Experimental forum for "Technology" discussions (computers, cameras, etc).

Re: Choppergirl's Crazy Corner of Coolness

Postby choppergirl » Thu Oct 10, 2024 1:10 pm

Odysee Video Exclusive!
Watch Foolish Mortals on Odysee Video Platform only:
https://odysee.com/@choppergirl:d/Foolish_Mortals:9
choppergirl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby choppergirl » Sat Oct 19, 2024 12:04 am

Kind of for me, in the same vein... A.I. video generation killed FPV quadcopters. I'm all into the A.I stuff now... or was, for a while. Until the Eye of Hurricane Helene stuck a few trees through my front door. Literally the first time I checked my radar map, was because it got quiet all of a sudden, and I was like, am I in the Eye? :?:

Sure enough I was right in the eye. I took a screen snapshot of the radar map on my cellphone with my location dot right in the eye. The Harpyiai like to chest thump with me from time to time. Tough titties for them, everything they do to F with me, I can undo with boundless energy. If it hadn't of been pitch black dark outside, I would of thrown a quad in the air. I've been wanting to fly a quad into a tornado for ever, and bam, lady luck unexpectedly lands on my doorstep and puts me right in the eye of a hurricane, but it's 3 bloody am. !@#$%!

Anyway... A.I. was the new hotness and way more fun to play with, and FPV flying robot quadcopters were suddenly looking like yesterday's old news bad hobby headache hoola hoop. Being yesterdays news, however, didn't stop men from duct taping grenades to hoola hoops, and rolling them down hills, however. :thumbdown:

I'm not much a fan myself of dopes on a rope like Tucker Gott, poster boy for yammering talking head garage Youtube silver star paraboys. I like doing inside... and outside... loops... too much. I do them all day long and plenty more which make his obvious clickbait flying to McDonald's parking lot hanging in a flying baby swing with a salad shooter strapped to his back... look like a sad joke. :-p

When Dell Schanze can show me 3 outside loops a row in a paraglider and how fun it is, I'll shut my face and eat my lipstick. :-) I said outside. Not inside. Contrary to what Dell Schanze says, no, they are not the same thing LOL. One is positive G's, the other negative. Collapsing wings, oy vey! :lol: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerobatic_maneuver

Or in a remotely piloted vehicle, no G's. Cause G's suck. Whatever loop you do, make them pretty and circular. https://www.aerobatics.org.uk/judging/topics/loops-2

Anyway, quadcopters displaced paragliders as an even cheaper and more accessible way to fly.
I don't need my feet of the ground to be flying. Do you?
And sims displaced quadcopters as even cheaper and more accessible than FPV quadcopters.
One pixel generated by a camera photo sensitive transistor, another by a GPU transistor, 6 one way, half a dozen another.
Makes no difference to me. 8-)

If you want more girls to fly, hand them a controller, and show them a sim, and tell them it's a video game, and they can be way better than boys in it. Try not to die in the video game. No goal, no time limit, no quest, no guns, no score, no baddies, just have fun, and if they feel so disposed, become Top Gun. I welcome all competition and comers. The boys copy my style now, and call it their own, which irks me, all you have to do is go backwards in my videos and see I did it first. Nothing I see coming from them inspires me. :shh: :shock: :shock:

You don't say you're the best to brag, you do it to put a target on yourself to the world and say, you think you're better than me all you bros, let's see what you got, hit me with your best shot. Let's see what you can do in the air that isn't the same old same old that's been done before by dragonflies and hummingbirds already a million years before you said your first mama. :srofl:

You're probably confused by my disjointed diatribe, and if so, bump it, click play, and enjoy yet another ai.me pretending she's back in the 1980's in an MTV video competing against Max Headroom... :-)

If mom can enjoy Pilates, Mars plays that daft table tennis, and the Harpyiai play javelin toss with telephone poles like they were in the Olympics, then I can dress up and play a 1980's rock and roll star. Don't dream it, be it! :D

I hope you enjoy this... yet another Choppergirly video :clap: , because it took me 2.5 hours to upload it over a weak a** cellular hotspot tethering connection on a warez free government cellphone registered to some street person named Freddie at a glacial 256Kbs... :crazy: like only 8x faster than a Hayes blinkenlicht modem. :yawn:

Back to running my German Bauer electric chainsaws from Harbor Freight... Electrons makes my chainsaw blades spin. These things are a blast and make short work of splintered telephone poles. I chop in more ways than one... chop chop!

choppergirl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sat Oct 19, 2024 3:54 am

choppergirl wrote:Kind of for me, in the same vein... A.I. video generation killed FPV quadcopters.

