

FRIDAY, MAY 22 through MONDAY, MAY 25, 2020:
The weather should cooperate for this weekend's Memorial Day Fun-Fly in Alamogordo - and elsewhere, too. Weather should be dry, warm (highs in the 85 to 95 degree range) and moderately windy. Friday, expect southwest winds, 10-12 mph throughout our area. So Dry Canyon, La Luz, Little Floridas, Magdalena Rim, Nelson's Launch and Agave Hill will work. Kilbourne Hole as well (great PG flights there last weekend). On Saturday, west winds in Deming and Las Cruces, 15-20 mph, and SW in El Paso and Alamogordo, 10-12 on the ground - maybe stronger. All the Friday sites just named should be OK, but go early or late - middle of the day looks strong. On Sunday, SW 5-10 in Alamogordo, west 10-15 in El Paso, WSW in Las Cruces, west in Deming 15-20. Dry Canyon and La Luz are your best bets, I think, but Little Floridas, Nelson's Launch, Agave Hill and Kilbourne Hole are all possible. Go early or late. Monday gets chancier, as some precipitation is possible east of the Sacramento Mountains and cooler weather comes in. We might get south and southeast winds in Alamogordo that day, 5-10 mph, which makes Dry Canyon still a good place to fly. I expect good times at the Fun Fly, so pack up your gear and come out for some airtime. I plan to be there Friday through Monday, if my truck is repaired today. Keep your social distance, bring a mask, and fly safely!
-Robin
575-386-8212 cell
575-541-5744 home
RobinHastings
Contributor
Contributor

Previous

Return to Rio Grande Soaring Association