Sign in, say "hi", ... and be welcomed.

Flying Thoughts: PREDATOR!

Postby Chris McKeon » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:46 am

Well here I sit just a thinking about Flying, While Type about Flying. I know. I Know Iam a sorry Case. Heck: I say if You cannot Fly, Type about Flying. Ok Here I will try to express in Words, how I feel about Flying. I as our friend Bob K once said to Me; I just love to be up in the Air. Yes, I agree with Bob. What Place is a happier Place to be than flying up in the Air, would You want to Be on a Given Day. SINK RATE AND THE PREDATOR. My Friend Zack Majors said that the Predator has a: "Phenomenal sink Rate." I have had times while Flying an XC Route, when I was on the Verge of having gotten so low that I was just about having to Set - Up a D-B-F. Being Mile's from a road. Being Mikes from a road, thus having to make the Decision that landing My Predator Should be way up on My Decision list. Well, feeling a Bump of Lift on say My left Wing. I had the confidence that Being that I was Flying My Predator, that I could Bennifete from the available lift. Therefore, I found Myself going around, and around. I then Climbed back up to Cloud Base. I like our friend Bob just simply love to be up in the Air Flying. Besides if You sink out, Your Day is pretty much over.

PREDATOR:

John than You for Designing such an awesome glider.
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Flying Thoughts: PREDATOR!

Postby Chris McKeon » Sun May 19, 2024 10:57 am

I have not Flown a HG in over 14 Years> I sit up here typing these meaningless Posts. So, I know I know that My posts Must seem pretty lame, to all of You. But Typing these Posts are not lame to Me. For I am typing about Flying, therefore I feel as if I am: {ON SUBJECT}. Anyways: the: {dream of flight} the Dream of Flight Burns so with Me. It Burns More Deeply than it did when I first took Flight Back in the Winter, I mean the Summer of Nineteen Ten, Nineteen 11 down in New Zealand.

So Providing I can work out getting Myself down to LA at the End of This Month. I will be at Dockweiler along with ma Few of You Pilots.

Anyways I hope that Everyone is Flying as Much as they Can. Good By Chris.
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Chris McKeon » Sun Jul 28, 2024 7:51 pm

Ok I have a couple of {SHORT QUESTIONS}. Could I Short Pack My Predator?
And here is a Weight reduction Question. Has anyone lost around a Hundred pounds, but kept Flying the same Glider? I mean I cannot be the only one who lost a lot of weight. Before I pounded on March 28th, 2010. I weighed 2892 Pounds. Now I weigh around 192 Pounds. Please write about Your Weight reductions and how it affected how Your Glider Flies.

So this is about it.

This Post Super Pound, Phonex Predator Pil;lot. Good By Chris.
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Chris McKeon » Sun Jul 28, 2024 9:35 pm

I want to apologize for My Weight numbers being incorrect. The Morning of My Last Flight, I weighed 298 Pounds. Well, these Days I weigh around a Hundred Pounds less than I weighed Fourteen Years ago. In fact, the heaviest that I have recently weighed is 203 Lbs. But most mornings I weigh just under two hundred Pounds.

The {POUND DIET}. You cannot argue with success.
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Chris McKeon » Sun Jul 28, 2024 10:21 pm

Ok this thought does not only apply to the Predator. But it should interest any Pilot who Flys any Glider. What I would love to know is just how much "LIFT" My wing Generates at a Given Air Speed. speed through the Air. OK yes, the Predator generates a tremendous amount of lift for the 158 Predator demonstrates to Me every time I am flying, trying to work thermals that My Friends Flying their other Brand of Gliders fail to be able to utilize in order to be able to stay Airborne. i believe that this could be determined by taking a Predator to a Wind Tunnel. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Chris McKeon » Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:43 pm

OK, I put up Posts asking for impute regarding how to Determan just how Much lift that a Predator Wing develops. I mean the Predator is known as a wing that can pack a lot of weight. In fact, the Morning of the Day when I pounded 14 Years ago, I weighed about two Hundred and ninety-eight pounds. But Flying My Predator in a case full of Weak thermals I was able to stay up in the Air Flying, when if I were Flying another Manufacturers Glider. I would soon find Myself needing to set up a DBF and land. Ok I want to make this thought totally Clear. I am comparing how Flying My Predator. Yes, I did enjoy success fly My Predator. But I only was able to remain Airborne due to the Predators great shape f it's Wing.

But though I owe almost all the Credit to My success when Flying My predator to the Fact that John and Dick Cheeney Designed and manufactured an Awesome Wing. But I as a Pilot over the Years have developed a pretty good sense of what to do when flying, this is especially true when working a thermal. But I do tend to Fly too fast between Thermals. Yea I am the kind of Pilot who upon say getting back up to Cloud Base. My speed to Fly is I tend to stuff the Bar I was able to get away with stuffing the Bar upon Topping out. risking getting to low before finding another Thermal. I knew that My Predators "Phenomenal" Sink Rate as Zack Majors once said, would not let Me Down.

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=648da9ba ... llNA&ntb=1

It really is the Wing, not the Pilot. The Predator in My opinion is the Optimal HG.
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Chris McKeon » Fri Oct 11, 2024 4:08 pm

"BBUCKET FLIGHTS"

Well, it is winding Down. Time wise. Yes, the Day when John will be here, will be as soon as next Week, or the Following Week. Even though I will not Fly My Beloved Predator. I will be Flying John's North wing T-2. John will Perform an IRAN on My Predator. John will then take My Predator for a Test-Flight. Fifty Years ago, or so Twinkie Nissan had the: {Right Jumper to Ride, and jump over 7 Feet or Higher. That Horse was an Eighteen Hand Appaloosa named Crocodile: https://www.chronofhorse.com/article/th ... -leadline/

When I want to do te Flights, the Flights that are on MY Bucket List. I will Fly MY 158 Predator. Flights such as: Launching from Wolf's Peak California. Fly to Oregon, land spend the night out, I will be: {Sky-Camping

I want to go to Colorado so that I can have a Flight where I fly My Predator up to twenty-Five Thousand Feet. II want to Fly MY Predator a Hundred Miles in Four Hours or less.
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Chris McKeon » Sat Oct 12, 2024 6:14 pm

Well, if I were Flying My Predator Today. I do not know how the Flight would go. Bu ah what a Grand feeling it will be when I am standing on Launch. When I scan the Airspace to the My rite, and the Airspace towords My right for Traffic. I will naturally after I feel that it will be Time to Commence My Walk, Jog, Run Launch into the Air, What I have no doubt of will be that I will be Feeling Very Good, I will feel so Good!
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Chris McKeon » Sun Oct 13, 2024 4:55 pm

Positive emotional reaction to Flying.

So I am having a Flying thought: I am thinking about just How good it will Feel. What I am talking about is a feeling that the Vast Majority have felt many Times. What I am talking about is just as I always felt good when flying. But upon My Climbing up to Cloud Base. That always Felt really Good. I so want to have that feeling again.
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Chris McKeon » Wed Oct 16, 2024 8:32 pm

Is there a Map that shows all the Launches sown there in San Diego? If there is a Map of the Launches that someone could Post?
Chris McKeon
Contributor
Contributor

Next
Forum Statistics