The FPV quadcopters were getting old. Your new videos are showcasing your talents. :)

choppergirl wrote:Until the Eye of Hurricane Helene stuck a few trees through my front door. Literally the first time I checked my radar map, was because it got quiet all of a sudden, and I was like, am I in the Eye? :?:

Sure enough I was right in the eye. I took a screen snapshot of the radar map on my cellphone with my location dot right in the eye. The Harpyiai like to chest thump with me from time to time. Tough titties for them, everything they do to F with me, I can undo with boundless energy. If it hadn't of been pitch black dark outside, I would of thrown a quad in the air. I've been wanting to fly a quad into a tornado for ever, and bam, lady luck unexpectedly lands on my doorstep and puts me right in the eye of a hurricane, but it's 3 bloody am. !@#$%!

You taught me a new word there (Harpyiai). I'd known of "Harpy" but not that form. From https://en.thefreedictionary.com/Harpyiai:
Har·py (här′pē)
n. pl. Har·pies
1. Greek Mythology One of several loathsome, voracious monsters with the head and trunk of a woman and the tail, wings, and talons of a bird.
2. harpy A predatory person.
3. harpy A shrewish woman.
[Latin harpȳia, singular of Latin harpȳiae, the Harpies, from Greek harpūiai.]

I'm sorry you got hit with Helene. I'm glad you made it through. Did you suffer any serious damage?

choppergirl wrote:Anyway... A.I. was the new hotness and way more fun to play with, and FPV flying robot quadcopters were suddenly looking like yesterday's old news bad hobby headache hoola hoop.

James Taylor: "The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time."

choppergirl wrote:Anyway, quadcopters displaced paragliders as an even cheaper and more accessible way to fly.
I don't need my feet of the ground to be flying. Do you?

It helps. :)

choppergirl wrote:You're probably confused by my disjointed diatribe, and if so, bump it, click play, and enjoy yet another ai.me pretending she's back in the 1980's in an MTV video competing against Max Headroom... :-)

Life is a challenge, and it's not easy to find one's niche. Thanks for sharing your exploration.

choppergirl wrote:If mom can enjoy Pilates, Mars plays that daft table tennis, and the Harpyiai play javelin toss with telephone poles like they were in the Olympics, then I can dress up and play a 1980's rock and roll star. Don't dream it, be it! :D

Yes. But really be it!    ;)
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby dhmartens » Sat Oct 19, 2024 9:56 pm

We used the military grade AI to unmask Choppergirl, but we had limited electricity so deal with it like Ev owners do,
Her real name is Barbara Gordon.

dhmartens
Contributor
Contributor

Postby choppergirl » Sun Oct 20, 2024 6:23 pm

Oak Tree tried to take out my Smurfette Mitsubishi Zero and WW1 biplane fighter air field, but was using a Norden ⨁ bomb sight...

Damned if it didn't land right smack dab on my pickle barrel though...
choppergirl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby choppergirl » Sun Oct 20, 2024 8:05 pm

A request for Queen, so I pulled this one out of Unlisted Status from 3 years ago of me playing a freight train
choppergirl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sun Oct 20, 2024 9:34 pm

choppergirl wrote:Oak Tree tried to take out my Smurfette Mitsubishi Zero and WW1 biplane fighter air field, but was using a Norden ⨁ bomb sight...

tree_crash.jpg
tree_crash.jpg (54.16 KiB) Viewed 65 times

Damned if it didn't land right smack dab on my pickle barrel though...

Wow!!        :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm glad you're OK!!
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you will find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Previous
Forum Statistics