Page 5 of 5

Re: Whistle Blower Protection SOP Proposal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:12 pm
by Bob Kuczewski
Hi Bill!!!

I think you've uncovered a bug in the system. :(

For some reason, following a link to another US Hawks topic will log you out. It's always been that way, but it's usually not a problem because you can still see the linked topic (even though you're logged out). So you can just use the "back" button to go back to where you were still logged in and continue on.

The problem here is that your link is to a topic in the private Board of Directors area. So when you click the link it logs you out and sends you to the new location. But to view that new location, you have to be logged in because it's otherwise private. But after you've logged in, it loses track of what you wanted to see in the first place!!! :crazy:

I believe this is a bug in the way that SIDs are managed in this forum. I think there's a way to save the SID in a "cookie" (rather than in the URL), and that would get around the problem by forcing us to use cookies. I don't know how to do that, and it's been bugging me for a while. The workaround hasn't been too bad ... until it showed up in the private forum section which is what you're experiencing now.

Hopefully that can wait until after the Torrey Pines RFP period because I really need to focus on that right now. OK?

Re: Whistle Blower Protection SOP Proposal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:29 pm
by Bill Cummings
We had put on hold the listing of," Whistle Blower Protection SOP Proposal"(s).
Next we decided to advance the discussion.
Shall we continue with listing motions concerning the wording of the whistle Blower Protection SOP Proposal(s)?
I suggest we review input from "Issues before the Board of Directors," and also posts above in this the Board of Directors Private Discussions.
Review ideas from retired board member Joe Faust.
Here is where we left off:
by Bob Kuczewski » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:04 pm
    WBP1:      The US Hawks Hang Gliding Association will not tolerate attempts from any individual to retaliate, punish, or in any way harm any individual who reports a concern in good faith. Such actions against a complainant will be considered a violation of the US Hawks Hang Gliding Association's Terms of Service and grounds for disciplinary action.    
_________________________________________________________________________
Bill C.:
  I nominate the US Hawks Whistle Blower (Scott Protocol) AKA (  WBP-SP1  ) (below)

“Whistle Blower” Protection

Regardless of outcome, the US Hawks Hang Gliding Association will support the complaint(s) made by any member - as well as any member’s right to express concerns in good faith.
The US Hawks Hang Gliding Association will not encourage, allow, or tolerate attempts by any member or group of members to retaliate, punish, or in any way harm any individual or individuals who report a concern in good faith.
Such actions against a complainant will be considered a violation of the US Hawks Hang Gliding Association's (Organizational Integrity/Safety In Flight Operations?) Guide and grounds for disciplinary action.
Such retaliatory acts may also be subject to civil or criminal proceedings.  

____________________________________________________________________________
All other nominated motions will be followed by:
  NONE OF THE ABOVE  

Re: Whistle Blower Protection SOP Proposal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:28 am
by Bob Kuczewski
There's a saying that I try to remember:

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.


We had a few proposed whistle blower motions made, but somehow none of them seemed as perfect as we might have liked. So we didn't accept any of them. That's left us with no official policy. Maybe we should try again and pick whatever seems better than nothing ... even if it isn't as perfect as we might want. We can always replace it if something better comes along.

Also, I want to thank Craig Muhonen for reviving this discussion with his recent post to the related topic.

Re: Whistle Blower Protection SOP Proposal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:35 am
by Bob Kuczewski
Here are two of the "good" that were dropped in hopes of finding the "perfect":

  •   WBP1:  
    The US Hawks Hang Gliding Association will not tolerate attempts from any individual to retaliate, punish, or in any way harm any individual who reports a concern in good faith. Such actions against a complainant will be considered a violation of the US Hawks Hang Gliding Association's Terms of Service and grounds for disciplinary action.
     
