Frank Politics

A place for discussions that are NOT related to the US Hawks. This area is provided for the convenience of our members, but the US Hawks specifically does not endorse any comments posted in these forums.
Forum rules
Be Polite!!

This forum is for discussions that are NOT related to the US Hawks. This area is provided for the convenience of our members, but the US Hawks specifically does not endorse any comments posted in this forum.

Re: Frank Politics

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:39 am

wingspan33 wrote:But again, who knows how many other HG pilots, will leave (or have left) the US Hawks because of the divisive and utterly unnecessary communications that certain member(s) seem to need to put out there.

There's a simple rule on public forums: Don't read what you don't want to read.

I understand that free speech is a double-edged sword that cuts in both directions. The sport of hang gliding has suffered greatly at the hands of those who claimed to silence people "for the good of the community". Remember the HGAA? Jack and his cronies silenced the most valuable volunteers under the guise of "building the organization". It went defunct shortly afterward.

We do have categories for posts and topics. If you feel something is out of place, please bring it to the Board. But in general, I tend to favor wide latitude in what people can say, and I will tend to vote along those lines. But I am just one of five and I'm not always on the winning side.

By the same token, Warren, I do think that some of your non hang gliding posts are pushing the bounds of what is appropriate in hang gliding sections of the forum. Please try to be mindful of that as you post.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: US Hang Gliding Rating System
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Free » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:32 pm

wingspan33 wrote:
What you don't seem to get, or just refuse to get, is that The US Hawks Hang Gliding Association is about hang gliding. Hang gliding subjects include hang gliding politics for sure. But MOST hang glider pilots fly (or read HG forum contents) because they want to get away from the business and/or political talk that they have to deal with EVERY DAY when they are walking around on the ground.

You don't strike me as someone who is immersed in business and/or political talk EVERY DAY.

That's why I suggested a "Hang Gliding Politics" section.

I applaud you for that!

Then there is your "special case". You want to stand on your soap box and have everybody hear/read what you have to say about general/national (non hang gliding) politics.

I don't think this is a fair assessment at all. My soap box is educational and is for everyone's benefit if they care to understand more than what they are immersed in every day when they are walking around on the ground. My comments are usually labeled as such that they should be easily skipped and ignored by those with too much going on in their heads to possibly absorb one little bit more. '

Well, the US Hawks has lost who knows how many members because of the amount of hang gliding politics on the "Front Page".

Who really knows? Any examples?

A friend of mine who spearheaded the hang gliding display at the Glen Curtiss Museum told me, after signing up here as a member last month, that there seemed to a lot of "crazy conspiracy stories" on the Hawks. I explained why, as best I could, but he has NEVER made an effort to post anything to the US Hawks. That's one example of one person who thinks the US Hawks is some kind of "nut case" web site. He thinks so because of the number of "political" topics posted here - be they hang gliding related, or general/national related.

Doesn't sound like politics is the culprit here in your example. How do you know he isn't posting because you claim to be a friend?
How could you explain "crazy conspiracy stories" when you admit to not knowing anything about me? What did you tell him?

As long as members here can tolerate posts that are primarily meant to announce someone's personal (non-hang gliding) politics, They will remain members.
You seem to be projecting power here that you don't really have.

But again, who knows how many other HG pilots, will leave (or have left) the US Hawks because of the divisive and utterly unnecessary communications that certain member(s) seem to need to put out there.

Yeah, who really knows what is necessary and unnecessary? I don't think you are such a good judge of that.
Again, thanks for your part in creating this new area of discussion.
This forum is a powerful addition to the U.S. Hawks!
:salute: :salute: :salute:
Free
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:40 pm

Free wrote:Frank has indicated in the past his allegiance to the leftist delusion/derangement.

I don't think that's accurate Warren. Can you offer a quote to back that up? If not, would you please rephrase that to be more accurate?
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob Kuczewski » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:14 pm

As of a few minutes ago this topic was moved to the "Free Speech Zone" by a vote of the U.S. Hawks Board. The following note was placed into the first post to mark it's previous location:

Moderator's Note: This topic was moved here
from the "Hang Gliding Politics" forum
by a vote of the U.S. Hawks Board.
Bob Kuczewski
Contributor
Contributor

Previous

Return to Free Speech Zone