  •   WBP-SP1:  
    “Whistle Blower” Protection
    Regardless of outcome, the US Hawks Hang Gliding Association will support the complaint(s) made by any member - as well as any member’s right to express concerns in good faith. The US Hawks Hang Gliding Association will not encourage, allow, or tolerate attempts by any member or group of members to retaliate, punish, or in any way harm any individual or individuals who report a concern in good faith. Such actions against a complainant will be considered a violation of the US Hawks Hang Gliding Association's (Organizational Integrity/Safety In Flight Operations?) Guide and grounds for disciplinary action. Such retaliatory acts may also be subject to civil or criminal proceedings.

Note, however, that   WBP-SP1   contains a parenthetical section that should be cleared up before it can be an actual choice.

Re: Whistle Blower Protection SOP Proposal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:39 pm
by Bill Cummings
  WBP1 = I second  
Bob Kuczewski wrote:Here are two of the "good" that were dropped in hopes of finding the "perfect":

  •   WBP1:  
    The US Hawks Hang Gliding Association will not tolerate attempts from any individual to retaliate, punish, or in any way harm any individual who reports a concern in good faith. Such actions against a complainant will be considered a violation of the US Hawks Hang Gliding Association's Terms of Service and grounds for disciplinary action.
     
  •   WBP-SP1:  
    “Whistle Blower” Protection
    Regardless of outcome, the US Hawks Hang Gliding Association will support the complaint(s) made by any member - as well as any member’s right to express concerns in good faith. The US Hawks Hang Gliding Association will not encourage, allow, or tolerate attempts by any member or group of members to retaliate, punish, or in any way harm any individual or individuals who report a concern in good faith. Such actions against a complainant will be considered a violation of the US Hawks Hang Gliding Association's (Organizational Integrity/Safety In Flight Operations?) Guide and grounds for disciplinary action. Such retaliatory acts may also be subject to civil or criminal proceedings.

Note, however, that   WBP-SP1   contains a parenthetical section that should be cleared up before it can be an actual choice.

Re: Whistle Blower Protection SOP Proposal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:44 am
by Bob Kuczewski
Bob Kuczewski wrote: 
  •   WBP1:  
    The US Hawks Hang Gliding Association will not tolerate attempts from any individual to retaliate, punish, or in any way harm any individual who reports a concern in good faith. Such actions against a complainant will be considered a violation of the US Hawks Hang Gliding Association's Terms of Service and grounds for disciplinary action.

Bill Cummings wrote:  WBP1 = I second  


OK, with a proposal and a second, let's vote ...

I vote   YES   to using the wording of   WBP1   as our official U.S. Hawks policy until a better proposal is passed.

Re: Whistle Blower Protection SOP Proposal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:34 pm
by Bill Cummings
  YES  
Bob Kuczewski wrote:
Bob Kuczewski wrote: 
  •   WBP1:  
    The US Hawks Hang Gliding Association will not tolerate attempts from any individual to retaliate, punish, or in any way harm any individual who reports a concern in good faith. Such actions against a complainant will be considered a violation of the US Hawks Hang Gliding Association's Terms of Service and grounds for disciplinary action.

Bill Cummings wrote:  WBP1 = I second  


OK, with a proposal and a second, let's vote ...

I vote   YES   to using the wording of   WBP1   as our official U.S. Hawks policy until a better proposal is passed.

Re: Whistle Blower Protection SOP Proposal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:18 am
by Bill Cummings
Are there any more votes on the Whistle Blower Protection SOP Proposal?

Re: Whistle Blower Protection SOP Proposal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:24 am
by SamKellner
Bill Cummings wrote:  YES  
Bob Kuczewski wrote:
Bob Kuczewski wrote: 
  •   WBP1:  
    The US Hawks Hang Gliding Association will not tolerate attempts from any individual to retaliate, punish, or in any way harm any individual who reports a concern in good faith. Such actions against a complainant will be considered a violation of the US Hawks Hang Gliding Association's Terms of Service and grounds for disciplinary action.

Bill Cummings wrote:  WBP1 = I second  




  YES  

Re: Whistle Blower Protection SOP Proposal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:26 am
by Bob Kuczewski
Thanks Sam!!!

That's 3 votes in favor which passes!!

I'll move the topic to the public forum. Any other Directors wishing to cast a vote are welcome to do so.

Thanks again to a Super Board!!

:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: